Simcoe Parts Service Inc. Employee Reviews

Not a place to work at
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Alliston6 March 2019
No benefits given after probation.
Did not raise salary as per contract.
Layoffs and turnover of of employees every day.
No proper management.
Company has no idea what to expect from which employee.
No professionalism.
Pros
Cons
Job security, work culture.
Service Tech
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON30 January 2019
Worked as a Head Receiver at SPS (Simcoe Parts Service)
Please see resume for skills and my experience at this company.
Really enjoyed working there , great company and friendly employees !
Lowest paid drivers in the GTA
AZ SHUNT TRUCK OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 November 2018
Honda is very high demand and SPS does not have the manpower to fill all the driver positions. Drivers are expected to do the work of -2-3 people for the lowest pay in the Toronto area (at the time of writing this). Management team is fully aware of this but can only reply with “it’s just not in the budget”. New hires don’t stay and veterans of 14 years or more often leave. Leadership from management is also non existent. Why do I work here? Because I was fed a bunch of BS to get me in the driver seat. Also, don’t expect any benefits for the first year of employment and after that first year, they are no good anyway.
Pros
Regular schedules, overtime after 8 hours per day.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, no communication, extremely demanding and overworked
Poor Management
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 November 2018
I worked for this company and the management are not exactly on your side at times. The pay is ok, but the 2 weeks morning, then 2 weeks afternoons, can get to you.
Fair, Secure, hard work
Associate (Current Employee) –  alliston, ontario13 November 2018
The work in production is not a walk in the park, you have to work physically hard at times, and fast passed there is lots of room for advancement. There are also times where it is slow and you get some small additional breaks.
If your attendance is bad and you don't like to work you will not succeed with the company.
Show up for work, follow the policies, and work towards advancement.
Pay can always be improved, along with a few other things. All in all not a bad place to work.
Pros
cafe onsite, boot allowance, free jacket, job security
Cons
pay, turnover, hours(shifts)
Great place to work, Steady hours, Caring coworkers, Great Management
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON5 November 2018
I have worked at SPS for over a year now and would never leave.

The management and staff are very friendly and make you feel comfortable and apart of the team. They make sure you know what you are doing. I have learned a lot and feel this an excellent place to work. Extensive training on Forklift & Tow buggy. This company is HUGE on health & Safety and provides a amazing training program. Monthly attendance bonus, work boots and paid uniforms. I never have to figure out what to wear to work. HR is very attentive and is always there to answer any questions or concerns I have. I have enjoyed participating in various community social functions with my peers. SPS puts on a great children's Christmas party for all the kids and also an adult Christmas party which I am looking forward to attending again this year. A lot of room for growth for the associates who work hard and want advancement. The hardest part of the job for me was getting used to working a rotation however I did get use to it very quickly and found it to be beneficial to my family also. I could work afternoons and be up in the morning to get errands and appointments dealt with, without having to miss time from work. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and getting to know and learn off the people I work with.
Pros
Company paid lunches, Attendance Bonus, Fair wages, Clean environment, Safety, Great people
Cons
Rotation until you get used to it, Salary could increase more often, Benefits after 1 year
There are alot of good people here but we all have the same feeling
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON1 November 2018
I worked there for a year and the supervisor is a terrible person to have to deal with, he's not there to help only to belittle people are trying to get the work done. Whenever there was a problem with the product sequencing he quickly blamed others, it is by far one of the worst places to ever work. I strongly recommend that nobody work there, unless you want to be treated like dirt
Pros
I don't see any
Cons
Poor management, people who don't care
Current employee
Production associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON1 November 2018
People on forklifts using their phones
People pretending to joust while driving equipment
Afraid some days as one individual smells like alcohol on occassion and operates machinry
If you don't fit into the clique you are an outcast
The language that comes out of a few females is disgusting and nothing being done about it
Same individual makes racist comments and nothing is ever done
Disgusting company to work for
Pros
Cons
Saturdays and cap out pay is too little
Poor excuse for company
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 October 2018
No communication between shifts and management. (What needs to be done) management is constantly breaking labour laws. Don't bother complaining to HR or you will lose your job. Was asked to do something that was going to put me and my fellow co worker at risk of getting hurt. I refused to do the job under the right to refuse work. HR suspended me for a week and then terminated me when I returned to work following week. Have complained to the ministry of labour and also have a pending lawsuit for wrongful dismissal.
Pros
Paid uniform, Forklift certification and tow buggy
Cons
Read above
come to work, work, go home
pss (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 September 2018
you come to work and be a team player and thats your day! learn to smile in there because it can go a long way especially when your days in there can get long!
Do not apply
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 September 2018
Low pay morale is down no opportunity for getting ahead mandatory overtime the only good thing about this place are the people you work with look somewhere else it's just a paycheck here
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Low pay no room for advancement
Disgusting
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 August 2018
They treat associates poorly and are abusive when not warranted. They lack respect for those who do there job without fuss and they violate the Employment standards act all the time for safety and rights
Poor management.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 August 2018
This job allows you to float between departments. The management is not the best, as they favor certain employees. The shifts are 2 weeks mornings and then 2 weeks afternoons.
Absolute garbage
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON26 June 2018
Garbage management, lies, never enough manpower, good workers are disrespected on while not good workers get off easy, girl favoritism, not equal work for equal pay, worse ergonomics ever seen, mandatory 9 hour afternoon shifts and Saturdays, no raises once at top rate that's where you stay.
Fast paced, rotating shifts
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 June 2018
Most likely start at the returns department.
It's physically demanding, some of the forklift drivers drive aggressively.
Management looks the other way until a major accident happens.
Pros
Clean indoor environment
Cons
Rotating shifts, 10 min. coffee breaks
Teamwork in transportation
Driver (Current Employee) –  Angus, ON1 May 2018
Team effort to move the amount of trailers required daily, great people to work with. Close to home and no overnights. All stats are paid off to spend with family. A company that if wanted you can earn over 50,000 a year with some overtime and bonus.New equipment every five years.
Pros
Two weeks shut down, One week in july and one week in december
Cons
Pay for benefits that are getting less.
Good team building environment
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON1 May 2018
SPS is a good place to work it's honest hard work on some days. Management is alright. Just follow op-standards and it all works out. The hardest part of the job is swing shift 2 weeks Days and 2 Weeks Afternoons. The people you work with are very good at their job and help you when you need it.
Pros
The only Transportation job that pays overtime after 8 hours and after 40 Hours
Cons
You pay for part of your benefit package
horrible
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 March 2018
one of the worst places i have ever worked at and they dont treat any of there employs fairly they dont report injurys in fact had my lips ripped from tape by trying to rip the tape and my section leader procceed to laugh about it
Pros
non
Cons
non
overall opinion
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 March 2018
The area I worked in there was nothing hard about it. There are very few management there that are good, but over all management and the way they go about stuff sucks.
Pros
good rates, and lots of overtime if you want that
Cons
Shift work
Joke of a company
slave (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 January 2018
They have a huge turn around because they don't let you work at what you are best at they keep rotating you also there 2 weeks day and 2 weeks nights 430pm till 2am they call it afternoon but it's nights lmao very unprofessional
Pros
Cons
every thing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simcoe Parts Service Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8