Simply For Life

Simply For Life Employee Reviews for Dietitian

Dietitian5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
Management is not good. Forced to practice in an unethical manner. Sketchy company focused only on money and not clients. Employees are not treated well.
Cons
unethical
The company promotes a long-term lifestyle change, not fad diets. Emphasis on whole food (Mediterranean based) individualized meal plans. They also have evidence-based programs for those who want to to try other ways of eating so we can safely guide them. We help our clients figure what works and what doesn't, for them (no biases). Family, food preference, nutrition knowledge, religion, activity level, etc are all factors that are considered when helping our clients. We have a Natural Market, so there is a retail side to the job, which is exciting! We bring in the best healthy food and are proud of what we have to offer!
Pros
Fun atmosphere, growing company, get to develop relationships with clients long-term to make more of an impact.
Cons
Consulting can be tough, it's not for everyone!!
Very underpaid. They don’t need RDs, they like to use RDs in order to seem more legit and push fad diets. It might be a foot in the door for some, but it will make you question your morals as a practitioner. You also have to push supplements from their store, which goes against the JKAT.
Not a fun place to work. Very underpaid ($20/hour), no sick time, no vacation pay and high pressure to provide non-evidence based care. Will have to work non-traditional hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
disrespect for the profession, pressure to do things you don't want to.
Poor place to work. Salary is way below average RD pay scale, some nutrition advice they expect you to give out is questionable, and it is poorly managed.
Pros
Cons
Below average pay, don’t always get paid on time, poor hours