Signet

Signet Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
In the long run you have to remember it's a sales job you are competing with the other people that are there to make sure you have the sales. That said it's a fun environment exciting stories to hear from customers everyday, great low-cost benefits, not so great pay, immediate management fantastic and tries very hard to work with everybody's worked a life ratio
, extended fantastic management more concerned about bottom line then people most of time
Pros
People
Cons
Low pay
I am unable to give a summary at this time.
This is not something allowed by this employer.

Please understand i have no complaints or no comments to make.
that was my first and last day of work at this company. The manager treated me and made me feel useless and blamed me that she couldn't do others people schedule because of me (how is this possible when it was my first day of work) because i was working part time in another company and couldn't figure my schedule
Do not go to this company, it is not worth it.
Pros
nothing
Opportunity to grow and make money but comes at a sacrifice of family and personal time. A culture of fear if under performing, not training and encouragement
They draw you in with promises of benefits but you’ll have to sell at least $25K a month before you even see $3.00. The management is messy and the company only takes advantage of customers; they see them as walking wallets, rather than people looking to buying something memorable and beloved. Don’t apply or work there unless you are desperate for a job. You’ll just be treated as a thing.
Cons
The company has no value for staff
The pay is not fair for the amount of work they ask for

I wont recommend this place

Dont ever try to join them
This company is absolutely horrible with management and a lot of bullying and harassment happens. I worked for them for 4 years and the staff turn over is very often and that’s due to the management being untrained and feeling superior. They are also completely out to date when it comes to work expectations and working in this era.
Pros
Fun selling diamonds
Cons
Horrible management and bullying
This place is a good place to work with friendly co-workers and management. Repeatedly going through the scanner is the hardest part of the job. Very secure place.
Signet is a great company to work with. Job security is given with time and is a great job for starters with active promotions. The staff is amazing, especially the team leads.
Staff turnover is incredibly high, and it's extremely evident as to why once you actually work there for a few weeks.

Be careful when you get hired here, if they don't like you then you won't last long.
can be a good place to work as a newcomer to Canada or as a seasonal part time employee. Benefits are good but work life balance can be hard to adjust to.
At the beginning it is a really wonderful place to work but once you've been there long enough everything goes down hill... starting with district managers promising something and never coming back to it. Or HR department with complaints. Several jewellery consultants and even managers contacted HR complaining about the current district manager about how they do not give our stores any support that is needed and could care less about anything. Over the years i have noticed that the company has been getting worse and worse in the way of how they are treating the staff.
The guest side of the business is amazing. Nothing better than getting to know somebody during one of the most exciting times of their lives. Helping them celebrate life.
Pros
People

Company is under 3 different Class Action Lawsuits as we speak, people are under paid and over worked, company has been known to break a few federal laws.
This company is not a good company to work for. They will work you until you are dry. I have seen many managers have mental breakdowns because of the district manager and higher ups. I have seen, and I have done as well, people in the bathroom sick to their stomach because certain higher ups are coming. There is no job security. If you are a manager, you are on call 24 7. There are no such things as a day off. The commission is next to nothing. If you ask for a raise you are promised one just to be turned down.
Pros
Na
Cons
No overtime, little commision.