SigmaPoint Technologies Employee Reviews

Community envolment by staff and employees.
Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON6 April 2019
Employee's are the structure of the company and proud to be part of the team. The often show their support for the community by participating in local fund drives. There's also a yearly barbecue where staff show their appreciation to the employees for all their efforts and dedication to achieving customer demands.
Great place to work. Everyone works as a team.
Inspector / Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON15 July 2018
I learnt about 5's program and Lean Manufacturing.The location is very clean. They are open to new ideas and have respect for their employees. I do not hesitate to send people there that are looking for work.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Unstable work. They often have lay-offs
does not keep long term employees
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON19 June 2017
view demands - source and procure - find solutions- good people -
hardest part of job were - no tools to do he job- love the people.
changes made without contacting the people that do the work. Some management using idle threat - human resources person wonderful.
It was enjoyable but due to restructuring presently unemployed
Good people to work with daily
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON1 May 2017
Learned about how circuit boards are made, typical day, management needs work, good morale, learning sometimes was hard to understand,co-workers for the most part aalways willing to help.
Continuous improvement and on time delivery is very important
VALUE STREAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON11 January 2017
A typical day starts with knowing the production goal to meet on time delivery. I learned a lot about LEAN and Toyota KATA. Management can be very supportive. Co-workers were amazing, a real family away from home.
VERY High Stress environment
Inventory Controller/Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 May 2016
Very High Stress Environment. Management is very unreasonable and is often in the grey area as far as Labour Laws go. Not a very friendly work environment.

It is a good example of Lean working environment.
Pros
Lean environment
Cons
Too much Micro Managing
Fun and helpful environment
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON23 April 2016
SigmaPoint is a company that participates in the construction of technology like computers, sports gear and circuit boards. The job provided a new and fast-pace experience that challenged my skills and knowledge. My position was an operator on the surface mount production line. My co-workers and I managed the production line and the construction of circuit boards. The position was both challenging and rewarding. The SigmaPoint team is composed of energetic and devoted people who I am proud to call my friends.
enjoyable same shift, friendly place
AOI/XRAY operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 March 2016
I would go in and find people smiling, most people loved there jobs. There was always something new to learn, because you would cross train all the time. The hardest part of the job I would say would be the battle of shifts. Some would blame the other shift for things done wrong instead of looking at what they did themselves. On our shift the manager would always make something every month to keep it interesting, eg. hat day, pot luck for that month. If they decide to call me back I will return right away, that is how much I loved working there.
Pros
no shift rotation
Cons
singnority does not count
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON24 February 2016
My shifts would start at 11 PM and go to 7 AM. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people, and knowing that what i was doing was helping people around the world.
Forward-thinking management
SMT Programmer / Line Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 November 2012
Forward-thinking management always kept employees updated in an open, honest way - including financial overview.

Management tried hard to keep people employed, utilizing work-share program when necessary.

Clean, efficient production floor with skilled production and office staff.