Silver Hills Bakery

Silver Hills Bakery Employee Reviews

I worked in the Finance department for a period of time. The environment in Finance is very chaotic. Everyone is over worked and there isn't a lot of time to train new employees that come onboard. I enjoyed getting to know people from other departments; however, I did not enjoy most of my time there. The company is chaotic. Makes rash decisions at a drop of a hat.
Pros
Good salary, benefits, vacation policy, retirement plan, profit share, fresh fruit each week, free bread
Cons
There is no room for mistakes in the finance department. Don't question management ever.
There are so many indian people, those are working for long time, they are not well-coming at all. The management in gulten free, supervisor are east asin too and there is a-lot of bias-ness around.
This company provide a friendly environment to their employees. I gain a lot of good experince from there. I will recommend this company to every one.
The coworkers at this job definitely made it as good as it was. Management was kind and helpful with the staff. The other staff members were willing to help you learn and grow. Great environment to learn about different kinds of foods and their benefits, as well as learning about veganism in a way that didn't feel forced or patronizing. Genuinely a great place to work.
Nice work environment with helpful coworkers. Health benefits such as paid gym pass, work boots every year. Profit sharing. Nice place to work comoany has.regulat appreciation meals and suxh. Whixh is nice.
I've worked there for 15 years and it used to be a good place to work but as they grew the culture changed the benefits got less and less and they stopped caring about the employees and more about profit
Excellent place to work. Friendly employees and its a group effort to get the job done. At least in the warehouse It Is. I'm not as sure of the other dept. But they go out of their way for their employees.
It is the good experience to work here . At my all the staff is very cooperative. I feel very relax during work hours . Our lead hand is very nice she know very well how to treat the staff
Work hard & play hard - the easiest way to describe how each individual, teams, and the company works. With their recent growth the environment is very busy and fast-pace, but at the end of the day you feel accomplished with the work you have done. Also, the people you work with not only have the same drive, but are great personalities to work alongside. A great company with a family feel more than anything!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Silver Hills Bakery?
I've worked at Silver Hills for almost 3 years now and the time has gone by in a flash! This was a 'small' family operated business that has gone on a wild growth ride over the past few years and is really changing in front of our eyes. Sometimes it can be frustrating because there are so many things going on all the time and we're not super-good at communicating well, but everyone is well intentioned and is trying to do their best. What I love about this place is that there are plenty of opportunities for people to grow both professionally and personally. There are lots of challenges and problems to be solved and people are generally encouraged to get involved and make contributions.
I don't find any job hard some are more physically demanding than others but that is why I usually get hired things were going great until one of the others damaged a forklift and pinned it on me that is why I was let go if the person had taken responsibility I would still be working there
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
backstabbers
It is a family kind environment. New challenges every day. strong management. Learned a lot of new things and it is fun to work as a team. open to ideas and listen to our suggestions
Overall this place is good to work with and the environment of the organization is good. This place has several benefits as well as salary bonus and many more.
Pros
salary benefits
Cons
Ok job but your required to learn things fast on your own trainer gives you a brief 15 min walk through and good luck..when it comes to being paid.after clearing probation.. good luck...
The supervisor in the grain department is super annoying and always rude. The work in the department is really easy but the supervisor would never be happy with your work.
I join this bakery two week ago in production line area. Very hard work taken from women workers. One person do the job of two people. No balance between breakfast and lunch brakes. Iam talking about sprouted side area i dont know about the othr areas. Its really stressful and hard job. I dont like it
A typical day would be coming in at 7:30 am and working for 2 hours before you get a 15 minute break, followed by another 2 hours till lunch, afterwards another 2 hrs till another break and then I would work till shift ends at 4:00 pm. The management people are really nice. The people that you work with are extremely kind. I've learned how to work with people and how to stay on top of schedule in order to make sure things run smoothly.
Such a chill and fun work environment. Everyone ends up being friends, and we all look out for each other and encourage each other in our personal endeavors. Learned a lot about vegan lifestyle and living with non-gmo foods. Hardest part was learning all of the information, but once you had it down, the job was fairly easy.
Pros
friendly work environment, great managers
Cons
learning everything
There is a lot of organization involved, and everybody has a job to do, which leads to the fact that an employee must be able to work well in a group setting. The people there are very nice however the job does have long hours and the work pace is very fast.
Benefits
Cons
Work pace
fun place to work have great co workers and management. Pay is great benefits are great. cant ask for a better place to work
the company is race slanted if your not an east indian you have little chance of advancing in the company . not a very happy or good place to work or grow.
Pros
free bread bagels
Cons
no life work balance . doesnt care about the employees