Simson Maxwell
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Simson Maxwell: 33 Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews

Great place to work, no pressure.

I enjoyed the people and environment. The people were very helpful and friendly. The culture is not stressful very evenly paced. A very friendly and fun place to work. I would recommend this company as a great place to work for anyone interested.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No resteraunts or stores in the area.

Fun and challenging work! Endless opportunity with this fast growing company!

Great work place with even better people! The work is challenging and fun. Tons of opportunities for advancement! Opportunities to travel and work all over BC and Alberta!

Pros

Fun, stress free, challenging, great pay and benefits, work truck to take home! Save on gas! Overtime if you want it!

Cons

Weekends, evenings and out of town work might not be for everyone!

Insights into Simson Maxwell

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Great work/life balance, amazing opportunities to grow your career, great co-workers, and overall amazing atmosphere.

Pros

Flexible working arrangements. Supportive management. Room to grow. Fun place to work.

collaborative, fun environment to grow and succeed in your career

Working at Simson Maxwell has allowed me to progress in my career. Management has an open door policy and always makes you feel like you are talking to a peer.

Pros

flexible working hours

Cons

Simson Maxwell is a great place to start a career, and offer plenty of opportunities if you are willing to learn, and are a driven person.

One of the best companies I have worked for, and you can tell they take care of their employees and give you the necessary tools and training to succeed.

Pros

Great Benefits, Holidays, Paid to Travel, Great Coworkers

Cons

Can be quite stressful, work load can sometimes be overwhelming, lack of organization

Best Company!

Best company I have ever worked for! I admire Simson Maxwell’s vision and core values. Everyone in the Simson Maxwell family is a team and I love coming to work everyday.The executives and managers really care not only about the company but their employees growth.I am honoured to be in the Simson Maxwell family and encourage anyone to join us to grow with the company for years to come!

Pros

Amazing Team, On-Site Parking, Health Benefits, Company Events, Enjoyable Work Environment, Shorter Friday Hours

Cons

With the new ownership, there has been a lot of positive changes initiated!

With the new ownership, there has been a lot of positive changes initiated. I am really excited for the future of both the company as well as my career.

Pros

Collaborative and a team work approach. Leadership who genuinely cares about all staff members.

Cons

Can be hectic at times, but what job isn't?

Fast-paced shop environment with plenty of work

Jobs were highly varied but centered around fabrication and power systems auxiliary equipment. Work was done in a spacious shop with just enough tools. Management was friendly and helpful!

Pros

Friendly employees

Cons

Stressful at times

Great culture, productive environment

Positive high energy atmosphere, conducive to high productivity and motivation. Good feeling of job satisfaction, would highly recommend working here.

Enjoyable Job with Great People

Working at Simson-Maxwell was a great experience. The people were very friendly and always willing to help. The management is flexible and understanding while still holding you up to high standards and motivating you to work hard. I feel as though I was given meaningful tasks that challenged me. Overall, I have nothing but positive things to say about this company.

Pros

Friendly people, good management, treat employees well, fun environment, meaningful work

Cons

The people make it great

I have worked at Simson-Maxwell twice, in different capacities and a few years apart. Both experiences were great! The people made it so. My manager(s) were supportive and I was encouraged to do my best. A very rewarding place to work.

Pros

Supportive managers

Part of Something Great!

Over the last couple of years, there has been a change in leadership at the top and it has been nothing but positive! I feel a part of something great where my ideas are welcomed, heard and implemented. I like where we are heading and glad to be a part of the journey.

Pros

Flexible work environement

Excellent Work Environment

Simson Maxwell has a very positive company culture and great working environment, with highly skilled people that are always willing to help you succeed.

Pros

Friendly staff and flexible work environment

A great place to work

In the past few years, the corporate culture has shifted to a positive and inclusive environment for everyone. No drama, just people with the same vision and goals coming to work every day with managers who help us succeed.

Pros

work from home if possible, flexible hours

Stressful place to work

When I noticed safety violations in the shop yard, and mentioned them to head office, I was let go a week later for being honest. There was a lot of favouritism that went on in the office with certain project managers and people getting away with things that others were punished for doing

Used to be a great place to work

Service manager likes to run his dept. with fear and intimidation. He tends to tell the employee one story and his senior management a different story. He is very narcissistic and not to be trusted.

Fast paced, productive, and high learning curves

Working at Simson Maxwell is very challenging and productive. Days are intense and always alot to learn. I personally enjoy the fast paced environment with minimum supervision. Critical thinking and decision making abilities are always required on the job. Everyone is friendly, the department feels like family. Management and company are very supportive.

Pros

Positive working environment

Cons

Average Benefits

Great workplace and talentated employtees in Generator Manufactufring business

Typical day was searching for tenders throughout BC for generator bids and providing contact with engineering contacts. Creating quotes based on single line engineering electrical drawings. Followed up with customers on project reviews and detailed application for custom built prime powered and standby generators for various industrial markets including: Forestry, Mining, Marine, and other Power generation markets. Provided pricing and created submittals for engineers and consultants for review and approval on various job projects. Worked with various enclosure, parts and engine suppliers on lead times, pricing, drawings (mechanical and electrical) for submittals. Worked on the road to visit with clients and market the company for further business opportunities throughout B.C. Held conference meeting and presented work projects, teaching other companies on what we offered for potential future business.

balance of work load

very busy throughout day coordinating service calls with customers and technicians. Technicians very easy to work with and accommodating through out the day as needed.

challangeing and

Always learning some thing new . There is always new challenges to deal with, Driving conditions and remote sites. Great co-workers willing to help when needed.

always ever changing jobs and sites always learning

Great place to learn and test your self . we travel to remote sites so driving in all sorts of weather and road conditions. we are on call 24 7 so you will get your hour and more .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simson Maxwell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement