Silver Hills Bakery

Silver Hills Bakery Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews

placegoodgreatworkenvironmentmanagementlothard

Team based and welcoming

Great place to work if you want company culture, support, teamwork, and fair pay. The customer service / BDT team is the best team I’ve been a part of this far. I learnt a lot in this position and feel more confident in my ability as a CSR.

Typical factory issues

Management really needs to listen to workers especially when they ask specifically how they can fix things.Bullying is also a huge thing toward some new people.

Insights into Silver Hills Bakery

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

fast pace, sometimes chaotic

-Fast pace environment with changing priorities from management - need to be adaptive to changes and be solution-oriented - High turnover - not much onboard training available since everyone's hands are full. New hires need to be able to hit the ground running- Amazing and helpful colleague -Communications among departments are poor - competing priorities between departments rather than being collaborative. This makes the whole organization very disorganized.

Pros

good salary and benefit package

Cons

disorganized and chaotic, little process in place

Work Environment

Working at Silver Hills Bakery has been amazing, the staff and managers are friendly and accommodating, and the company puts in a lot of effort to appreciate the staff. I would definitely recommend Silver Hills as a great place to work.

Pros

Staff appreciation lunches, amazing benefits, health and fitness benefits, good pay

Fun Place to work

It is owned by a family, so you really get that family feel. Great place to work, everyone is very nice. The most competitive salary I have ever received at a company, with a great benefit package. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

competitive salary, free bread, great benefit package, bonuses

Teamwork

I’m very happy to work at Silverhills bakery.Just i wanna morning shift instead evening shift. All people working as a family.I think everyone enjoy their work together.7 year work there but no promotion.That’s why I’m looking something better!

Fun growing company with friendly and welcoming atmosphere

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here so far and plan to continue to grow with the company! The ownership are welcoming and present in the company, and my team is collaborative and hard working. At times things can be stressful, but I feel supported and know I am in the right place to grow my career!

Pros

Free Bread Great compensation/benefits Friendly working atmosphere

Cons

the rapid growth can make things stressful but it's better to be growing!

Fast paced growing business.

Great place to work, can seem a bit chaotic with all the growth. No one is perfect and mistakes can be made. The management seems to get that. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow on both sides.

Pros

Saturdays always a day off, free bread, pay is more competitive

Cons

Quick changes on the fly, when short staffed we all have to work harder.

Lazy coworkers and dumb supervisors

Worked in the ovens and as one of the only men in the area you will be doing most of the work. Women get tired easily and don't help the 'team'. Isn't their fault since the Supervisors only care about the speed and not consistency People will leave work for someone else to do. "Not my problem" is the 'teams' motto. If your hardworking the 'team' will take advantage of you by sitting around or talking, while you work. Was there for 2 weeks and knew more than 2 of the supervisors. One was hired just to meet a diversity quota. Other people in the factory could've been promoted who had more experience and knowledge.If you have a compliant about a specific person and bring it to the supervisors, the supervisors will punish the whole factory instead of the individual. You're only part of the team if you know how to speak punjabi. Supervisors make the tasks and problem solving more complicated than they need to be. They will also lie to you, telling you something will happen and then nothing being done about it. Benefit would be, being able to show up 10-30mins late and the supervisors won't care. Good place to work if your lazy and Indian. Bad place to work if you're hardworking. Raises go by time worked and not how hard or smart you work. So if you have a lazy attitude it's a good place to work

Pros

free bread

Cons

Lazy coworkers and dumb supervisors

Worst Career move of my life

This is the worst experience I have had in my entire career. I was lied to, manipulated and dealt with unrealistic volume expectations. Zero guidance, unorganized, poor management, demoralizing treatment and unappreciative. Very stressful. All talk about the culture but the culture is not positive. All my coworkers were unhappy and cried at their desks.

Pros

free bread

Cons

unrealistic work volume expectations

Somewhat chaotic

I worked in the Finance department for a period of time. The environment in Finance is very chaotic. Everyone is over worked and there isn't a lot of time to train new employees that come onboard. I enjoyed getting to know people from other departments; however, I did not enjoy most of my time there. The company is chaotic. Makes rash decisions at a drop of a hat.

Pros

Good salary, benefits, vacation policy, retirement plan, profit share, fresh fruit each week, free bread

Cons

There is no room for mistakes in the finance department. Don't question management ever.

I love this company and I like to do work in future

This company provide a friendly environment to their employees. I gain a lot of good experince from there. I will recommend this company to every one.

Wonderful Coworkers

The coworkers at this job definitely made it as good as it was. Management was kind and helpful with the staff. The other staff members were willing to help you learn and grow. Great environment to learn about different kinds of foods and their benefits, as well as learning about veganism in a way that didn't feel forced or patronizing. Genuinely a great place to work.

Very highly reccomend

Nice work environment with helpful coworkers. Health benefits such as paid gym pass, work boots every year. Profit sharing. Nice place to work comoany has.regulat appreciation meals and suxh. Whixh is nice.

Not a good place to work

I've worked there for 15 years and it used to be a good place to work but as they grew the culture changed the benefits got less and less and they stopped caring about the employees and more about profit

I enjoyed my time working atv the bakery. I'm hoping to get hired on their again soon I hope they'll accept me back.

Excellent place to work. Friendly employees and its a group effort to get the job done. At least in the warehouse It Is. I'm not as sure of the other dept. But they go out of their way for their employees.

I really like to work here

It is the good experience to work here . At my all the staff is very cooperative. I feel very relax during work hours . Our lead hand is very nice she know very well how to treat the staff

Amazing team & company as a whole!

Work hard & play hard - the easiest way to describe how each individual, teams, and the company works. With their recent growth the environment is very busy and fast-pace, but at the end of the day you feel accomplished with the work you have done. Also, the people you work with not only have the same drive, but are great personalities to work alongside. A great company with a family feel more than anything!

Exciting growth-oriented company!

I've worked at Silver Hills for almost 3 years now and the time has gone by in a flash! This was a 'small' family operated business that has gone on a wild growth ride over the past few years and is really changing in front of our eyes. Sometimes it can be frustrating because there are so many things going on all the time and we're not super-good at communicating well, but everyone is well intentioned and is trying to do their best. What I love about this place is that there are plenty of opportunities for people to grow both professionally and personally. There are lots of challenges and problems to be solved and people are generally encouraged to get involved and make contributions.

fast paced

I don't find any job hard some are more physically demanding than others but that is why I usually get hired things were going great until one of the others damaged a forklift and pinned it on me that is why I was let go if the person had taken responsibility I would still be working there

Pros

employee discounts

Cons

backstabbers

Family atmosphere

It is a family kind environment. New challenges every day. strong management. Learned a lot of new things and it is fun to work as a team. open to ideas and listen to our suggestions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Hills Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement