Silent-Aire

Silent-Aire Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
Featured review
Silent-Aire selected this as a representative review
I have moved up at Silent Aire very quickly. Anyone that has ambition and is a hard worker will be very successful at this company. we are probably the busiest company in the city and they have been hiring like crazy.

I am thrilled that I was given the opportunity to work at SA. a lot of OT$
Pros
Lots of hours and opportunity for advancement.
Cons
PArking issues
Horrible leadership from most lead hands and all supervisors and project managers. It’s Covid times and as tough as jobs are to get right now the mental stress and anxiety this place puts on me and almost everyone at work is not healthy for any human being. If your going to end up homeless and this is your last resort then apply if not keep scrolling past
Pros
Ok wage
Cons
Everything.
Great place to work, always busy!
co-workers are friendly, like a little family.

lots of team building

always learning something new, every day is different

Pros
great office
Cons
Parking
Terminate people without solid grounds. Don’t communicate to employees. Sucks to work here. You follow their protocol still terminate you. They don’t care about their employees.
This place has no sense hands down. They preach safety and now they are making their workers finger scan to clock in..its so stupid..there is a covid 19 pandemic and they forse 150 plus people on a shift to touch the same thing and they just say wash your hands or hand sanitize and you will be fine..how about spending a few bucks and get a different type of time clock.clock.manually..oh i forgot you sont really care about your employees,just the dollor!!
Official response from Silent-Aire
25 September 2020
Silent-Aire has been an industry leader in our COVID-19 Business Continuity. We have implemented increased sanitization in all facilities including the time clock’s area and allowed extra time for employees to wash up prior to clocking out. Additionally we have implemented temperature and symptom screening at all facilities globally. We have implemented a +6 Social Distancing and Mandatory Mask Program globally that includes providing washable non-medical masks to every employee in the company. We require the time clocks to ensure that employees get paid correctly.
There are no respiratory masks available without reason and yet employees are still working while being exposed on the insulator foams. Very dangerous and unsafe work. If you just want to earn money without any regard on safety, this place is for you.
Pros
Work overtime, 30-minute paid breaks
Cons
Unsafe environment to work
Official response from Silent-Aire
25 September 2020
The health and safety of all Silent-Aire employees is very important to the organization and we encourage all employees to bring forward health and safety concerns directly to their Supervisors or the on-site Health and Safety Coaches. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some health and safety supplies such as N95 respirators and dust masks were being re-directed to the front line of health professionals managing COVID-19. This did cause a strain to manufactures such as Silent-Aire with relation to sourcing these constrained items. Our health and safety and procurement teams have secured the availability of adequate respiratory protection for now and into the future.
Steady, fast paced work environment. Continual improvements and safety focused organization. Lots of overtime opportunities. Positive management and supervisors.
A typical day at work when you have to deal with customers delivering materials and also picking up materials can be redundant, but worth it all for a reason that aim towards sales and manufacturing. I learn how to serve customers very well and also better time management. I used to enjoy my job there because of my customers were awesome.
Good for starter. Easy workmate respectable team. Understandable supervisor. Lot to learn in this job.
Safety is good, from PPE to site and workplace safety is good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Silent-Aire?
For me working this company its very big help for the needs of my family for the last past 1 year im the only one working for my family still surviving......rather than else where after a few months you get laid off....its only my personal experience working in silent-aire.....
There is always work and they usually allow people to work overtime if they want. The pay is good, the job security is good, but the people SUCK. Pretty toxic environment with huge language barriers which make it tough to perform daily tasks when you don't know what they're asking you to do. Decent amount of days off but good luck having a life with the 6-6 shift on days that you work. You have enough time to cook dinner and shower when you get home and then straight to bed so you can be up at 5:00am the next day.
Definitely a good place to work if you're just starting your career in the trades (RAP Program). The pay is good, and you have a decent amount of days off because of the shift work, but the work days are very long and hard. Language barrier as there are a lot of foreign workers which makes it hard. There are some good people that work there but a lot of very unhappy toxic people.
The only good part of this job was leaving it. My first half year was alright if even that. They force you to switch shifts and we’re constantly trying to catch up. They have people who know nothing about any trade running the show. The ones that do know a little are hacks. Unless you work 6-7 days a week you will not get a raise here. If you like the high school talk behind your back but smile in your face this is definitely the place for you
It taught me an advanced knowledge of manufacturing and strong work ethic, understanding of operations as well with great hands on skills. Unfortunately there isn't room to move into other departments or advance in career positions,
Supervisors were not the best to get along with. Work wasnt bad, but they had a lot of imports and people who dont speak english as a first language which made it difficult at times to do work or get it done in a quick enough and safe manner.
Silent-Aire is committed to developing employees. New training curriculums are being created to enhance skills, safety, communication, and management.
The majority of workers come to Canada and do not understand or speak English, or are they willing to learn and so this is the only job they can get. Seeing that 80 percent of the workers speak Spanish there is no reason to integrate and speak Canadian ( when in Rome, do as the Romans do, learn to speak the language) which makes communication and finding the answer to a very simple important question to help you with your job very difficult. The raises are 50 cents a year if you get one, so so Silent Aire is ideal for anyone for anyone that does not speak English and wants to limit themselves to being in a dead end job.
The pay wasn’t very good but then again I was there with the rap program but aside from the bad pay I did learn a lot there and it was a great experience to further myself as a person
Not a very respectable company to work for management are very ignorant specially the office staff when they come into the shop and start freaking out thinking they're your bosses low paying unsafe make you feel like you're in a correctional centre if you've ever been in one you know what I'm talking about this place sucks I don't recommend working there at all
I think they could do better on their choices of supervisors for nights but just my opinion the guys there were great to work with way better than the foreman and other supervisors
terrible place to work . employees are treated very badly and thrown out the door for getting hurt.
shift work is 10 hour days and rotates every few weeks between the 3 shifts