Sienna Senior Living

Sienna Senior Living Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.3Pay & benefits

Poor management

Management always changing, in a year I had 3 General managers and 2 nursing managers. Poor staffing, benefits were ok, union useless. High rate of all staff turnover. Lousy pay

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Everything.

Terrible place to work

Worst job ever. G.M and upper management are nothing but a bunch of lying backstabbers. I don't understand how the people who run this company can look at themselves in the mirror, only thing they care about is the bottom dollar and their shareholders NOT the residents . The turnover in these places is unbelievable. Ontario jails have a bigger food budget than most of these retirement homes....I was told I cant say....but its less than $8.00 per resident per day ( 3 meals...plus snacks etc) ...what a shame

Pros

Health Benefits

Cons

Many

Great company for employment

Enjoyed working for sienna living good wages/ open door policy with management..lots of overtime if you so choose.room for advancement .loved the rotations..5 days on 2 days off 5 days on 3 days off

Pros

Holidays provided lunches & snacks

Cons

Parking shortage

It was an amazing experience working with Sienna

Working with Sienna is an amazing experience, everyone is always so nice and understanding. There were always new opportunities for learning. The management is very open and understanding towards your school life or home life. I would recommend everyone working with Sienna at some point, it is a very homey and friendly place. The residents there are incredible and so lovely to be around

Pros

Meals, Benefits

Extremely greedy management

You overwork for a small amount of money, excluding Director level. Management is a joke, they only care about how to increase their bonus and get extra pay premiums. They requested us providing services all the times. Extra worked hour never gets reflected back into employees pay checks.

Pros

You have a job

Cons

Overworked, underpaid and disrespectful

Modern day slavery with a stipend

They require a lot from you but the pay is less than acceptable . And they charge their residents for EVERY SINGLE THING but no worker sees that reflected in their pay. Also, they have this dungeon tucked away in the basement they call a “lunch room” for staff -unbecoming!

Would Not Reccomend

Seriously don’t know how to start, but this will be a long review. For starters, there is an INCREDIBLE amount of work place harassment.. more so from the Scheduling Manager than anything. Dealing with this manager is next to impossible; she picks her favourites for sure. If you’re not a favourite, you will work more than you could possibly handle. I’m talking every weekend, week days, barely any time off to cover other staffs vacation while she denies yours. She will say one thing than do another or deny it, and if you bring it up infront of other management, she will have a full blown fit and call you a liar. She has no issue tearing staff down in order to make herself look better. If you are not a favourite and click in early or late, not only will she doc you 15mins from your pay, but she will threaten your position. If you call in sick for a valid reason, she will become angry at you, won’t speak a word to you for days. To put it simply, she will bully you and make any need of yours extremely difficult and unvalued, threaten you with your job even through it’s NOT her place, and will make having a life and other responsibilities outside of Owen Hill next to impossible. As for work place harassment between staff members, some will quite literally try sabotaging your job by making false accusations, just because they don’t like you. Verbal and Emotional harassment from certain individuals is constant and nearly unbearable. Shifts will sabotage shifts and slack off just because they think the “other shift can deal with it”, but will cry the blues to management if something -

Pros

Residents are incredible people

Cons

Management, Filthy Environment, Harassment

Went Downhill Fast

When I first started at Island View Retirement, I loved my job. It wasn't run by Sienna Senior Living at the time. The pay was fair and workload was fine. The residents had good quality meals and the morale was much better. Seinna Living came i with a lot of promises, but absolutely did not deliver! The cut the food budvet, slashed wages and piled our work load. Would not recommend. Mangers were awful and everyone was always so stressed out.

Pros

Coworkers, residents

Cons

Bad management, heavy workload, food budget, stress

I would not recommend working at Siena living management is very poor staffed they are never there for their staff to talk to or raise their concerns to management is not qualified for their positions management is very unprofessional management dresses like they are going out to a rodeo bot not professional at all and nothing is ever done and they this fluff It

Horrible place to work

Management sucks and don’t like to do their jobs. They don’t care about anything except getting paid! I worked there for 9 months and my pay was wrong 5 times. They wouldn’t pay you the money they owed you until the next pay. So you were stuck waiting two weeks whether you told them you needed the money or not. The building is falling apart and they have been having water leaks in all different places for months. The building has got to be so full of mould, but Sienna likes to spend the least amount of money as possible, therefore the problem is never going to get fixed. There is no staff appreciation at all anymore. They used to do an employee of the month, but since the new year they haven’t done anything. Other employees that have been there the longest think they own/run the place and think they are better than the newer staff. There is so much talk and drama there, it’s worse than when I was in high school. There is no confidentiality! If you go to your manager and tell them something, whether you want it to be in confidence or not. It’s guaranteed in no time everyone will know. People come in 2 hours before their shift (why, seriously do you have no life?!). Oh and if your manager has an issue with you they go to other staff and expect them to confront you instead of the manager approaching the person they have a problem with. It’s only minimum wage plus a little extra now because it’s unionized plus if you work nights you get paid for your breaks and a .50 cent premium. Only good things are the residents, benefits and a couple of the other employees are awesome. Think -

Pros

Residents, benefits

Cons

Everything except the residents, benefits and some of my coworkers

Completely soul damaging

I have worked for the Sienna for about five years as environmental services manager.This company is everything but desirable workplace ,it’s chaotic it’s a lot of lies and lots of double standards and favouritism. There is a lots of preferential treatment towards some managers while the other sub being yelled and just manipulated.Whenever you try to do if the executive director doesn’t like you you will be miserable for the rest of your work life. I don’t recommend anybody working for this place it’s a very low salary ,high expectations with very unrealistic demands and lots of lots of backstabbing.

