Simcoe Parts Service Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work, Steady hours, Caring coworkers, Great Management
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON5 November 2018
I have worked at SPS for over a year now and would never leave.

The management and staff are very friendly and make you feel comfortable and apart of the team. They make sure you know what you are doing. I have learned a lot and feel this an excellent place to work. Extensive training on Forklift & Tow buggy. This company is HUGE on health & Safety and provides a amazing training program. Monthly attendance bonus, work boots and paid uniforms. I never have to figure out what to wear to work. HR is very attentive and is always there to answer any questions or concerns I have. I have enjoyed participating in various community social functions with my peers. SPS puts on a great children's Christmas party for all the kids and also an adult Christmas party which I am looking forward to attending again this year. A lot of room for growth for the associates who work hard and want advancement. The hardest part of the job for me was getting used to working a rotation however I did get use to it very quickly and found it to be beneficial to my family also. I could work afternoons and be up in the morning to get errands and appointments dealt with, without having to miss time from work. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and getting to know and learn off the people I work with.
Pros
Company paid lunches, Attendance Bonus, Fair wages, Clean environment, Safety, Great people
Cons
Rotation until you get used to it, Salary could increase more often, Benefits after 1 year
There are alot of good people here but we all have the same feeling
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON1 November 2018
I worked there for a year and the supervisor is a terrible person to have to deal with, he's not there to help only to belittle people are trying to get the work done. Whenever there was a problem with the product sequencing he quickly blamed others, it is by far one of the worst places to ever work. I strongly recommend that nobody work there, unless you want to be treated like dirt
Pros
I don't see any
Cons
Poor management, people who don't care
Current employee
Production associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON1 November 2018
People on forklifts using their phones
People pretending to joust while driving equipment
Afraid some days as one individual smells like alcohol on occassion and operates machinry
If you don't fit into the clique you are an outcast
The language that comes out of a few females is disgusting and nothing being done about it
Same individual makes racist comments and nothing is ever done
Disgusting company to work for
Pros
Cons
Saturdays and cap out pay is too little
Poor excuse for company
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 October 2018
No communication between shifts and management. (What needs to be done) management is constantly breaking labour laws. Don't bother complaining to HR or you will lose your job. Was asked to do something that was going to put me and my fellow co worker at risk of getting hurt. I refused to do the job under the right to refuse work. HR suspended me for a week and then terminated me when I returned to work following week. Have complained to the ministry of labour and also have a pending lawsuit for wrongful dismissal.
Pros
Paid uniform, Forklift certification and tow buggy
Cons
Read above
come to work, work, go home
pss (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 September 2018
you come to work and be a team player and thats your day! learn to smile in there because it can go a long way especially when your days in there can get long!
Do not apply
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 September 2018
Low pay morale is down no opportunity for getting ahead mandatory overtime the only good thing about this place are the people you work with look somewhere else it's just a paycheck here
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Low pay no room for advancement
Disgusting
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 August 2018
They treat associates poorly and are abusive when not warranted. They lack respect for those who do there job without fuss and they violate the Employment standards act all the time for safety and rights
Absolute garbage
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON26 June 2018
Garbage management, lies, never enough manpower, good workers are disrespected on while not good workers get off easy, girl favoritism, not equal work for equal pay, worse ergonomics ever seen, mandatory 9 hour afternoon shifts and Saturdays, no raises once at top rate that's where you stay.
Fast paced, rotating shifts
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 June 2018
Most likely start at the returns department.
It's physically demanding, some of the forklift drivers drive aggressively.
Management looks the other way until a major accident happens.
Pros
Clean indoor environment
Cons
Rotating shifts, 10 min. coffee breaks
Teamwork in transportation
Driver (Current Employee) –  Angus, ON1 May 2018
Team effort to move the amount of trailers required daily, great people to work with. Close to home and no overnights. All stats are paid off to spend with family. A company that if wanted you can earn over 50,000 a year with some overtime and bonus.New equipment every five years.
Pros
Two weeks shut down, One week in july and one week in december
Cons
Pay for benefits that are getting less.

Want to know more about Simcoe Parts Service Inc.?

