Play YouTube video button

Sienna Senior Living Employee Reviews in Kingston, ON

Kingston, ON10 reviews
Featured review
Sienna Senior Living selected this as a representative review
Working for Sienna Senior Living was an amazing experience, Taking care of elderly people will always be a great pleasure for me. Helping people is a very rewarding job.
Would not recommend working for this company... no appreciation for their employees, only thing the care about is money... they take services away from residents yet charge them more money, they don’t listen to frontline workers on ways to improve and ways to make the residents and their families happy... poor pay, no communication between management and staff!
They have been through 10 Supervisor's in just a short time. Upper Management fires the Supervisor instead of dealing with the Unionized staff. The company is controlling. They are awful to work for.
Cons
Worked there for 11 years... I continued to say it can't get any worse...it always did. Fought for over a year to get maternity top up paid to me was still less than what I was supposed to be paid. My ei couldn't even get started for 2+ months because they wouldn't send in my roe for a claim to be started. Horrible pay management is never available. Worst place I've ever worked... Leaving was like leaving a toxic relationship you don't truly understand how horrible and scary the situation was until you are out of it looking back.
Pros
I left
Cons
It's still open
Terrible management who are not available to staff, blatant favouritism. Terrible working conditions, equipment that doesn't work, short-staffed most of the time, unbearable heat in the summer.
Cons
Run and don’t look back.. this company is nothing but garbage. Management is by far the worst I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Managers are all friends and like to gang up/bully whoever is below them on the seniority list. Intimidation, narcissism and discrimination are the three top traits of this home. Don’t ever plan on starting a family/plan on being pregnant while working for them because once they find out, they will fire you. They will pick on you and treat you differently than the others until you feel the need to tell someone about it. Then they will fire you for standing up to the high school- like childish behavior. Completely unprofessional company. Confidentiality means nothing in this workplace because within five minutes, management spreads rumors like there’s no tomorrow. Please do yourself a favor and find a professional retirement home.. not this place
Cons
Management sucks and don’t like to do their jobs. They don’t care about anything except getting paid! I worked there for 9 months and my pay was wrong 5 times. They wouldn’t pay you the money they owed you until the next pay. So you were stuck waiting two weeks whether you told them you needed the money or not. The building is falling apart and they have been having water leaks in all different places for months. The building has got to be so full of mould, but Sienna likes to spend the least amount of money as possible, therefore the problem is never going to get fixed. There is no staff appreciation at all anymore. They used to do an employee of the month, but since the new year they haven’t done anything. Other employees that have been there the longest think they own/run the place and think they are better than the newer staff. There is so much talk and drama there, it’s worse than when I was in high school. There is no confidentiality! If you go to your manager and tell them something, whether you want it to be in confidence or not. It’s guaranteed in no time everyone will know. People come in 2 hours before their shift (why, seriously do you have no life?!). Oh and if your manager has an issue with you they go to other staff and expect them to confront you instead of the manager approaching the person they have a problem with. It’s only minimum wage plus a little extra now because it’s unionized plus if you work nights you get paid for your breaks and a .50 cent premium. Only good things are the residents, benefits and a couple of the other employees are awesome. Think - more...
Pros
Residents, benefits
Cons
Everything except the residents, benefits and some of my coworkers
Working here for a few months was the worst decision of my life. Management likes to bully their employees. Toxic workplace. Favoritism is very popular within the premises
Pros
Not one good thing
Cons
Worked for the company for 5 years. Sienna only cares about making money. Management is never available to answer any concerns you have. Sometimes you are not paid for training and have to fight with hr to get money owed to you. Keep track of everything. Front line staff are only accountable for anything that goes wrong. No support from your management team. Resident care is rushed due to lack of staff or not filling shifts for people that take holidays. Orders for briefs have been forgotten and had to borrow from another home. Very poorly run facility.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Poor management
Corporate values are not congruent with behaviors and decisions of both company and management team. Front-line staff are always short and the general feeling is that they feel unsupported as Executive Director focused on budget. DOC job is 24/7 and is required to be oncall in event of RN vacancy. Very poor work-life balance for Nursing management team, it would seem.
Pros
Kind and fair Nursing Management team, nice staff in general.
Cons
Unsupportive Executive Director, does not follow-up with concerns when brought forth, issues left unresolved, and not consistent in staff approach.
This company is a great company to work for. There is always room for growth that is encouraged by management, they all just want to see you succeed. Ive learned that every day is different and the opportunity to learn is always present. The residents are so great to work with and i would recommend this facility to anyone.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sienna Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3