Simon Fraser University

Simon Fraser University Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC28 reviews
the economics department is a great employer and full of faculty and staff members who want students to succeed. I received all the support I needed and was always encouraged to grow as a researcher
Very happy to be educated here. Worked on the school project is a nice process.

But I have to remind you some people as a student here are not easy to work with
The atmosphere is great. Fellow employees are great. Totally love this job. Go to work and enjoy every minute of it. Lots of diversity, many different functions. Room to grow.
I learned how to communicate well with collegues and children. The most enjoyable part of the job are to develop the skills of classroom management, organization and leadership.
Great environemnt, good people. Not much alternative in the area unfortunately. Flexible, set your own schedule, take care and see to your own responsibilities. Don't abuse lack of supervision.
I am thankful that they are flexible and very accommodating. The times I have attended numerous meetings. The staff of the University were extremely helpful in guiding me to the right room.
Pros
very inclusive of marginalized populations
Cons
really don't have any
Volunteer for a Grad student on a product, it was a great learning for myself and the students. LOVED it. a great way to explore what they want to do..
If you love reading academic texts and writing up long, advanced arguments about the state of your field of study then academia is for you. Your success is exactly what you put in and is definitely not for the lazy or faint of heart.
Pros
Fairly flexible and free working hours
Cons
Stress, writer's block, arguments and disagreements with peers common
Simon Fraser University allows its student to keep working and learning about their careers as they study through a work-study program. I have been working through this program since I started university at SFU.
warm and friendly people
payscale can be bit better, and also the transportation costs could be given by the school as every day i had to travel long distance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Simon Fraser University?
Loved the team I worked with, I am now retired and do still visit and keep in touch with the office staff I worked with.
We are all able to help each other and the part I loved most was dealing with the students and the public.
Pros
morning meetings
Cons
snow days
For the short time I have been there, staff has been supportive and the students have been highly engaged. This is all good. The pay is considerably below the value I provide, though.
a typical day at work includes greeting and ushering patrons to their seats. there was good management, very helpful. the hardest part of the job is not having enough work shifts. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning about different cultures
Nice learning Environment
Knowledgeable supervisors

Valuable feedbacks

Friendly colleges

My team focused on fixed income products

Analysis company from different aspects
This position was by far and away my favorite. In this job I got to do all the fun networking I thought I would never work with again. Fiber hubs, amps, ONTs, headends the whole 9 yards I can't say enough good things about this job.
Pros
everything
Cons
Fun and friendly atmosphere. The opportunity exposed me to learn the various aspects of investment management. A great mix of theory and practical aspects of working in a investment fund.
-two different projects;
- working with seniors;

-teaching them technology;

-assessing their social improvement;

-working in teams with other fantastic co-workers;

- the most enjoyable part were working with lovely seniors and teamwork
Pros
Fun and academic
Cons
Temporary job
To let you all know beforehand, it was an honor to graduate from such a gorgeous university. It had its ups and downs but overall SFU is a place to that anyone wants to be a part of.
SFU is an excellent place to work - great support for self development and a good work-life balance in almost every department
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
I was a TA, which meant putting together tutorials and marking.

It was an excellent job that let me use my facilitation skills. I had a great instructor and really developed my skills.
Maintain and build relationships with Community Partner Agencies, in order to facilitate community outreach at events to ensure that the community is informed about the study
Build relationships with civic, business, faith, community, clubs and other organizations or individuals that will help in raising awareness about the study

Present information sessions about the study so that those interested can contact the researchers for participation