Silfab Solar Inc

Silfab Solar Inc Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
1. Good place to learn for new maintenance technicians.
2. Overall salary structure is less compared to other companies.

3. Continental Shifts.

4. Stressful and busy day shifts and relaxed night shifts.

5. Very laid back in regular increments.

6. Unpaid Breaks (Work for 84 Hours and get paid for 77 hours)

7. Overtime after 88 hours.
Pros
Good place to learn for new technicians
Cons
Low salary structure, Continental shifts, Unpaid Breaks, Low overtime
my comment is about the position of buyer/assistant buyer, never never never try this company if you like yourself, purchasing manager is an unpredictable, impolite lady, her culture is the worst and there is no logic behind her thought, she doesn't know her job and always check your job in detail but any fault happened, you are responsible( without any... reason), there is no open communication and supportive culture between employees and the manager because she likes to be boss.
Don't waste your time and life there.
management is never satisfied with the output, productions workers are treated unfairly, short unpaid 20mins break, workers are supposed to be replaced by machines in near future, this company is already installing robots and replacing/laying off personal.
people are good, party was great , ggod place to work, people talk good when you meet for interview, calling HR is good, nice people , good place to work
distance from my home is so far, i spend lots of time for travelling and pay expensive for bus. the hardest part of the job is when to work long hours for night shift.
First impression you will know it's lacking of respect to their own company; it's messy and very unorganized. You will feel unfriendly environment.
Second, they will absorb your knowledge as freebees.
Nothing. Everything bad. Short break. Hard work. Bad environment.
Pros
new comers can get industrial work experience. There are many robotic machines are operated automatically, which is good for new students for get to know handling and troubleshooting the equipment.
Working on a daytime shift from 7:00am till 3:00pm.
Learned the manufacturing process of solar panels.

Seeking a position as Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologist.
Pros
Medical and others.
Cons
Full time
the culture of this is good, everyone i worked with was amazing. only the problem i had is the continental shift and this company is the production house which has very loud machinery
benefits
Cons
continental shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Silfab Solar Inc?
Working here is biggest mistake. No communication between departments. There is no strategy or planning. Machines are in bad shape and if something is broken everyone blames manintenance.
Pros
didn’t find any pro
Cons
No time given for maintenance, everything is done in rush
Every day keeps as overtime they don’t take no for answer. Unorganized company. Afternoon supervisor is rude and don’t care about his workers and will sacrifice others just to save him self.
Got late one time but I informed my supervisor on morning shift. When I arrive my supervisor didn’t work so the afternoon supervisor covered the shift. He’s when he saw me he said your late embarrass me in front of every one and issue me a written warning about absences but he’s telling me I’m late so smart.

Asking to work 10 to 12 hours a day ang gives your 2 breaks still. one 10mins and one 20mins same as 8 hrs.
Pros
Free stress
Cons
In the past couple of days I been acting differently never the same person. I guess I’m multi-persona. It really helps me get my act on whenever I feel like its necessary, but I like everything weather its good or bad. And thats not good because I don’t seem to pay attention to the harm any substance I be using, even though it could be medical. I need to go check in with the doctor to see why I been feeling this way, and why I’ve been hating myself I don’t really but its like whenever one around me is hating I feel the hate myself. I can just feel the LOVE in me my hearts BIG and my brain is small. I need to work on resolving all my problems using my heart. Let my heart be the guide to everything it needs to do. I know it will take a minute for everything to settle in
Pros
Music
Cons
Short Breaks
Hands down the worst place I worked at.
I learned that if you are new here, everyone is your boss, the Lead Hand and the supervisor are some of the rudest people in the world. And,,,and they discriminate based on color. There are no guidelines about work, and no procedure whatsoever. If a the machine you are working on goes down 2 hours into your shift, they can tell you to take your half an hour break, you cant even choose when you wanna take the break.

The hardest part of the job is trying to go home happy. Everyday, the supervisor or Lead Hand will say something to you that will ruin your day.

Nothing enjoyable, really.

And, if on your first training day, the HR head is rude to a bunch of people, just because they are having difficulty filling out a form, instead of being helpful, that tells you all you need to know about the company.
Pros
Didnt see any pro to this job.
Cons
Rude and unappreciative Lead Hand and Supervisors.
The facility was very well kept, and the production team was amazing.

The hours are 12 hour shifts and then it would be 64 hour weeks.

Overtime would only be paid if you went above 64 hours.
- NO RESPECT ; they definitely don't practice what they preach about their company morale
- HORRIBLE TRAINING

- Horrible salary pay - to - responsibility ratio

- No plausible plans for improving processes until something horribly wrong happens and then management becomes chickens running around without heads

- No incentive to maintain 5S, Six Sigma Practices, etc

- No work social enthusiasm

- Hardest part about the job was dealing with the worst management team when product quality was not up to standard even though they already know and understand there are problems with machines they're not willing to fix

- The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the door and quitting after several months
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
not too hard work but too hard management, if you want to work for now, it is ok for you,. if you want work for future. you should think about it. do not waste your time.
I really enjoyed working at Silfab Solar. Everyone in the company starting from employees to the management very friendly and supportive. There are opportunities for career growth and development. The work environment is very busy. Cannot say any cons.
The environment in the company is good. The old workers are extremely good but most of the employees are leaving the company.
Now they are about to start new lines for more work.
Pros
overtime
Cons
pressure
It's not a good place to be work, they don't appreciate employees effort, u can be layoff anytime, it's discrimination company. Some supervisor are reserving good position for their people. When machine get fault or breakdown supervisor will shift the blame on employees. It's wasted time been worked there .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Long hours hard labour
Typical day at work: PM's and waiting for someone to tell you something is broken, if nothing is broken stand somewhere and wait for someone to come grab you.

What I leaned: I expanded on my millwright skills because 80% of the work is millwright work.

Management: Needs a lot of improvement on work orders (none), inventory system (none) and maintenance personnel assignments

Workplace culture: Is fine line operators work really hard and are nice people.

Hardest part of the job: Leaving in the middle of an important job to go to a 9 o'clock and a 12 o'clock meeting to get told to go back to the job you were just doing.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Odd pizza lunches
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
12 hour shifts, no year end/ quarterly bonuses or maintenance perks