Pros

Enjoyed working with seniors and some of the amazing frontline workers

Cons

Everything.

A step below welfare

Lowest possible pay in the industry, there are people who have been working for 10+ years and still make minimum wage. They expect you to work extreme hours and you're constantly short staffed. Benefits only exist if you're in one of the very few full time positions, even if they make you work more hours than someone on full time there is no chance of any sort of benefits. They make you responsible to log into their broken computer system to monitor your own pay or they just won't give it to you. Hours upon hours of annoying mandatory education that you don't get paid for. Double standards are everywhere and management deffinitly plays favourites. No premium for night shifts and they have no problems quilting you into working in excess of 16 hours in a day. Working literally every day in a 2 week pay period might net you 4-5 Hours of overtime pay. Upper management are idiots and just sit back and make demands to put on extra work load while also cutting back staff and resources to the point you can barely fulfill your job duties. 0 compassion for people's personal lives, if you need time off to collect yourself or you have a bad injury or sickness you will be punished for it. Could honestly go on for hours with nothing posa5ive to say so just save yourself the trouble and apply at McDonald's or go on welfare as you d be far better off.

Pros

Cons

Unrealsitic expectations, poor management, low pay, loads of workplace drama

Good until building was bought by Sienna

Management and staff alike are fired at the drop of a hat whether you've been there 5 minutes or 5 years. Since Sienna took over the building staff morale is awful. No one knows if their job is safe. They can't keep staff. If they do manage to get someone to apply, they'll work you to death. Calling you constantly. Sometimes asking 3+ times if you'll cover the same shift. The building is falling apart. Very little upkeep is done because they can't make to keep maintenance staff on board. Poor compensation.

Pros

Friendly residents

Cons

Low staff morale, company doesn't care about staff, p

Dietary Aide

I work as a Dietary Aide at the Ingersoll location. My boss is amazing and so accommodating. We have a really good team I would say. The residence are so lovely. By far my favorite long term care home I've worked in. I'm always happy to come work for these lovely people. Just like any job, some days can be hard; but overall I would say I typically have really good days here. I get descent hours considering I am a casual. I really do enjoy working here more than I thought I would. Cannot wait to spend years working here.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

short staffed

RUN and RUN fast

overall not happy place to be in ,,, lots of changes by the management, pressure is to high, deadlines are to close ,,long hours, no time for lunch brakes and expectations are to high ,, run!

I am working as a RN. The job is very challenging and have to use a lot of skills to deal with issues on daily basis. The great place to work

I am very impressed with the company creed, mission, vision and values. I am so grateful with DOC, ADOC for professional support and personal growth. Everytime, I raised concerns, l always get response. Management treat me with respect comparing to my other workplaces. The communication has been very good to me personally.I can walk in to speak in person, email or call management anytime. I strongly recommend this company.

Pros

Healthcare shift work.

Cons

Not for me, may be travelling

Brand new.

While management has turned over. The current management group is working towards a better future for Sienna Living in Ingersoll. Hoping to build equity and a team oriented group. Diverse culture, willing to work with you, with time management you can get your work done. Benefits could be a bit better, but other then that. Overall it’s a better place to work then it has been! I highly recommend starting out here and continuing too if possible. I’ve moved up quickly in the two years I’ve worked there!

Pros

Willing to work with you, great place.

Cons

Could have better benefits.

Horriable management treating

It was good before the senior director brought in his ladies, then it became discrimination in the office, no one cares or supports staffs, unless it is the senior director's ladies

Pros

flexible working hour

Cons

overtime without pay

Managment with the stick, not the carrot

Management rarely comments on a job well done but is quick to provide public criticism at any opportunity. The management team at support office is consumed with a sense of self-importance. They are cheap and regularly miss salary payout on time. First place that I have ever worked where I have to ask for my rightfully earned pay.

Pros

Non

Cons

Egotistical management. Don't pay what they owe you.

Nurse Manager

Good company to gain experience, but high turn over rate. Pay is below average in their attempt to save money- not realizing the long term effects of paying a low wage to employees. No where is perfect but the co workers and residents make the journey worth it.

Enjoyed variety of sales and marketing responsibilities

Working with the seniors and their families was very rewarding. However, the expectation from management of working week days, nights and weekends, doesn't compensate for salary / commissions paid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sienna Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4