SIMONS

SIMONS Employee Reviews

Coworkers are friendly and the general ambience is cool. Unfortunately, the upper management doesn’t really care about employees and there’s very little opportunity to grow in the company. Don’t ever expect the HR person to do anything for you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Terrible HR
This is a typical retail job where the company will try to exploit you for as much as they possibly can without giving anything in return. I worked there for over three years, and even though I was an excellent and reliable worker, the way they treated me just continued to go downhill. In the end, the nail in the coffin was how they were consistently scheduling me to work all day without any break. I often felt like I was going to pass out on the floor, but my concerns were not addressed. They would schedule me to work at from 11am to 4:45pm so that I was 15 minutes short of being entitled to a break. I would only get to eat breakfast and dinner on those days. They knew that I did not live close to the store but continued to give me shifts like that knowing that I could not eat. The culture at the store was also quite toxic unfortunately. Employees and managers were quite rude and gossip was rampant. Managers who had nothing better to do frequently went on power trips and would scold employees for the smallest of mistakes. I never felt comfortable or secure in my job as managers often spied on employees in the security office and would then question you if they thought it looked like you weren't doing anything. The job truly was not enjoyable at all. I frequently endured abuse from customers (as can be expected in retail) and managers would never stick up for you. Even after the fact, managers would always be quick to assume that you were the one who caused the customer to become upset and they would question what you as the employee could have done to prevent an incident. It - more...
Pros
free lunches, above minimum wage
Cons
poor scheduling, incompetent management
It’s an organized company and very professional. If you like to dress nice and work for organized n professional company this is the place for you . This company more then 150 years so it’s tell you how professional and strong .it’s the most organized company I ever work with .If not because of distance I won’t quit there
Pros
Organized place to work, salary increase, professional place to work and nice lockers and big nice lunch room
Cons
Some of the floor managers are rude, favouritism, and request for holiday will get long time to approve
It's incredible how unfair they treat hard workers and Picking Favorites, A LOT OF GOSSIP. Managers will spread your private talks with the rest of your co-workers creating drama, up to the security guards. Toxic environment, Unprofessional attitudes, forgiving and giving days off to ppl that l.ick their shoes not to hard workers, light their duties. They change your schedule at their convenience. Change your benefits..Do NOT work their even if it seems tempting and looks nice. Fake smiles.
Pros
20% disccount
Cons
Toxic enviroment
Le simons est un très bon environnement de travail.
I've worked at Simons for 2.5 years and it was one of the best decisions in my career as a student I could make. Super easy and great management- however there were some that were not-so great which is fine and occurs in any workspace. I learned a lot and how to manage certain aspects of mentoring other coworkers since I was there for quite a while. The hardest part of the job is obviously the nuisance of some customers which is typical in any retail job. Other than that it's pretty straightforward and common knowledge. The most enjoyable thing is the sense of family and community you share with your coworkers and you really do make memorable connections with customers.
Pros
Free lunches + Dessert Day (Common on Holidays/Birthdays), flexible shifts, good pay, overall enjoyable place to work
Cons
Je n'ai que du bon à résumer de mon expérience dans cette entreprise, tout a été pour moi du positif, j'y ai tout appris sur ce domaine et j'ai réussi à y faire ma place grâce à mon travail et grâce aux professionnels qui nous forme tout au long de notre travail...
Environnement de travail productif et très agréable , service de qualité envers clientèle
Pros
bonne ambiance
Cons
nil
Mon expérience chez Simons est une tres belle expérience
Je conseille vivement chaque étudiant et étudiante de travailler quelque temps chez Simons.
Although the salary somewhat is not fair, it is a good company with a good top-level manager, and fun and friendly employee. management is strict about the dress code, but if you like to dress up formally, it is a good opportunity to exercise that!
Good atmosphere and friendly staff. top level managers are very good and cooperative. comparing to other retail business, its the best. salary rates are not fair and competitive.
Excellente milieu de travail, bon encadrement, belle expérience. Que des beau souvenirs
Très belle expérience très formative, des gérants à l'écoute et disponible
La salaire est bon. Le code vestimentaire est toutefois sévère.
It’s alright I guess. Pay is above average but a raise only once every 3150 hours worked. Management gets paid almost nothing. Some of the managers have a chip on their shoulder and feel like the company revolves around them.
Fun people but the management sucks. This job was way more fun than my previous ones and the managers try to please their workers by throwing work parties and hosting raffles
Horrible place to work at, especially working in customer service, not only are you under paid, but u are expected to do a list of things that the managers are supposed to be doing. As a Manager how are you going to throw in two people that are training to work by them selves with no supervision or help? You can’t even ask for help or ask questions without them making you feel bad about it . All to say horrible place to work at , and would definitely not recommend
I did not agree that when I need to closed supposed your shift is until 9;30, but they let you go home 15 minutes before and they don’t pay those 15 minutes. One day is not bad but if you need to close the whole week I did not get pay for 1 hr 15 min. if you put those hours twice a month and you need to buy bus pass it’s difficult to leave with $ 15.00 dls per hour
The new management team don't care for employees' life at all. At the beginning of opening the store, it was a nice place to work at; but not any more... It is sad to see how the new management are destroying the work culture at Simons...
As long as you show up on time and keep your designated area clean management would be happy with your work. Customers are nice and rarely get very busy except for the holidays.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Often boring