Silfab Solar Inc Employee Reviews

Hard working personality
Operation Oprerator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2019
Working on a daytime shift from 7:00am till 3:00pm.
Learned the manufacturing process of solar panels.
Seeking a position as Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologist.
Pros
Medical and others.
Cons
Full time
Lot of work, no appreciation
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2019
Working here is biggest mistake. No communication between departments. There is no strategy or planning. Machines are in bad shape and if something is broken everyone blames manintenance.
Pros
didn’t find any pro
Cons
No time given for maintenance, everything is done in rush
Worst place to work
Machine Operator. All around (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2019
Every day keeps as overtime they don’t take no for answer. Unorganized company. Afternoon supervisor is rude and don’t care about his workers and will sacrifice others just to save him self.
Got late one time but I informed my supervisor on morning shift. When I arrive my supervisor didn’t work so the afternoon supervisor covered the shift. He’s when he saw me he said your late embarrass me in front of every one and issue me a written warning about absences but he’s telling me I’m late so smart.
Asking to work 10 to 12 hours a day ang gives your 2 breaks still. one 10mins and one 20mins same as 8 hrs.
Pros
Free stress
Cons
Got to work with energy saving power
Lifter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2019
In the past couple of days I been acting differently never the same person. I guess I’m multi-persona. It really helps me get my act on whenever I feel like its necessary, but I like everything weather its good or bad. And thats not good because I don’t seem to pay attention to the harm any substance I be using, even though it could be medical. I need to go check in with the doctor to see why I been feeling this way, and why I’ve been hating myself I don’t really but its like whenever one around me is hating I feel the hate myself. I can just feel the LOVE in me my hearts BIG and my brain is small. I need to work on resolving all my problems using my heart. Let my heart be the guide to everything it needs to do. I know it will take a minute for everything to settle in
Pros
Music
Cons
Short Breaks
Avoid this company like a plague!!
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2019
Hands down the worst place I worked at.
I learned that if you are new here, everyone is your boss, the Lead Hand and the supervisor are some of the rudest people in the world. And,,,and they discriminate based on color. There are no guidelines about work, and no procedure whatsoever. If a the machine you are working on goes down 2 hours into your shift, they can tell you to take your half an hour break, you cant even choose when you wanna take the break.
The hardest part of the job is trying to go home happy. Everyday, the supervisor or Lead Hand will say something to you that will ruin your day.
Nothing enjoyable, really.
And, if on your first training day, the HR head is rude to a bunch of people, just because they are having difficulty filling out a form, instead of being helpful, that tells you all you need to know about the company.
Pros
Didnt see any pro to this job.
Cons
Rude and unappreciative Lead Hand and Supervisors.
Productive work enviornment
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2018
The facility was very well kept, and the production team was amazing.

The hours are 12 hour shifts and then it would be 64 hour weeks.
Overtime would only be paid if you went above 64 hours.
Most unstable company ever
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2018
- NO RESPECT ; they definitely don't practice what they preach about their company morale
- HORRIBLE TRAINING
- Horrible salary pay - to - responsibility ratio
- No plausible plans for improving processes until something horribly wrong happens and then management becomes chickens running around without heads
- No incentive to maintain 5S, Six Sigma Practices, etc
- No work social enthusiasm
- Hardest part about the job was dealing with the worst management team when product quality was not up to standard even though they already know and understand there are problems with machines they're not willing to fix
- The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the door and quitting after several months
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
just so so
worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2018
not too hard work but too hard management, if you want to work for now, it is ok for you,. if you want work for future. you should think about it. do not waste your time.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2018
I really enjoyed working at Silfab Solar. Everyone in the company starting from employees to the management very friendly and supportive. There are opportunities for career growth and development. The work environment is very busy. Cannot say any cons.
Fast workers
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2018
The environment in the company is good. The old workers are extremely good but most of the employees are leaving the company.
Now they are about to start new lines for more work.
Pros
overtime
Cons
pressure
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2018
It's not a good place to be work, they don't appreciate employees effort, u can be layoff anytime, it's discrimination company. Some supervisor are reserving good position for their people. When machine get fault or breakdown supervisor will shift the blame on employees. It's wasted time been worked there .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Long hours hard labour
Electrician position or millwright?
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2018
Typical day at work: PM's and waiting for someone to tell you something is broken, if nothing is broken stand somewhere and wait for someone to come grab you.

What I leaned: I expanded on my millwright skills because 80% of the work is millwright work.

Management: Needs a lot of improvement on work orders (none), inventory system (none) and maintenance personnel assignments

Workplace culture: Is fine line operators work really hard and are nice people.

Hardest part of the job: Leaving in the middle of an important job to go to a 9 o'clock and a 12 o'clock meeting to get told to go back to the job you were just doing.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Odd pizza lunches
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
12 hour shifts, no year end/ quarterly bonuses or maintenance perks
good for the hours, but very hard to impress management
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2017
the overall work environment was fine, but there was a very hard friction between management and workforce due to the machines not working on many occasions and workers being told to had bomb heavy loads.
Employee revolving door
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2017
Management pressures workers to work harder and harder. They stress people out with inconsistent work schedules ( 8 hour, 10 hour,12 hour, mandatory overtime 1 day in advance).
No life. All about the company. Management degarades people in front of others. People who get hired soon see the place has a poor work environment due to pushy lead hands and the production manager and end up leaving with a bad experience.
Plenty of better jobs for the same wages so do yourself a favour look elsewhere
Fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 July 2017
Good people and also supervisors are all professional to their work. Safe place to work. Workwise was always under pressure. Machine must have the right materials and packaging. With good quality products.
Productive,friendly environment
Rework Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton on20 March 2017
Work in different places,must be fast learner,great experience,friendly environment,u can have training if want to be a quality control,working in continental shift I could standing in long hours but it's ok because being busy make the time past.
Pros
Breaks paid
Cons
Continental shift
Lay off people easily
operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
Only care about numbers. You can lose your job one day immediately without any notice. If you want to have a fixed job that can support your family, you will need to go other place.
Training ground
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
Didn't pay my 12 hours. No salary rate increase. Supervisor and lead hand discriminate employees. Don't inform employee about the changes in the company like waking up going to work next thing you know your already laid off. Incompetence payroll computation. Deducted $250 because they miscomputed the stat holiday. Deduction before they inform the employee. Management saying false promises like profit sharing to push the employees to work hard. Lead hand always ask to run garbage solar module. Blade every where! So be careful. Got stab in the forearm.
Pros
Nice co workers and schedule
Cons
You get to learn how to manage yourself by speed and accuracy.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
Silfab Solar provide unlimited opportunity to learn manual work and automation you're expected to learn very quickly. Open opportunity for advancement depending on performance. Working with Silfab prepared me to today's demanding workforce.
Management, Health and Safety, Production
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 January 2017
Management should give accommodations and update the pay rate after three months and six months as you said.
I learned the importance of solar panels for us.
Co-workers are working hard for the company.
The hardest part of the job is you work hard, but they keep pushing you.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silfab Solar Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7