SinaLite

SinaLite Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Best company I worked for
People are friendly. There are many events and contests. Good benefit plan. Lots of technical tools I can work with, and be able to learn new knowledge in terms of industry.
Great company with lots of room for growth!
Good Benefits, Great Management, Newest Machines, Diversity, HR takes health and safety very seriously, Many events/contents, Production floor is very clean
Good for growth
SinaLite is a good company for beginning your career. A lot of employees feel like they aren't valued enough at the company, though. Management puts in some effort to ensure people are happy, but it really is the minimum. Punch cards are used to track time, so you're not super free with your start and end times, unless you negotiate.
Beware
Don't trust glowing reviews added by the company to throw people off. The pay and benefits are below standard, the facilities are run down and too small for the amount of employees and management clearly believes that making sure the facilities are as bare bones and limited in functionality will make employees more "productive". Well, it won't. Morale is low, employees are depressed and on edge and if management doesn't lay people off out of the blue, then people resign. Management ignores the problems it creates. Donuts can't fix everything.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Poor management that does not value employees
Official response from SinaLite
29 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback, all current and past staff are always welcome to post reviews based on their experience. We have made improvements to the facilities including a newly renovated kitchen and are always looking for more ways to improve. Our current staff enjoy annual reviews and fully employer paid benefits. All employees are welcome to provide feedback to management and or the HR department on ways to improve SinaLite even further. While your sentiment does not match the high satisfaction rate of current staff based on engagement surveys, we welcome your feedback on how to improve the experience of our workforce. Should you have any further feedback please do not hesitate to contact us at hr@sinalite.com.
Great company to start your career and learn a lot.
This is a great company to start your career whether it is as an engineer, developer, marketing specialist and etc. With this company, there is a lot you can learn through the workers and the CEO. Will definitely recommend working here if you are looking for a new challenge to help a rapidly growing company.
Pros
Great opportunities to connect with all department and all of the workers
Cons
Limited group events.
A great company and a great opportunity!
After living abroad for almost a decade it was challenging to get my foot in the door even in my home city. Sinalite has given me the opportunity to get back in to the environment that I thrive in.

The team here is extremely knowledgeable but more than that they are willing to try new things and even make mistakes. The owners are approachable and receptive to any idea.

You can ask for nothing more from an employer!
Pros
Great team
Cons
I can't walk to work from my home ;)
An Excellent Place to Grow
I don't normally write reviews, however Sinalite has gone above and beyond expectations for what it is like to start out at a new job. The people here are all so warm and welcoming. The management team and HR Staff are very approachable. The work environment contains a lot of moving parts however everyone is focused on doing their designated job to the best of their ability and it really shows.
Pros
Work Atmosphere, People, Location
Cons
Nothing to write here
Terrible Company
This company is a joke no idea what sales or sales environment is Trying to create a sale culture but have no clue Good for those with no experience Interview is more of an interrogation No experienced staff Terrible work environment with toxic chemical smell depressing factory atmosphere
Pros
Cons
no commission, training is elementary, factory atmosphere depressing
Acquired many skills, a progressive environment, with opportunities for learning.
- High skilled coworkers happy to help each other when needed.
- HR Team is very approachable and resourceful.

- My typical day dutiinclude improving website, adding new features, launching new products. work with marketing team and help them with technical skills.
Pros
Progressive thinking teams, Good work life balance, Cross functional departments
Cons
Nothing negative at the moment
Good Work Culture
Work Oriented, Promotes a learning culture, Management support, flexible working environment, Good place to work. Encouraging coworkers to help each other when needed.
Well Balanced Environment.
Sinalite is one of the fastest growing print companies in the industry. Their rising expertise make them a very lucrative workplace.

It is a family owned business with diverse work culture and highly supportive management - very encouraging and open to implementing new ideas.

Hiring, advancement, team building is very professionally handled by the HR team. They are high-spirited and maintain healthy work environment. They are very approachable, empathetic and resourceful.

Overall it is a fun place to work if you are looking for a well balanced living.
Pros
helpful staff, encouraging management, supportive hr.
Cons
not many activities or events
Re: Awesome company to work for!
Overall, great company to work for.

- If you show promise, there's great opportunities to advance into different positions to grow/learn. For example, I started as a CSR and then transitioned into the Estimating department!

- Co-workers are supportive - people here were willing to assist and help with any questions that you have. This really helped - especially when I was going through training.

- Benefits - health package included for health, dental, vision, etc.
Productive and fun
Really great work/life balance and a team oriented environment. Encouraging coworkers to help each other when needed. They really understand balancing productivity with social time.
Pros
Work/life balance, comfortable work environment, great culture
Just another day
A typical day included debugging / improving the website. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out requirements for your current project.
A growing business, great for people looking for stability
Family-oriented, mid-size business with consistent 9-5 work hours.

Management is pretty hands on in our department, especially during current company expansion, but could be more structured/organized. However, they are open to ideas and suggestions.

Office culture has room for improvement. Colleagues are friendly, but the workplace lacks office events that encourage interaction/team-building.
Best company I have ever worked.
Great culture, supportive environment.

Great benefits.

Interesting projects with high skilled people

There is a lot of trust in the team.

Great social culture

flexible working hours.

My life is nicer now I am working here.

Best company I have ever worked.
not fun, direct work and go home type of place
High volume of work and high paced. Management and owners do not know how to keep quality employees and very low pay. Very little to no room for advancement.

Most of the job should and can be automated but some manager say it can't be done to save their job.

Applied in house for a job that I was more qualified for and did not get looked at or even asked about it until I handed in my 2 weeks notice to leave for a better high paying job. There was no offer to keep me around.

Only learned a couple of software applications for large format and layout for press runs on heidelberg press
Pros
not many pros here other then some of the people are great to work with
Cons
Very low pay. Will get rid of higher paying employees to save money.