Ask a question
Good team building environment
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON1 May 2018
SPS is a good place to work it's honest hard work on some days. Management is alright. Just follow op-standards and it all works out. The hardest part of the job is swing shift 2 weeks Days and 2 Weeks Afternoons. The people you work with are very good at their job and help you when you need it.
Pros
The only Transportation job that pays overtime after 8 hours and after 40 Hours
Cons
You pay for part of your benefit package
horrible
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 March 2018
one of the worst places i have ever worked at and they dont treat any of there employs fairly they dont report injurys in fact had my lips ripped from tape by trying to rip the tape and my section leader procceed to laugh about it
Pros
non
Cons
non
overall opinion
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 March 2018
The area I worked in there was nothing hard about it. There are very few management there that are good, but over all management and the way they go about stuff sucks.
Pros
good rates, and lots of overtime if you want that
Cons
Shift work
Joke of a company
slave (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 January 2018
They have a huge turn around because they don't let you work at what you are best at they keep rotating you also there 2 weeks day and 2 weeks nights 430pm till 2am they call it afternoon but it's nights lmao very unprofessional
Pros
Cons
every thing
Worst managed company in the Simcoe region
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 January 2018
A typical day at work is walking in finding a mess the last shift left and a bunch a of nasty notes in different areas explaining how they were short staffed and how its really our fault from previous shifts for leaving a mess. Very repetitive and lost of heavy lifting. Equipment has worn out batteries and die while a load in 20ft in the air because management keeps blaming floor employees aren't charging them correctly so in the whole political battle equipment doesn't get fixed.
The work place culture is horrible, management has brought the entire companie's morale to an all time low.. If you have any issues, and try to get help of HR thats another dead end, HR right away tries to tell you that its your fault. HR will never solve in issue without bringing your morale down even more and then write you up and think they solved a problem. HR will always LIE!.
Most enjoyable part of the job is our 20min lunch breaks.
Pros
hot cafeteria
Cons
HR department, Business unit manager civic plant, Honda support staff
Company lies, management lies
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 December 2017
I worked here for around 11 months , work is repetitve as expected but management is Hands down the worst I have ever seen, they have single handedly destroyed the morale of all the floor workers. HR is in bed with management there is no privacy or support from there end. As much as the company pretends to emphasize safety, it's all lie just a play for labor board, the moment we fall behind on the floor the supervisors and office managers lose it and safety goes out the door. Total high school environment and you have to work 8 years before hitting top rate of 18$ an hour totally worthless
Pros
Cons
HR and Management
Worst place to work / no support
RCC (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON10 December 2017
I worked here for about 6 months out of desperation of finding work, i wont even think twice next time before i refer anyone to this company, the work was difficult and repetitive, section leaders were pushed around by management so all there frustrations were taken out on us floor employees. Training is horrible and supervisors and management stand there on there phones and point and tell you that you are slow. HR is a whole new story as they dont care about your safety or issues on the floor, they like to pretend to care and simply tell you to learn to work with your supervisor. Safety standards are useless because they dont care. Management manipulates and lies to labour board complaints
Pros
Cons
Management, Bum, Hr, ceo
very poor managed company from the top down
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 November 2017
the pay progression is over 10 years to get to top rate. the benefits you have to pay for yourself. bonuses they find ways to take away from you. the longer your there the worse you get treated. very high turn over rate and once you work there you will see why. as long as management keeps thinking and doing the same old things their use to nothing will ever get better. company is sinking with no life line in sight.
Pros
very little
Cons
too many
Stay away from this company - dont waste your life
Forklift Operator PSS (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 November 2017
a typical day at work would involve management sitting in the office pretending to care about how the floor runs. and when something goes wrong its not management but its the labours fault that works hard all day to help meet the company's goal.

i learned to not ever work with this company and i take it as my civic duty to tell all future people who need a career to stay away. This company will manipulate you.

Management/HR , Where do i start, hands down the worst management and HR ever. Management cares more about parts running to Honda then about the safety on the floor. God forbid you get hurt on the floor and they will make sure the nurses tell you that your ok. HR is in bed with management they will never support the floor employees , they smile and pretend like they do but they will slap you with a write up because you tripped over a bin that management advised to unsafely keep.

Worst company morale i have ever seen. People actually hate working here but force them selves because they have families to feed. SPS = Stupid people stay

hardest part of the job is dealing with your 2 faced lying section leaders and BUM and management.

Enjoyable part of the job was our 30min lunch which is actually 23-25mins because walking from one end of the plant to the other takes forever.
Pros
Cons
- Management, - Hr, - honda support staff
High turnaround, poorly managed.
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 November 2017
I worked there many years ago so I write this review a little out dated but judging by the current reviews, it seems nothing has changed. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with however the team leaders were the absolute worst. Very unsupported, very cruel to anyone new coming in. A very toxic environment filled with lifers who don't have the drive to do anything else or newer people who come and go so fast by the time you train them in their job their either flushed out or quit.
Pros
Good blue collar people to work with
Cons
Poorly managed, toxic environment from supervisors and team leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simcoe Parts Service Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8