Play YouTube video button
Sienna Senior Living
Sienna Senior Living Employee Review

Where dreams go to die

18 February 2020
Almost everything about this company is upsetting and disappointing. Had the most wonderful coworkers, honestly the best people. Management mirco-manages everything, doesn't support floor supervisors in their decisions or actions (will contradict supervisors in front of staff members). The rules were always changing to best suit management, nothing was ever standard and no one ever had the same response (even in the management team). Overtime was never approved even if needed (a critical incident, etc), suspensions given with no real reasoning. Disorganization (accepting admissions without the proper equipment or knowledge). I could go on forever...

Very little care for the lively hood and quality care for the residents, cost cutting measures that often risked the health and comfort of the residents. Floor staff were always very good at keeping these stresses and complications as far away from the residents and family members knowledge as possible.
28 April 2018
I am very impressed with the company creed, mission, vision and values. I am so grateful with DOC, ADOC for professional support and personal growth. Everytime, I raised concerns, l always get response. Management treat me with respect comparing to my other workplaces. The communication has been very good to me personally.I can walk in to speak in person, email or call management anytime. I strongly recommend this company.
Pros
Healthcare shift work.
Cons
Not for me, may be travelling
10 June 2020
The Management team who are still there are not respectful and aren't trustworthy. They will discipline you as they please. The culture of the place has gone very downhill.
Pros
Cons
Untrustworthy, disrespectful
27 May 2020
Staff (Current Employee) - Kelowna, BC
Management here is a revolving door. Someone new a couple times each year. Our most recent manager was awesome. Residents were no longer complaining to staff and he was good at bringing staff together even if the work sucks. Its been hard during this pandemic but our management was holding everyone together. Then I come into work I find out he has been let go. This place is awful. I have been here a long time hoping it will get better but every time its looking better more change happens and never for the betterment of the residence. HO doesnt have a clue what goes on here. No one ever talks to us or the residents when they come in for tours. We just keep the place running. Don’t worry about us. Pay us what we are worth.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sienna Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2