Silent-Aire
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Silent-Aire Employee Reviews

Canada74 reviews
The management of this company is atrocious. All of the higher ups were buddies before working here so do anything to advance themselves with zero regard to the actual workers. On floor supervisors and department management constantly bird dog and degrade workers taking almost any chance to belittle others behind their backs. Our jobs are threatened all the time with "there's the door if you don't like it" as nearly a daily saying. It should be the company motto. Good luck advancing in the company unless you are in the bedroom with management or knew them previously.
Unless you are buddies with management you will not get ahead. They tell you they care then fire you for being sick. Of course they dont put that as the reason, but it is.
Pros
Cons
Loser management
Steady, fast paced work environment. Continual improvements and safety focused organization. Lots of overtime opportunities. Positive management and supervisors.
A typical day at work when you have to deal with customers delivering materials and also picking up materials can be redundant, but worth it all for a reason that aim towards sales and manufacturing. I learn how to serve customers very well and also better time management. I used to enjoy my job there because of my customers were awesome.
Good for starter. Easy workmate respectable team. Understandable supervisor. Lot to learn in this job.
Safety is good, from PPE to site and workplace safety is good.
For me working this company its very big help for the needs of my family for the last past 1 year im the only one working for my family still surviving......rather than else where after a few months you get laid off....its only my personal experience working in silent-aire.....
Gong show of a company that is ran by uneducated roid monkeys that have no idea how or what us going on. Other than opening up safety emails and walking around bird digging employees. How about you focus on getting the appropriate materials for the job you goon.
There is always work and they usually allow people to work overtime if they want. The pay is good, the job security is good, but the people SUCK. Pretty toxic environment with huge language barriers which make it tough to perform daily tasks when you don't know what they're asking you to do. Decent amount of days off but good luck having a life with the 6-6 shift on days that you work. You have enough time to cook dinner and shower when you get home and then straight to bed so you can be up at 5:00am the next day.
Definitely a good place to work if you're just starting your career in the trades (RAP Program). The pay is good, and you have a decent amount of days off because of the shift work, but the work days are very long and hard. Language barrier as there are a lot of foreign workers which makes it hard. There are some good people that work there but a lot of very unhappy toxic people.
The only good part of this job was leaving it. My first half year was alright if even that. They force you to switch shifts and we’re constantly trying to catch up. They have people who know nothing about any trade running the show. The ones that do know a little are hacks. Unless you work 6-7 days a week you will not get a raise here. If you like the high school talk behind your back but smile in your face this is definitely the place for you
It taught me an advanced knowledge of manufacturing and strong work ethic, understanding of operations as well with great hands on skills. Unfortunately there isn't room to move into other departments or advance in career positions,
Supervisors were not the best to get along with. Work wasnt bad, but they had a lot of imports and people who dont speak english as a first language which made it difficult at times to do work or get it done in a quick enough and safe manner.
Silent-Aire is committed to developing employees. New training curriculums are being created to enhance skills, safety, communication, and management.
The majority of workers come to Canada and do not understand or speak English, or are they willing to learn and so this is the only job they can get. Seeing that 80 percent of the workers speak Spanish there is no reason to integrate and speak Canadian ( when in Rome, do as the Romans do, learn to speak the language) which makes communication and finding the answer to a very simple important question to help you with your job very difficult. The raises are 50 cents a year if you get one, so so Silent Aire is ideal for anyone for anyone that does not speak English and wants to limit themselves to being in a dead end job.
The pay wasn’t very good but then again I was there with the rap program but aside from the bad pay I did learn a lot there and it was a great experience to further myself as a person
Not a very respectable company to work for management are very ignorant specially the office staff when they come into the shop and start freaking out thinking they're your bosses low paying unsafe make you feel like you're in a correctional centre if you've ever been in one you know what I'm talking about this place sucks I don't recommend working there at all
I think they could do better on their choices of supervisors for nights but just my opinion the guys there were great to work with way better than the foreman and other supervisors
terrible place to work . employees are treated very badly and thrown out the door for getting hurt.
shift work is 10 hour days and rotates every few weeks between the 3 shifts
I was a quality control inspector for H-VAC systems, and I worked 2-3 day rotations. I found once I learned the role of my position, and I was willing to jump in a help on the Assembly line to be a team player, while waiting for inspecting each of my units, I found the culture and atmosphere very enjoyable. I have recommended to a couple friends to apply, and those who have quite enjoy it.
There are a lot of employees, and there is unlimited work. They have a great safety policy, and they provide free safety gear. They also host free lunches from time to time.
If you put a vacation request in make sure you have a photocopy. stated working for the company in November and notified them at that point my son was getting married in Ontario and I needed time off in July told me to fill out the paperwork so I did and my boss didn't hand it in to HR.A couple of days b4 my holidays I was told I couldn't have the time off and fired for questioning it