Silver Icing

Silver Icing Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Its a warehouse full of women with a strong sense of sisterhood and compassion. The warehouse team is very friendly and ready to help each other.
The hardest part of the job is the repetitive work which can be draining but the best part will be the cooworkers and the professional playfulness we can have with each other.
The ladies in the warehouse are very hard working and help each other and are supportive of one another. It’s a demanding job.You can’t work fast enough or hard enough for the management. Upper management doesn’t seem to value the employees and is very disrespectful. There are conflicts of interest within the staffing/management. Pay is really low. HUGE turnover in staff. There is no sense of job security and very little room to move up in the company. The warehouse is clean and has a nice staff kitchen. They bring in snacks but that doesn’t make up for the low pay and overly high expectations. Owner doesn’t smile, say hi or introduce herself. I would NOT recommend working there at all! It is not A Respectful workplace.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, lacking in training, unprofessional management
Such a dynamic and exciting company to work for! This is a group of elevated professionals. Silver Icing Leadership has vision and ability and resources to pivot to meet the needs of its customers, support the team, and solve challenges while still holding to core values and maintaining strategic direction.
I have been working at SI for a few years, there have been lots of changes within the company as we grow but there hasn’t been a day where I didn’t wanna go to work. I love my job, I also love the pretty clothes and accessories we are surrounded by and the great co-workers, it feels like a family.
It is a nice place to work if you need a flexible schedule to work around your other work or things in your life. Also, Nice and helpful people work here.
Working at Silver Icing is like being welcomed into a new family. Everyone is very supportive, positive and truly cares about you as a person. On top of having great people, we also work very hard and strive to be the best we can be! Since we launch something new every day, there is no shortage of new things to learn and do on a day-to-day! There is a bit of an entrepreneurial type of work environment that will allow you to be creative, think outside the box and brainstorm with like-minded people. I truly enjoy being able to come to work everyday!
Joining the company and watching it grow so quickly over such a short span of time, with a team of such dedicated people has truly been inspiring. Even with growing pains, everyone is committed and chips in to help wherever needed, whenever needed. I always feel that there is such a great buzz of energy among the team, and want to bring my best every morning I walk through the doors.
At Silver Icing, we have an awesome work environment and some nice perks. As a fast paced environment, I'm constantly learning and being challenged. Everyone is always ready to help and contribute however they can.
I truly love my job. In my experience it is not often you find a place where you are truly happy to go to on a daily basis. The team at Silver Icing are good people, with the desire to do a great job everyday. It's refreshing and exciting to be in an environment where every one believes in the companies goals and are dedicated to achieving them, together.
Working for Silver Icing has honestly been a game changer for both my personal and professional life.

There is no doubt that this is a unique environment, that moves an extremely fast pace which at times can prove to be challenging but also so incredibly rewarding. This company was founded on innovation and that still rings true today - change, growth and opportunity, are constant.

But above all else, the companies core value is what resonates with me the most. The goal is to inspire confidence through fashion. How that translates to each person that come into contact with Silver Icing is an individual experience. From making a new mom feel good about herself again in her 'new' body to giving a renewed sense of purpose to someone looking to embark on a new career path or life journey.

I am thankful to feel excited to come to work everyday and engage with a very talented and diverse group of people.
This is the most rewarding company I've worked for in all my years. It started as this small business from the owner's basement to now a funky warehouse that is exciting to come to work in. It's grown so fast in such a short amount of time, owners and management are continually evolving and striving to improve the systems within the company. It's fast-paced, exciting and there are always new products coming out daily. I'm constantly challenged in my work, which I love because it's helped me grow into my position. There is a lot of opportunity for growth in the company. The owners are generous and take care of their employees. I would highly recommend this company if you love fashion and would love to work in a fun, inspiring and casual atmosphere.
I have been working for Silver Icing for several years. After reading the negative reviews, I felt it important to give a different perspective. Silver Icing was a small company moving through several fast-paced changes in growth over the last 5 years. With growth, comes growing pains. Things were not perfect. From a staff of 10 to now 60 employees, any gaps in operations have been filled and continue to improve. One thing that has come from this growth is the positive, working culture within the company that has thrived to the Team we are today.

Silver Icing is one that empowers women to be their best self. Finding the right team, took time. While going through this sudden growth, not everyone worked out, or was a good match for the job description. Anyone who was let go, was done with regret. What I see today, is a collaborative Team of people working together.
I have had such a great experience with Silver Icing and I would highly recommend this as a place to work. I have actually promoted several job opportunities over the years to my closest friends. Silver Icing is a family run business that was built from the ground up in British Columbia. The business model is dynamic and unique, and truly unlike any other company I have ever worked for. The team here is creative, collaborative and constantly working to exceed their customers needs. As a result, the company has grown rapidly over the last few years. I truly feel so grateful to work for such an inspirational family, company and team.
Dont go there they play favorites if you dont mesh with the crew they let you go. They pay very little and watch for signing papers for payroll. The turn over is unreal
Don’t bother working here, it’s not worth your time unless your related to the CEO like many of the employees are.

No training materials, nobody took the time to even show me how to clock in. Thrown in, regularly praised for a job well done while at the same time told to do more- without direction... huh!?? Some great people working here, interesting concept but the CEO has no idea how to run a business. She’s so busy going to award shows that she doesn’t take the time to communicate with the people working for her.
Working for this company is a joke. Don’t waste your time applying for this company. Your time is more valuable. The company reassures you your apart of the “team.” REALLY, your not.
I have worked at Silver Icing for a long time now and couldn't imagine leaving anytime soon. I have not only found a career I love but gained a second family along the way. We work fast but have nothing but support from upper management and other surrounding staff. There is ample room to grow and move up within the company, which is something that should appeal to everyone! The owners cater to us, always keep a stocked kitchen, offer staff incentives and gifts each month and vocalize their support and recognize how hard we all work on a regular basis. They go above and beyond to keep staff happy and comfortable. You'll see for yourself if you join our amazing team!
Pros
Free breakfasts and snacks, monthly staff incentives and prizes, half off all clothes
Silver Icing is a poorly run and dysfunctional company. The owner has a massive ego and acts in an unprofessional manner. Management sets unrealistic expectations for all departments. There is little to no training provided and if you don't meet their high expectations, or ask too many questions, you will be let go. My advice? Stay away, there's a high turnover rate for a reason.
Save your time. Don't even bother working for this company. People at the office are unfriendly and they're all in a clique. No training and is ready to set you up for failure so they have someone to blame. Owner/ceo has no compassion at all. They hire just to have problems to blame on someone. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Highly Dysfunctional, high turn over rate, unfriendly staff
I do not recommend working for this company. Cliquey staff, poor training, negative environment, you will not feel part of any sort of team. The boss/owner is very unfriendly! And if you’re not part of the “cool” clique you will be blamed for all problems that occur. There are so many better jobs out there, save your time !
management style is that of "do as i say not as i do "
Warehouse is poorly managed. Upstairs manager is not approachable and is only around to tell off employees.

You have to figure things out yourself no training. Lots of unsafe practices, you get flack for not doing it the quicker way.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment
Official response from Silver Icing
6 March 2020
We appreciate your feedback, and want to learn more about your experience at Silver Icing. We strive to be a supportive, safe and community culture. Our team as a whole seeks to provide excellent customer experience, and we value our team members. If you would like to provide further feedback on your experience with Silver Icing, please reach out to Tonia Lenk, Operations Manager.