Silent-Aire
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Silent-Aire Employee Reviews

Advancing my career and life

Featured review

Silent-Aire selected this as a representative review
I have moved up at Silent Aire very quickly. Anyone that has ambition and is a hard worker will be very successful at this company. we are probably the busiest company in the city and they have been hiring like crazy. I am thrilled that I was given the opportunity to work at SA. a lot of OT$

Pros

Lots of hours and opportunity for advancement.

Cons

PArking issues

8 October 2020
Thank you so much for you review! We look forward to seeing you advance and succeed. We are thrilled to have you!

Bad management

I work there for 4 years. Most of the time, the work is pretty easy but stressful because of the ridiculous time limit they will give you. Sometimes they rush you for no reason. The management makes you hate working in the company.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Long hours, bad management

Unfair treatment

Unfair treatment and too much POLITICS.not giving everyone a chance to grow.you must have a backer to move higher not your skills or capabilty as individua.If the Manager or Supervisor can evaluate us,we SHOULD have anonymous evaluation for them as well because not all of them deserve in the Position,with all due respect. They should learn how to respect ANY Position regardless.

11 August 2021
Hello there, at Silent-Aire we give the opportunity to grow within the company and learn new roles. That is part of the reason we are expanding! Managers by definition, are there to manage the department and their staff. You are free to discuss your supervisor with the Plant Manager or HR if you feel you are being unfairly evaluated. Hope this helps!

Really toxic environment

Its management versus employees. They're always out to get you, I've seen people getting written up for false reasons and they don't seem to care about your well being. They preach about safety but don't really practice it. Covid awareness is all a facade, they don't care if they need to cram 50 people In a tight spot just to get the job done.

Pros

It's work

Cons

No advancement, bad benefits, bad culture

14 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We can assure you Safety is a top priority at Silent-Aire. Our Covid-19 response as an essential employer, was to ensure we minimized the spread by temperature checks, masks, notifications and emergency response notifications. If you feel you are unhappy, please visit Human Resources to discuss your concerns.

Does not care about the employees

Management is a joke. False promises. Not much work but will get in trouble for talking to others. If there is an accident they deal with it horribly. They try to get the injured person to continue working without taking care of their needs. This company is a joke that does not care for its employees and only cares about money. If you have the choice don't work for people who will not care for you. The work safety people are jokes, management is a joke, and this place overall is an absolute joke.

Pros

easy work

Cons

everything else.

Good place to worl

I am working with Silent Aire last one year. Company have a very innovative product and strong business model. Highly reccomended. Hr is very supportive.

Pros

Unlimited hours, Salary, Supportive Management

21 June 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We are grateful to have you on board and glad you are enjoying your time as a Quality Inspector! Quality is of the upmost importance to Silent-Aire!

A company with amazing potential, but management needs to be revamped

This company has the potential to be an amazing place to work. The industry is limitless and the talent is unrecognized, but when it comes to management, treating people professionally and with respect, unfortunately, Silent-Aire just doesn't meet professional expectations. We are losing good people all the time because of our own shortcomings. I hope to be here long enough to see necessary change come to fruition.

Pros

Great people and industry

Cons

Terrible management

21 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave your reply. We are always seeking the best in managers and supervisors to lead our teams as we grow. We encourage you to speak with HR if you are unhappy with the leadership.

Toxic culture.

Management frequently refers to employees as effing ree tards If something happens safety wise in the floor they never shut work down. Watched a welder rain down sparks on an ems team while the tended to a downed worker. The welder was told to keep working by management. A worker got a metal shaving in his eye and was told to drive himself to the hospital. Instead of laying people off when things get slow the terminate without cause. They side load cranes on the daily. As well as regularly hit things with the cranes. Overall a terrifying safety culture and horribly incompetent management.

Pros

Good crew of guys on the floor

Cons

Extemely poor safety program

21 June 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Please note that our Safety is our top priority and if you notice an unsafe work condition, please report it immediately to a Safety Manager or HR. We are glad to hear you appreciate your coworkers, we agree we have some great people!

Terrible work environment

Fire people constantly without cause and disciplinary write ups even if your a good worker. Management is entirely made up of incompetent unskilled workers.

Pros

Honestly there is none

Cons

Terminate without cause. No appreciation for good work.

21 June 2021
Thank you for leaving your comments. Please know Silent-Aire values our hard working employees who are willing to learn and be a positive team member. If you feel you are not being assessed correctly, we encourage you to speak to HR or your supervisor.

If you have any sense of ethics steer clear

Supervisors are ok, most of the shop staff are good, upper management is a joke. They don't understand how the actual job works. They preach safety but refuse to do anything about major issues. (eg. tieing off your fall arrest to a crane on a regular basis) The pay is good if you're a tradesmen, but for everyone else it's a joke. Their response to covid is negligent bordering on criminal. Their engineering department is laughable, constant mistakes on drawings, which is then followed up by management freaking out that jobs don't get done on time.

Pros

schedule is good

Cons

lack of safety, bad management, engineering is a joke.

21 June 2021
Thank you for your feedback, please know COVID is of the upmost importance as we have dedicated many resources to ensure minimal outbreaks and continued operations so we all can go to work safely. Please refer to our COVID page on our website or speak to your supervisor for more information.

hmmmm not sure

I was here temporarily, I had a good experience but overall you’re just a number. They have lots of guys but really could send 50% of their staff home and pay the hard working staff more and be 1000% more productive. When you have 10 guys building the same thing, you just have to pretend to work sometimes.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

they don’t respect experience at all

18 January 2021
We appreciate your review and the time you spent working at Silent-Aire. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as a fast growing company we have had the privilege of hiring on many new people with varying levels of experience as the demand grows and productivity ramps up. With such fast growth it can be difficult to feel recognized and valued in such a large employee pool. Silent-Aire cherishes all of our employees and the experience they bring to our company, our employees will always be our biggest asset no matter the rate of growth!

