Simply For Life

Simply For Life Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
When I worked for Simply for Life it was very slow-paced. As a marketing and Administrative body, I felt a lot of stress and pressure with little guidance to bring the business to life again. It is now under new management and relocated so I would not be able to review the current work culture.
Fun place to work. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The customers were also very friendly and made you look forward to going to work. I found if an enjoyable place to work.
Management (at least at the location I worked) were not informed at all on the day to day tasks of the employees. They would give irrelevant directions,
J'AI travaillé chez SFL comme réceptionniste dans la région de Tracadie,N.B. avec Junior Michaud….Mon travail était de recevoir les gens, faire les dépôts a la Banque, placer des rendez vous, teindre note des produits à la vente. Répondre aux téléphone Faire les chèque au nom de Simply for life une fois par mois. J'ai adoré mon expérience..
Marielle Comeau
Management is not good. Forced to practice in an unethical manner. Sketchy company focused only on money and not clients. Employees are not treated well.
Cons
unethical
This business is very cut throat. They will brag you up then totally ignore you if you can’t perform like they want you to. This business is very inconsistent with any promises that they make you and only looking out for their own best interest. The “new” owner of Antigonish is a wack job and can’t even manage her other location. She goes through countless employees and asks her dieticians to preform Insurance fraud
Excellent company to work for. I was able to expand my college learnings at my own pace. Staff was very friendly. Will work with your availability. Great place to learn about healthy living
The company promotes a long-term lifestyle change, not fad diets. Emphasis on whole food (Mediterranean based) individualized meal plans. They also have evidence-based programs for those who want to to try other ways of eating so we can safely guide them. We help our clients figure what works and what doesn't, for them (no biases). Family, food preference, nutrition knowledge, religion, activity level, etc are all factors that are considered when helping our clients. We have a Natural Market, so there is a retail side to the job, which is exciting! We bring in the best healthy food and are proud of what we have to offer!
Pros
Fun atmosphere, growing company, get to develop relationships with clients long-term to make more of an impact.
Cons
Consulting can be tough, it's not for everyone!!
This is such a rewarding place to work. Everyday you coach clients on their path to a healthier lifestyle and look & feel amazing! The company as a bonus system in place so you get paid for what you work for! Dynamic & fun environment! I absolutely love this job!
Working for Simply For Life can be demanding but so rewarding. You get to help people reach their nutrition goals everyday and build long term relationships. Simply For Life is ahead of nutrition science and is based all on evidence based practice. It's truly a great place to work and if you put in the effort and hard work it is always rewarded.
Pros
Flexiable Hours, Low Stress enviroment but fast paced, social
Cons
Some later evenings
Very underpaid. They don’t need RDs, they like to use RDs in order to seem more legit and push fad diets. It might be a foot in the door for some, but it will make you question your morals as a practitioner. You also have to push supplements from their store, which goes against the JKAT.
Not a fun place to work. Very underpaid ($20/hour), no sick time, no vacation pay and high pressure to provide non-evidence based care. Will have to work non-traditional hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
disrespect for the profession, pressure to do things you don't want to.
Poor place to work. Salary is way below average RD pay scale, some nutrition advice they expect you to give out is questionable, and it is poorly managed.
Pros
Cons
Below average pay, don’t always get paid on time, poor hours
Simply for Life is a fast growing company designed to improve the health of their clients through customized meal planning and supplementation. Building a rapport with your client base is the key to success by meeting with your clients on a weekly basis to evaluate their committment to the program and hence achievement of the desired results.
Pros
A great company to help with your health
Cons
Needs a better marketing and branding plan
Love this company and what it stands for. New owner in Airdrie is awesome, energetic and encourages two way communication and involvement. I really feel like I am part of a team and my suggestions are valued. Lots of wonderful changes and more being implemented to build excitement such as member mixers with our clients and a growing Natural market.
Pros
Feel valued, upbeat, fun and uplifting atmosphere.
No job securaty,no benefits, salary could be better for the amount of work that i do,i am cleaning the clinic every day that i work this was not in my job discription when i got the job.....
coucilling... creating meal plans and chatting with clients, educating them.. helpling them make more healthier choices.
Focus on lifestyle changes