Simcoe Parts Service Inc.

Simcoe Parts Service Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada112 reviews
Don't care about their employees
Sent home without pay, forcing everyone to collect EI, while management still collect pay. Don't care about their employees safety and health. Only closed the plant down because the demand of cars is down, not because we can't stay 6 feet apart like the government wants apart while we build or delivering parts for Honda.
Pros
Weekly pay cheques
Cons
Under paid. Only get 0.10 raise a year
Decent Place To Work
Enjoyed it there. The pay is a little low for the Shunt Truck Driver position I was in. The hours are good, but the extra hours shifts and weekend work was nonsense. Benefits are nice, but take forever to get, 12 months.
Pros
Busy production schedule
Cons
Pay and benefits are weak
Production assistant
If I could give them a zero star I would.
This place is pathetic. The company turn over rate is ridiculous

They don’t care about you at all! your just a number to management and They stick you on a job doing the same thing for 8 hours a day everyday because they are to lazy to train you on anything else.
Good job bad money
Unless u work lots of overtime u tAke home meaisly 500 week shift money
Most staff are more focused on office relationships including management to staff a lot of couples seem to form out of here , shift rotate 2 weeks days then 2 weeks afternoons , 5 days of training before you go to onsite warehouse at Honda job is delivering parts to make crv in plant 2 or Honda Civic in plant 1 sps has three Bildungsroman and now 2 onsite disruption centwra
Awful
Don’t do it. They’ll hire anyone because their turnover is awful. Management is incompetent and employees plain stupid. In training they will tell you safety is number 1 but you’ll quickly learn that is not at all true. So many injuries and the company could care less
It sucked
It's highschool drama in an adult workplace which is honestly really sad seeing as everyone has their own "cliques" and it's a very racist workplace and it really tests your mental health, it'd all about production they let another colleague at the time almost pass out on the floor because he was sick. He was stuck on the floor for 45 mins if not longer and even than it was another associate not a supervisor
Very poor overall leadership
Upper management doesn't care for their workers
Very poor moral Very negative place to work

I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with

Management goes out of their way to make you feel small and unappreciated
Dump
Nobody ever makes it to 3 months, you get let go for not meeting your probationary period requirements. That way they don't have to give out benefits and keep wages down. Your just a number.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Simcoe Parts Service Inc.?
Mentality is all wrong
Core mentality is negative. Upper management deflects all responsibility back onto associates. Without proper training, new associates dont stand a chance. New associates may become disgruntled right off start due to upper management unwilliness to find proper manpower solution. Seasoned associates work system well against management. Upper management says transparency, very little
Horrible company/management is a joke
Worst place to work
Management cares only about themselves

Huge safety issues

People get hurt and management covers it up

Only good thing is some really great people work there

This place is a joke, it’s a wonder they have been in business as long as they have

98% turnover rate
Awful
Was getting harassed and nothing was getting done about the issue so I resigned. Management doesn’t care at all, and if anything they’re rude and disrespectful would never work for this company again.
Good in between jobs job.
It used to be a great place to work. Over the years, I've seen the company go down hill in many ways. Not all bad, but the bad out weighs the good when it comes to management and the company in general.
Stay away, run!!!
As you can see most other reviews on here are negative. This place is absolute torture, I almost got killed a solid 7 different times and management is a joke. Hard labor with no regards to health or safety, you get a 10 minute coffee break then its back to work work work work! You feel like a slave working for nothing going nowhere. Don't recommend, worst experience of my life. 0/10
Run for the hills. This place is terrible.
It’s hard to say what the worst thing about this place is. It’s all awful to be honest.
Do you enjoy being treated like garbage?

Do you enjoy being overworked and underpaid?

Do your enjoy putting the safety of yourself and others at risk?

Do you enjoy a medical/dental benefit plan that charges you more than your coverage? And waiting 12 months before you’re eligible for this rip off scheme...

Do you enjoy lazy and incompetent management and HR?

The answer to those and all other questions is No, No you don’t want to work here. You’re better off literally anywhere else. Run and Hide! As fast and as far as you can.
Pros
None.
Cons
Not a career, just a job
Don’t think you can have a career here. Its just a job for a couple of months to rack up money. Until you possibly get injured which very common in there. Definitely not safe, they act like safety is important but they only want production done quickly.
Good if you are doing office work or on equipment
I would not suggest this job if you end up doing walking/standing jobs all day that's not on equipment due to constant standing and walking on concrete, which is very bad for your body and the older employees tend to be worse for wear.
If you are doing office or equipment work and show up on time and have half a brain, you can progress into leadership rolls and have an enjoyable work experience. I am sad to go, but i would say I enjoyed my stay here overall.

I would also stay away from people who complain non-stop, they tend to be upset with themselves and view this job as a step down and like to bring others down to feel miserable too. I'm not saying this job is amazing in anyway, but you can make any situation better if you change your attitude. I learned that a year in and there are a lot of people there who can make this job fun and entertaining. The thing I will miss most is all the friends I made there.
sps
it is an ok place to work but leadership lack communication skills and team leaders have there favorites which can cause friction between employees with some people working harder than others and people playing on phones which should not be on the work floor
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
too many to list
Terrable place to work
I worked there for several years. Everyone hates everyone. Your always rushed no cares if parts fall they through them back in and move on. Managment or nothing but a joke. The staff are not cared about. This is why the staff turn over is so high.
The worst place I've ever worked.
The management here are the worst. I was not at the company for very long and felt totally uncomfortable. All management sits in the same room right from administration to the president. Everyone working in the office are jerks and very unprofessional. They make you feel like you can't do anything right. And they have their own little clique going on so be very weary of all of them. And then when I stopped working there I was not allowed to be talking to anybody
Awful
Was there for a very short time. First day on the job was so unwelcoming the on floor trainer Told me that safety precautions aren’t followed, and she wouldn’t be surprised if I got taken out by a fork lift.. filled out 2 incident reports within 3 days was getting harassed by a fellow associate. Felt unsafe to return.
SPS ( Stupid People Stay)
Stay far away from this place

I mean unless you love to be harrassed by management everyday?

Work in the most hostile work enviroment I've ever experienced

O ya if u get killed by a forklift most they'll do Is put a pylon around you and force ur co workers to work around you

Ya stay away from this place its not worth the stress
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
The stress here will take 30 years off your life
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simcoe Parts Service Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5