Always something new that makes you excited

You are always helped by a professional team. Silent-Aire means more knowledge every single day and a lots of challenges. Give the best you can and they will make you happy

18 January 2021
Thank you so much for your kind review! We love to hear that the work you are doing at Silent-Aire is something that makes you excited for what the future has in store. With so much learning on the job, it only elevates your skill set and experience to better you professionally and personally, keep up the good work!

Fun environment

Management and HR they working together and they know how to value there employees organized,fun environment and all of the employees in silent-aire are friendly

6 January 2021
We love hearing this! Thank you so much for the review of your employment at Silent-Aire so far. We are committed to our employees and providing the best possible work environment at each of our locations. You are awesome!

Terrible place to work

I worked there for 5 years. In that 5 years there were 3 major injuries, one injury almost killed someone. The management team is inexperienced. And has no idea what they are doing. They blame employees for their downfalls. And force employees to do unsafe work, and if you refuse, you are threatened with your job. The favorite line used by the management team is if you don’t like it quit. They treat employees like garbage. Mental and physical well being are not cared about there. All in all the worst place i have ever worked for. And i have worked some pretty terrible jobs.

Pros

Good wage, lots of hours

Cons

You are treated like sub human garbage

3 December 2020
Thank you for your review, the time you took to reflect on your employment at Silent-Aire is appreciated. We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us, the health and safety of our people is of the upmost importance. We have safety coaches on shift everyday to ensure everything is done to keep our people safe while on the job. If there are any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to human resources.

Mind numbing job with terrible management and no leadership

If you enjoy a mind numbing job with no feeling of accomplishment, doing the same task over and over and over again until you feel like a zombie, being told to do all the wrong things to just get in trouble for it later, than this is the job for you! This is a covid hotspot, but that’s no surprise due to silent aire recently incorporating fingerprint scanners for hundreds of people to use without sanitizing, not to mention the redundant sign in sheet everyone touches, but don’t worry, the microwaves are off limits so you can’t possibly catch covid! Apply here if you’re desperate, who knows, you might even learn a new language while you’re here!

Pros

Decent pay on the holidays you’re forced to work

Cons

Where do I begin?

18 November 2020
As an essential employer, Silent-Aire has been an industry leader in our COVID-19 Business Continuity. We implemented increased sanitization in all our facilities including the time clock's area and allowed extra time for employees to wash up prior to clocking in and out. Additionally, we have enacted temperature screening at all facilities globally. Along with carrying out the +6 Social Distancing and Mandatory Mask Program globally that includes providing washable, non-medical masks to every employee in the company. You can visit out website at https://www.silent-aire.com/covid to see our response and efforts to keep our employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Great place to work and room for expansion and growth

Silent-Aire provides a fun and challenging opportunity for anyone that is willing to work hard. If you want to be productive and be successful, you can achieve that no matter what department you work in. The ability to grow both personally and professionally are always available, the employee decides how far they want to go. Would highly recommend giving our company a try.

8 October 2020
Thank you so much for your review and such a glowing recommendation! One of our greatest achievements is watching all our employees grow as individuals and also as professionals. We can't say it enough, our employees are our greatest asset. Thank you again for your marvelous review!

Great place to be

I have only been here for 7 months now and this is a great place to work. It is in the right industry and they hire from with-in. Management wants you to succeed and will pay for training.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Not alot of down time.

5 October 2020
We are thrilled to hear such wonderful feedback! We are proud to support everyone's goals to further their experience and education.

Run away.

Horrible leadership from most lead hands and all supervisors and project managers. It’s Covid times and as tough as jobs are to get right now the mental stress and anxiety this place puts on me and almost everyone at work is not healthy for any human being. If your going to end up homeless and this is your last resort then apply if not keep scrolling past

Pros

Ok wage

Cons

Everything.

2 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry for the experience you had, it is a trying time for everyone. As an essential employer, everyone’s safety is of the upmost importance. Feel free to visit our website at https://www.silent-aire.com/covid-19/ to see our statement on COVID-19 and the procedures we have put in place to ensure the safety of all our employees.

Management sucks

Terminate people without solid grounds. Don’t communicate to employees. Sucks to work here. You follow their protocol still terminate you. They don’t care about their employees.

5 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback reflecting on your employment with Silent-Aire. If you have a concern regarding your employment or termination, please contact Human Resources.

Terrible

Serious lack of communication in the materials department and get treated like an alien. Supervisor doesn’t seem to care. Don’t recommend this place to anybody. Get no support at all.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Crummy Atmosphere

20 October 2020
Thank you for your review, the time you took to reflect on your employment at Silent-Aire is appreciated. We apologize that you feel unsupported by your supervisor, sometimes when the workload gets busy it is difficult to feel recognized, please feel free to stop by HR at any point in time.

Very unsafe

This place has no sense hands down. They preach safety and now they are making their workers finger scan to clock in..its so stupid..there is a covid 19 pandemic and they forse 150 plus people on a shift to touch the same thing and they just say wash your hands or hand sanitize and you will be fine..how about spending a few bucks and get a different type of time clock.clock.manually..oh i forgot you sont really care about your employees,just the dollor!!

25 September 2020
Silent-Aire has been an industry leader in our COVID-19 Business Continuity. We have implemented increased sanitization in all facilities including the time clock’s area and allowed extra time for employees to wash up prior to clocking out. Additionally we have implemented temperature and symptom screening at all facilities globally. We have implemented a +6 Social Distancing and Mandatory Mask Program globally that includes providing washable non-medical masks to every employee in the company. We require the time clocks to ensure that employees get paid correctly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silent-Aire. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8