Silver Hills Bakery

Silver Hills Bakery Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Wonderful Coworkers
The coworkers at this job definitely made it as good as it was. Management was kind and helpful with the staff. The other staff members were willing to help you learn and grow. Great environment to learn about different kinds of foods and their benefits, as well as learning about veganism in a way that didn't feel forced or patronizing. Genuinely a great place to work.
Very highly reccomend
Nice work environment with helpful coworkers. Health benefits such as paid gym pass, work boots every year. Profit sharing. Nice place to work comoany has.regulat appreciation meals and suxh. Whixh is nice.
Not a good place to work
I've worked there for 15 years and it used to be a good place to work but as they grew the culture changed the benefits got less and less and they stopped caring about the employees and more about profit
I enjoyed my time working atv the bakery. I'm hoping to get hired on their again soon I hope they'll accept me back.
Excellent place to work. Friendly employees and its a group effort to get the job done. At least in the warehouse It Is. I'm not as sure of the other dept. But they go out of their way for their employees.
I really like to work here
It is the good experience to work here . At my all the staff is very cooperative. I feel very relax during work hours . Our lead hand is very nice she know very well how to treat the staff
Amazing team & company as a whole!
Work hard & play hard - the easiest way to describe how each individual, teams, and the company works. With their recent growth the environment is very busy and fast-pace, but at the end of the day you feel accomplished with the work you have done. Also, the people you work with not only have the same drive, but are great personalities to work alongside. A great company with a family feel more than anything!
Exciting growth-oriented company!
I've worked at Silver Hills for almost 3 years now and the time has gone by in a flash! This was a 'small' family operated business that has gone on a wild growth ride over the past few years and is really changing in front of our eyes.

Sometimes it can be frustrating because there are so many things going on all the time and we're not super-good at communicating well, but everyone is well intentioned and is trying to do their best.

What I love about this place is that there are plenty of opportunities for people to grow both professionally and personally. There are lots of challenges and problems to be solved and people are generally encouraged to get involved and make contributions.
fast paced
I don't find any job hard some are more physically demanding than others but that is why I usually get hired things were going great until one of the others damaged a forklift and pinned it on me that is why I was let go if the person had taken responsibility I would still be working there
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
backstabbers
Family atmosphere
It is a family kind environment.
New challenges every day. strong management. Learned a lot of new things and it is fun to work as a team. open to ideas and listen to our suggestions
good place to work and interact with others
Overall this place is good to work with and the environment of the organization is good. This place has several benefits as well as salary bonus and many more.
Pros
salary benefits
Ok job but
Ok job but your required to learn things fast on your own trainer gives you a brief 15 min walk through and good luck..when it comes to being paid.after clearing probation.. good luck...
Bad Management
The supervisor in the grain department is super annoying and always rude. The work in the department is really easy but the supervisor would never be happy with your work.
not good place for work
I join this bakery two week ago in production line area. Very hard work taken from women workers. One person do the job of two people. No balance between breakfast and lunch brakes. Iam talking about sprouted side area i dont know about the othr areas. Its really stressful and hard job. I dont like it
Productive and positive work place
A typical day would be coming in at 7:30 am and working for 2 hours before you get a 15 minute break, followed by another 2 hours till lunch, afterwards another 2 hrs till another break and then I would work till shift ends at 4:00 pm. The management people are really nice. The people that you work with are extremely kind. I've learned how to work with people and how to stay on top of schedule in order to make sure things run smoothly.
friendly work environment
Such a chill and fun work environment. Everyone ends up being friends, and we all look out for each other and encourage each other in our personal endeavors. Learned a lot about vegan lifestyle and living with non-gmo foods. Hardest part was learning all of the information, but once you had it down, the job was fairly easy.
Pros
friendly work environment, great managers
Cons
learning everything
Great place
There is a lot of organization involved, and everybody has a job to do, which leads to the fact that an employee must be able to work well in a group setting. The people there are very nice however the job does have long hours and the work pace is very fast.
Benefits
Cons
Work pace
great job
fun place to work have great co workers and management. Pay is great benefits are great.

cant ask for a better place to work
very narrow minded when evaluating the employes/ racally slanted
the company is race slanted if your not an east indian you have little chance of advancing in the company . not a very happy or good place to work or grow.
Pros
free bread bagels
Cons
no life work balance . doesnt care about the employees
Great and Caring workplace
Helped the Baker with grinding.
Cleaning Machines.

Preparing orders for shipping.

I look forward to go to work everyday because at work everyone is like family to me. We all care so much for each other. My co-workers are great and very friendly. The hardest part of my job is that I have to wake up at 3 am and the most enjoyable part is that I get to spend some time with my friends.