Play YouTube video button

Assistant5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
Featured review
Sienna Senior Living selected this as a representative review
Working for Sienna Senior Living was an amazing experience, Taking care of elderly people will always be a great pleasure for me. Helping people is a very rewarding job.
Wages are 2$ less than any other Care Facility and they wont budge at all at negotiations with Union. Expectations are over the top making you do the job of 3 by running for bed, chair alarms which are overrun and if you don't answer and reset your alarms within a certain time then there will be audits!!!!! We are running from beginning to end of shift. Usually short staffed majority of time and they don't even try to call in anyone!!! They will pull float that's the mentality. Management turnover great, staff alike. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Residents and SOME coworkers, I do really miss them..........
Working casual is a nightmare, regular staff can be bitter toward new staff, a lot of burn out. Times where care aides caring for 14 patients because short staffed resulting in more burn out. Worked with some really genuine people but unfortunately can be very cliquey between full time staff.
Pros
Lots of hours to pick up
Cons
Under staffed
Same as before, nothing but a great and supportive TEAM to work for that wants nothing more than to see you do well and be well while you are a proactive member of the TEAM.
I have been working for Sienna for almost a year and they have helped me set the standard of which type of companies I may be working for in the future as I continue with my Career in the Health Care Industry.
Pros
Great supportive staff
Cons
Not enough hands to fulfill the ever growing need for support.
Managers rarely happy with anyone including their hardworking employees. They do not know what they really want themselves and they set unreasonable expectations they would never be able to reach themselves. Huge turnover and inability to keep new staff due to EXTREME harrassment and bullying by senior PSW'S, registered staff and Management IH and the Ministry of health are invited to investigate and get to the bottom of this mess.
Pros
Nice Director of Care
Cons
Extreme bullying and harassment from secondary managers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sienna Senior Living?