SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2019
The company strongly supports work/life balance and a healthy and safe work environment. My typical day is filled with varied tasks, great interactions with co-workers and with guests. The company is always giving us development opportunities and engaging activities like BBQs or games. I truly love working with the people I see everyday.
Awful place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
Radisson Edmonton South is very poorly ran. The food and beverage director is nothing short of a high school mean girl. It makes working for her unbearable. There is no management working underneath her anymore because of the way she runs that department. People would rather be jobless than work there. The only pro about the Radisson south is the staff are pretty incredible and even without any type of management or proper training they pull through for customers.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
lack of management, no communication between director and staff, bullies
Good Company to work for
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 September 2016
Good energetic company to work for.
Management thoughtful and proactive.
Willing to pay for career related educational events.
Great place to start a career and learn about the hotel industry
Saskatchewan Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 May 2016
Friendly company customer focused with many long term employees. Good place for those starting out to learn. Managed by the first real estate reit in Canada from BC. If you love working with people and being in a fast paced changing environment, this is a good place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, weekends and no overtime paid. No pension/rrsp matching
Low salaries-un professional management
Laundry man (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 December 2015
Extremely un professional management team at this location. They drink and go crazy in the hotel lounge. There is a union and hotel management often breaks the union rights!
Management Is Horrible at this Location
food & beverage (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2015
Employee's not being trained properly. No accountability for management. No one to speak to about issues with management. Only 1 female executive while I worked there. No chances for female advancement. Old Boys Club mentality. Management had no appreciation for front line workers and the issues they had to deal with. Wages certainly didn't live up to the amount of demand put on employee's.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Left & Then Returned Back! Love this place.
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 October 2015
I started off at this company in 2011 as my work term for my college program, and was greeted by the friendliest staff I have ever worked with. Upon completion of my work term I was hired on for the summer.
Unfortunately I had to return to my home town to finish my Diploma, however ended up back in 2013.

I took on a higher job title upon my return, and have enjoyed every minute of it. My staff has been the greatest, and while I get to teach them, they also teach me.

Lots of support from the Management team, they want to see you grow into something spectacular. I would never hesitate to refer someone to work for this company.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner
department leaders
chef de partie (Former Employee) –  edmonton, alberta13 August 2015
the management team at this hotel are terrible, they don't appreciate the hard work of employees, no place for advancement, there is always people who are favorites and treated differently,
People
Director (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB13 February 2015
The most enjoyable part of my work life at SilverBirch was working with great people at the hotel and with the construction teams.
Pros
Fringe benefits were good
Cons
Long Hours on call 24/7
Typical Day at Work
Corporate Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge Alberta26 January 2015
In a typically days work I prospect new business as well as follow up and maintain current business.
Illegal
Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2014
Silverbirch was enjoyable for me because of my co-workers but management is a mess. A union needs to be in this company to show employees their rights, constantly missing hours from pay, they deduct from your pay if a guest has do not disturb. Overtime hours aren't paid. Very poor people skills, unable to go to your superior for guidance. They fired me because I began to speak up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Reviews by Location