Sinai Health System

Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Fast-paced and Collaborative work environment
Fast-paced environment where you're expected to jump right in and learn with minimal training. Imperative to work well independently and in a team. Learned a lot in a short amount of time.
Nicu rn
Workplace culture is tense at best. Staffing is always short.
You will learn a lot working here if you are interesting neonatal intensive care and high risk pregnancy. However, do not expect support from management in any sense.
No job security
Seemed to be a good place to work until you realize how toxic the culture is. There aren’t good opportunities to advance within the company and if you are below management you’re easily replaceable.
Work-life balance is good, normally do not have to put in long hours unless you are working in ER. Management is great and accommodating. Overall a decent place to work.
A good company to work for!
There are 2 locations of the Ambulatory Lab. that we rotate to and 1 location where we only do Phlebotomy for 2.5 hrs in the morning and we go back to the hospital to complete the rest of our shift. All 3 locations are very productive, we cater to different range of patients since from 7 yrs old patient to Geriatric patients.
On a busy day we see about 300-400 patients in all 3 laboratories combined, and this attributes to my strong skills in Phlebotomy. I learned to deal with irate patients due to sometimes long wait time, but we are trained to deal with upset patients by dealing with them professionally and compassionately. I face challenges on a daily basis but everything can be handled through communications among co-workers, good inter personal relationship and team work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people and interacting with them face to face.
Over worked, under paid
A typical day at the hospital is very busy, there is always a lot going on and a lot of work that needs to be done. I learned how to be organized, productive, efficient, and client service/care. The problem is a few staff members are in genuine no one is willing to help each other and the pay is extremely low pay. I have a part time job just to make ends meet. work place lacks strong leadership
Pros
Manager isn't over your shoulder
Cons
Manager doesn't fight to get you a raise
working as a team
there is a lot of help when you need one...its a busy high risk hospital, you work with people that are popular in the community as they have done amazing discovery.
Good place to learn.
People are very helpful. Overall a very good place to learn or work. Everyone in all the departments are very helpful and always willing to help despite their busy schedules.
Everything is under good system and very quick.
Pros
Helpful staffs
Cons
slow elevator service
wonderful place to work
I would have continued to work here had I not relocated away from Toronto. Professional environment, wonderful management, career advancement opportunities always available and more!
Fun and lively I loved working there.
I met many people from whom I gained a lot of experience and the staff were loving and always willing to help in case I got stuck. It was very good for me as I was able to give back to the community in such a short time
Fun workplace with great staff and leaders
I got to be part of many projects that allowed to me to experience a variety of real life situations in a professional laboratory. The staff made the transition seamless and fun. I got to design and execute my own protocols which was challenging yet a lot of fun.
Nice place to work at.
Very busy in the Family Medicine Department. The staff are great and helpful. They work as a time in the department. Friendly and attentive to patients and doctors. It is a booked appointment Clinic which is easier to manage than a walk in clinic.
Healthy workplace providing healing environment for patients and their families
Great Cardiology Unit with high morale, great team of nurses and doctors working collaboratively to maintain best quality care to patients!
The best part of the day was to see patients get better and discharged home. Providing patients with resources to maintain healthy living in the community, being educated on how to manage chronic illness and live fulfilling life.
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
close of the unit
Great team of staff nurses
Successful day providing quality compassionate care to patients and their families. Assist, assess and treat patients with respect and dignity. Staff nurses work really hard to maintain healthy work environment. They support each other in making decisions to benefit patients' wellbeing.
Pros
great team of staff nurses
A fast paced environment with opportunities for fun
I enjoyed the opportunities I had to develop persons within my team. I also enjoyed working with many of the managers whom I support and collaborate with.
Long Standing Employee
Looking for an advancement in my career. Mount Sinai has been a good place to begin my career.

Patient centered care is at the forefront of their values and beliefs.

Lots of good research going on

First Hospital in Canada to achieve Magnet Status
This clinic very badly needs to shut down indefinetly
Poor communication between staff members, even worse between the employer. Employer is always 2 hours late for the clinic. Extremely rude as well as the medical administrator. Have never encountered such unprofessional-ism in 15 years in this business. The medical administrator is very rude, stuck up and slam talks the patients to co workers as soon as they are seated. Doctor has zero beside manner with his patients. The HR department is also very unorganized and not willing to help with anything. Very slow and the overall experience of working in this hospital was a nightmare. I do not recommend anyone working in this clinic and if you have to deal with anyone from the HR department, good luck!

absolute horrible and dysfunctional working environment!
Pros
Money was good and the location was convenient
Cons
everything else
interesting and supportive place to work
well staff, institutionalized and well balanced work place culture, highly competitive and happy staff. well support network of employees. secure and very clean hospital
Pros
contented staff
Cons
institutionalized work place
Overrated
Reputation is built of the backs of physicians and nurses. Administration may as well go fishing. Thet contribute little to nothing.
Wonderful place to work
No typical day. learned to multitask, organize my work. wonderful management and co-workers. Nothing is hard when work is organized well. Working with my supervisor is the most enjoyable part of the job as she is a wonderful mentor.
Pros
New experience everyday
Felt like family
I could not have been more blessed with a better boss and team.
Work life balance was incredible.

A place where I felt appreciated, rewarded and accepted.

I would recommend Mount Sinai Hospital Foundation to everyone-donors, sponsors and patients included.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Sinai Health System Reviews by Location