Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

No job security
Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2019
Seemed to be a good place to work until you realize how toxic the culture is. There aren’t good opportunities to advance within the company and if you are below management you’re easily replaceable.
A good company to work for!
Laboratory Technician III (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
There are 2 locations of the Ambulatory Lab. that we rotate to and 1 location where we only do Phlebotomy for 2.5 hrs in the morning and we go back to the hospital to complete the rest of our shift. All 3 locations are very productive, we cater to different range of patients since from 7 yrs old patient to Geriatric patients.
On a busy day we see about 300-400 patients in all 3 laboratories combined, and this attributes to my strong skills in Phlebotomy. I learned to deal with irate patients due to sometimes long wait time, but we are trained to deal with upset patients by dealing with them professionally and compassionately. I face challenges on a daily basis but everything can be handled through communications among co-workers, good inter personal relationship and team work.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people and interacting with them face to face.
Nice place to work at.
Office Assignment Desk - Family Medicine (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Very busy in the Family Medicine Department. The staff are great and helpful. They work as a time in the department. Friendly and attentive to patients and doctors. It is a booked appointment Clinic which is easier to manage than a walk in clinic.
i love work to team
pharmist (Current Employee) –  trornto16 December 2016
i work alot jobs in every day i sell drugs to patients i communation with him to talk about side effects and action mechanism the drug in the disease and how must be carfully and when they should take the drug in the day and who dose can take .
Pros
freelunch
Cons
longhours
interesting and supportive place to work
Porter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2016
well staff, institutionalized and well balanced work place culture, highly competitive and happy staff. well support network of employees. secure and very clean hospital
Pros
contented staff
Cons
institutionalized work place
Overrated
Sr consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronti4 September 2016
Reputation is built of the backs of physicians and nurses. Administration may as well go fishing. Thet contribute little to nothing.
Wonderful place to work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2016
No typical day. learned to multitask, organize my work. wonderful management and co-workers. Nothing is hard when work is organized well. Working with my supervisor is the most enjoyable part of the job as she is a wonderful mentor.
Pros
New experience everyday
Hardworking and Fast Learner and Productive person
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  University Avenue, Toronto,Ontario10 March 2016
I am working in Mt Sinai Hospital as Medical Assistant up to the present. I learned lots of things from my job like booking of appointments, scheduling of referrals, calling patients with their appointment, Clinical Office and many more. There's no hardest part for me because I am enjoying what I am doing.
Awesome Team work
Cerner Workflow Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2016
This group was awesome to work with, found some deficiencies in the Cerner program, I made it a softer workflow by adding in the metric system instead of our standard in the USA.
Pros
Great Team
positive work culture
RN student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2015
Conducive environment to learning, education and a very positive work culture. Magnet recognized institution, exemplary hospital with high nursing care standards.
Excellent place to work
Project Manager and Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2015
I value my time at St. Mikes and would work there again if the right opportunity presented itself. As a very large company it was able to instill one of the best working cultures I've had the pleasure of working in. I always felt like a valued member of a team even though I spent most of my days in a cubical.
Interesting time
Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2015
Great place to gain valuable experience and meet interesting people. Opportunity to learn and have relationships with great leaders.
Opportunity to get involved and make a difference with our healthcare.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no flex time
great job/ good pay
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario10 September 2014
Working at Mount Sinai is life changing for me.
I look forward to go to work there!
my co-workers are great, always ready to answer questions.
The hardest part is when i sit at home waiting for shift/ I'm part time!!
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients, co-workers,everyone, there's a great satisfaction in helping people
and doing a great job. It satisfy me greatly when the patients thank me for doing a good job.
Pros
great workplace
A very diversified work place which embraces everyone.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 August 2014
Very busy surgical office with emphasis on patient focused care. Co-workers make the day - we help each other as much as needed and give support to one another. As this is an oncology office, we deal daily with the dilemma of providing the very best care to cancer patients, guiding them through the various appointments and always being here for them. My focus is the patient and they provide me with inspiration to do a very good job!
very highly recommended hospital
Volunteer work -data entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2012
I only work here as part of my Med Adm school . I volunteered here for at least 70 hours . Learned to do data entry , inputting nurses hours , and some clerical work
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
quite far from my location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Sinai Health System Reviews by Location