Simply Biscotti

Simply Biscotti Employee Reviews

2.3Pay & benefits

Good place to meet new persons from different cultures and learning their habits concerning food and drinks.

-In the morning, my responsibility is to arrange everything we need for a good service during the day. -During the service, I attend to customers’ requests, advise them on drinks and serve them, prepare non-alcoholic drinks and preparing coffee/cappuccinos for those who ordered them. -Periodically, I have to participate in inventory. -I also taking orders and maintain open communication between the two Simply Biscotti branches -Taking care of customer complaints and making sure that they are satisfied -Maintaining a good work environment among employees -Doing extra work in the baking area when necessary.

Not worth working here

Overall you learn a lot working here and staff/customers are very nice. You also get free coffee and discounted food which is a plus. However the owner can be very condescending and you are given a lot of work for a very low pay and there is no benefits. I think there are WAY better places to work out there in the industry especially if you are looking for a job where you can learn AND support yourself financially.

Pros

Free coffee/ discounted food

Cons

Low pay/ Not impressed with management

Lots of work

A typical day at work involves serving customers, making drinks, grilling sandwiches, cleaning, washing dishes, filling pastries, packing cookies, taking orders, answering the phone, filling displays, filling fridges, sweeping and mopping the kitchen and front of the sore. You are expected to do everything no matter how busy the store is. The store is always understaffed so you always have to do more work. On the upside, coworkers and customers are very nice.

Pros

1 free coffee per shift

Cons

don't get paid for all hours you work

Fun place to work in

During my experience at SImply Biscotti, I mastered my communication level with the customers, and learned how to work in a team environment, satisfying the customers and their needs. A usual day at simply Biscotti included, serving customers, filling up pastries and cleaning up the place. The management was well arranged, however I had to leave the job due to some disrespect to me. The hardest part of the job, was to keep up with multiple drink orders, while rush hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my coworkers and the customers.

Pros

1 free drink

Cons

Wouldn't get paid extra hours.

Amazing coworkers and good training for serving and preparing coffee. Most enjoyable part of the job is the customer service. Learned how to make latte art.

Fast paced, enjoyable atmosphere in the heart of Little Italy.

A typical day at Simply Biscotti includes; greeting customers, making a variety of beverages and serving them to customers, sweeping/mopping, doing dishes, filling the pastry showcase, cleaning the storefront, answering questions about our specials and creating a fun comfortable environment for my customers and coworkers. My coworkers at Simply Biscotti are amazing. They are all very intelligent, fun and hard working people. Some of the bonds I've created here will be everlasting, true friendships. The best part of this job is interacting with customers. There is nothing better than getting to know someone over coffee (even if you're the one serving it). Overall I have loved my time at Simply Biscotti and wouldn't change any part of that experience.

Pros

Location, clientele, coworkers

Cons

Unpredictable hours

For a people person.

Simply Biscotti is a cafe with wonderful atmosphere and the food a drinks is also very wonderful. For someone who enjoys talking to people all day. Who can handle busy and stressful situations. Also for some one who is ok with bad management.

Pros

Awesome co-workers!

Cons

Odd managment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simply Biscotti. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement