Signarama

Signarama Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Professional, Friendly environment
I had my Co-op experience at Signarama, at that time management was great and the few people I worked with were friendly and helpful. During my time there I was able to learn many skills.
Close minded team
The team is very much their way of the highway with few chances for discussion. It is albeit a small team consisting of just a few employees all of which come from vastly different backgrounds, which lends to diversity in the team, but lack of execution of that.
Good sign company
This is a good sign company if you can work for minimum wage. Well the staff is friendly and nice there's very little and Sales Management. The owner treats the business more like a hobby. They do good quality work.
productive, and friendly
great place to work, very fast paced, all is required good attitude and hardwork owner is nice and involved with staff. whole team is helpful and kind always willing to teach.
Good
Great, very familly oriented its like a home they always treat you right and put your concerns first. It was an great place to work everyone had everyones back
Na
It's a great place to work at but not for creative people. Most customers are in rush and do not want to wait for a creative design. They all need it NOW. Most word i heard from clients were "it does not matter how it looks, anything quick".
Fun place to work and different jobs everyday.
Managing a sign business is fun and at the some time it comes with many challenges. Dealing with sign permits, Employees, Production, sign designs and problem solving.
- Learned how to deal with cheap and difficult customers.
- Learned a lot about sign design, printing, working with vinyl, car wraps, materials and suppliers.

- The management was good actually the manager was an awesome person.

- Work environment and the learned techniques was of great gain.
Pros
- Workplace was awesome culture was relaxed.
Cons
- Hardest is lack of concise direction in projects.
Productive team driven company
Organized tasks for employees to be completed daily
Responded to and directed emails and phone calls

Organized meetings and arranged installation dates with clients and customers

Maintained corporate and business liaisons with clients

Maintained and organized company and client records

Reported to business owners and attended company meetings

Maintained and organized office an kitchen space
Life Balance and work environment
My coworker's are so friendly and the environment is amazing there. The balance between hard activities and the moments that we can enjoy is unbelievable.
fast paced work place
requires alot of multi-tasking, set up graphics for print, set up printed graphics for install, go to various sites to do graphic installs, create mock-ups for clients.
Understanding Management
Great working Place, multiple franchises. The work culture depends on the franchise. All the management seem to be close and promote the development of technical skills with webinars and meetups.
Pros
Understanding Management
a place to start, but not to stay
A place to start, not to stay long, no room to grow, low salary and no work culture at all, management is the worst. you can meet nice people, coworkers are usually very nice, you can learn but you have to push for it.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
horrendous management
A typical day at work is an energetic and fun one. I learnt a lot from working in the workplace, and has a lot of friendly faces within the workplace.
Sign A Rama Vancouver
It's a decent environment.It was hard because there is only a few people that worked there and you could end up doing everything in the office. I don't mind the people but it was tough job environment.
Fun workplace, Nice co-workers.
A great place to learn the ropes of design & production

I have learned a lot over the years. It is the perfect place for someone who is just starting out in the field to learn how to time-manage design and fabrication projects, and learn about all of the various materials we work with.
Not a career, but a job.
As a production associate, I am only required to put my head down and work. The work is not very diverse but there are times I can go out and do installs outside of the shop.
Great environment, friendly staff, good overall team
There is lots of long term potential at Richmond Signarama if you want to develop a career in the sign business. If you work hard and promote high quality customer service the potential is awesome long term.
Pros
Multiple events throughout the year with good eats and refreshments. Meet some great people too!
Cons
Hard work, small pay at the beginning.
Fun and Design evenfiroment
It is a printing publishing business, with lot of creativity work. It was very active position that keeps high energetic. Very friendly staff as well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Co-op Job for School
This was my co-op placement for school during my first semester of grade 11. A typical day consisted of designing of signs, production of signs and reception. I have worked all these jobs in this placement. The hardest part of the job was when the demand was high and we had a lot of customers at once. However, it always got done and the feeling of success at the end was a great reward. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. They were all so nice and fun to be around. Overall, my co-op placement was a fun experience and I loved working there.
Pros
Nice co-workers and friendly environment
Cons
Very demanding at points and stressful
For the adventurous and ambitious
The day starts out in a morning meeting. We review our day covering jobs to be done in design, production, quotations and anything that needs following up.

The coworkers are very nice and the work culture is that you come and do your job. There's not a lot of 'frills' which is alright by me. It is a young company that is learning and growing. The Work culture is based on providing good quality signs and the company will do all they can to make sure the customer is happy.

The difficult aspect is that the competition in Surrey for these services is very high. You can always find cheaper. But that's not what the company is about.

The nature of custom signage is that there are aspects that cannot be nailed down, and if you haven't got signage industry training, or can't conceptualize it, it's going to be a very steep learning curve.

One of my favourite jobs is putting together youtube videos of the jobs we've done. I have developed the social media aspect using Facebook and Twitter as of late.
Pros
Small company, more personable that larger ones. Passionate people.
Cons
Signarama Canada falls short in providing the service that Signarama US does.