Sinai Health logo
Sinai Health

Sinai Health Employee Reviews

A good company to work for!

Featured review

Sinai Health selected this as a representative review
There are 2 locations of the Ambulatory Lab. that we rotate to and 1 location where we only do Phlebotomy for 2.5 hrs in the morning and we go back to the hospital to complete the rest of our shift. All 3 locations are very productive, we cater to different range of patients since from 7 yrs old patient to Geriatric patients. On a busy day we see about 300-400 patients in all 3 laboratories combined, and this attributes to my strong skills in Phlebotomy. I learned to deal with irate patients due to sometimes long wait time, but we are trained to deal with upset patients by dealing with them professionally and compassionately. I face challenges on a daily basis but everything can be handled through communications among co-workers, good inter personal relationship and team work. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people and interacting with them face to face.

Terrible place to be

They keep piling on work, you don't get credit for all the things you do, but are heavily criticised for any mistakes. In over 3 years, instead of a raise, they actually reduced the salaries of nearly everyone in my department, my salary was reduced by $2.20/hr. We do not get any lunch rooms and going to the bathroom is frowned upon by management.

Pros

Cons

bad hours, low pay, no raises or opportunity for advancement

Work culture is good, always short. Shared duties are daily thing along with daily work load. Very busy place, stressful and demanding. The blame is always on staff, if incidents occurs, manual work space- automation not yet arrived .

Pros

Great teamwork, friendly staff

Cons

Basic needs not provided water, lunch room

Na

A typical day at work includes learning patient and family needs and meeting those. Management is very helpful and steps in when necessary. The workplace culture is thoughtful and caring.Hardest part of the job is adapting the the changing needs of the PACU. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with competent, energetic, and helpful staff.

Friendly and funfull workplace.

An well organized multicultural workplace, where the management encourage my productivity. An wonderful learning environment to improve my skills in the field.

Pros

Flexible hours.

Excellent work culture

Labour and delivery at Mount Sinai Hospital has a wonderfully inclusive environment with plenty of support and encouragement to obtain continuing education opportunities and advance your theoretical and practical knowledge in Women and Infant's Health

Stressfull

started off great but then work politics and mediocre salary. No room for advancement. I was crosstrained in many departments but did not recieve more pay. People forme 'cliques' and was not equal treatment among management.

Fast-paced and Collaborative work environment

Fast-paced environment where you're expected to jump right in and learn with minimal training. Imperative to work well independently and in a team. Learned a lot in a short amount of time.

neutral feelings

It's a place to work, make money and pay bills. Grateful for the opportunity they've given employees like myself. As with many work environments, there are quality staff that make work enjoyable.

Good to work

Good company to grow and apply for different positions. Also open doors to apply for other hospital settings. Increase the skill working as a team member.

Jobs at Sinai Health

See more jobs

Productive and welcoming

I have learned a lot during my volunteer in the company. I was exposed to a fast-paced environment wherein I had the chance to apply the attained skills in college.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. Friendly managment and they care about thier volunteers. Encouraging workshops, valuabe to know and also for well being.

Working at mount sinai

Working at Mount Sinai high risk antepartum gave me a great work experience. The staff were very knowledgeable and helped new staff settle into their new positions. I would recommend Mount Sinai to any nurse whether new grad or or experienced

Efficiently run institution

Bureaucratically run. As the most recent trend in hospitals indicates, the value of life has been diminished greatly. Dedicated team. Team members take ownership. Many great people.

Team work and fast paced environment

have had multiple challenges due to change of management from legacy to new ERP system. System change means overall cultural change across company where some seniors are reluctant to change

Pros

Reporting improved across department and month end became easy as compared to previous system

Cons

Some staff fired during this process and Management had no option

Amazing staff

Amazing people to work with, very diversify hospital but the salary is so low for the staff. They have to check the starting salary given for the rest of the hospital in Ontario and they are really left behind.

Pros

People are knowledgeable and friendly

Cons

low salary for the staff

Nice hospital environment

Was here as a grad student. Had a good time, hospital is undergoing massive renovations but houses a great network of researchers and professionals for cutting edge health research

Lots of Change but Good Culture

The organization is currently undergoing major physical and organizational renovations. A lot of stress, but more typically encountered by management. Healthy workplace (for the most part) with opportunity to create lots of great relationships. No room for slackers, but hard work is appreciated. On-site food court, Second Cup, Indigo book store, Rexall pharmacy. Underground access from subway system direct to office if working in main hospital building.

Toxic

Office politics indeed is making me write more This is crazy to write this much Why do you want to to keep writing me whe it ca be summed up as run

Lunch in a Chinese restaurant with colleagues was fun!

Mont Sinai is a great hospital to work for. we get to interact, socialized and laugh ! There are good opportunities to advance your professional career. Management is very supportive of your ideas and suggestions, flexible schedule. The company offers good benefits, and also provide additional training to continue learning new skills. You get to work with some great people from all over the world.

Busy

Busy place. Lots to learn if you are interested. Location is in the downtown of Toronto so very busy commute. Lots of near by hospitals and healthcare facilities.
  • Sinai Health