Sienna Senior Living logo
Sienna Senior Living

Sienna Senior Living Employee Reviews

Poor management

Management always changing, in a year I had 3 General managers and 2 nursing managers. Poor staffing, benefits were ok, union useless. High rate of all staff turnover. Lousy pay

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Everything.

Absolutely terrible place to work

⚠️ CAUTION ⚠️ management and certain staff members are bullies. Management picks favorites and treats non-favorites terribly. I would not recommend this facility to anyone. They pay very little. They do not offer shift premiums. There is very poor communication throughout the building. Staff on the floor are drowning in work and management does not make an effort to help. This facility has a very tough time keeping staff and it’s obvious why. Do not make the same mistake I did. I would absolutely not recommend.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management, bullies, drowning in work, poor pay

Worst place to work. Worst management experience.

This is the WORST place I have ever worked in my entire life. The “management” is a joke. The turn over rate of staff here is insane, and the residents even comment on it (that’s how obvious it is). If you can, DO NOT WORK HERE. You will regret it deeply.

Pros

Sweet/kind residents

Cons

General Manager is very disrespectful. Harasses her employees.

It was an amazing experience working with Sienna

Working with Sienna is an amazing experience, everyone is always so nice and understanding. There were always new opportunities for learning. The management is very open and understanding towards your school life or home life. I would recommend everyone working with Sienna at some point, it is a very homey and friendly place. The residents there are incredible and so lovely to be around

Pros

Meals, Benefits

Great company

Fingers crossed that they can find something for me to stay. Hired as a maternity coverage and have been really happy here. Work Environment is excellent

Pros

Family spirit

Cons

Contract ends

Not a fun work experience

“Do not apply to this job” I worked here during the summer 2020. I got offered the job without an interview and started two days later, I had 3 days of training. The manger and staff Are very judge mental, The manager was constantly changing my schedule without telling me. I was told I would be working 4 days a week instead I was working 6 sometimes 7. I was constantly getting called in on my days of The staff it’s very consistent of you. However the residence were very sweet. The week that I had quit two people quit within that same week so it goes to show how bad their management is.

Cons

Bad Staff and management

Great Team to work with

I work with a fantastic team who are both supportive and accessible when called on. The team is always there to roll up their sleeves and help. Management is wonderful!

Pros

great team, transparent department, management always accessible

A great place to learn from

I was hired as a casual help in the kitchen untill they were able to fill chef and cook positions. As it was 1 and a half hour drive each way to and from work , I choose to look for work closer to home now that contract is finished

Pros

Residents are amazing seniors

Cons

Long commute

Inexperienced management team! Awful workplace culture...

Mediocre place to work at best. Inexperienced management team breeds drama infused, lazy, culture less vision, the company claims is what they strive for.(Not the case) Would otherwise recommend this job/company. However this location does not reflect the core values of the company.

Pros

Work mostly alone, with decent ingredients, small clean kitchen.

Cons

Slow pace environment breeding grounds for childish nonsense!

Amazing compan

Excellent place to work and to grow. The team is very supportive and helpful. You truly can see team work effort in many of the projects. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone.

Jobs at Sienna Senior Living

See more jobs

Not worth it.

Dumpster fire is an understatement.Poor work ethic is rewarded, burnout is rampant, and staff turnover is constant. Those who refer to this place as Owen H.E.L.L are correct.

Pros

Cons

Countless

Good place to work.

Camilla Care Community is my mothers place like.This is my first job in Canada.It is nice to work there.Always we staff keep RESIDENT AND THEIR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY.

Pros

Staff are motivating and good team.

Cons

Not much organized.

Run away fast....

Although I was let go without cause, it was a shock and the day before vacation. But, it was also a bit of a relief, there was constant chaos and organizational changes that were exhausting. Was told many times what a great job I was doing, but in the end, it just didn't. My colleagues were and are all amazing people, it is just management that needs to do better.

Pros

Collegues and the residents

Extremely greedy management

You overwork for a small amount of money, excluding Director level. Management is a joke, they only care about how to increase their bonus and get extra pay premiums. They requested us providing services all the times. Extra worked hour never gets reflected back into employees pay checks.

Pros

You have a job

Cons

Overworked, underpaid and disrespectful

Bad management

Description for office manager should say business degree background. Hired me super unqualified and than forced to quit and be jobless because I left a previous very good job.

Cons

Everything.

A great place and wonderful environment and wonderful people to work

I loved working for the people with wonderful colleagues, great teamwork and friendly management people who are always ready and eager to help and guide the staff members

Pros

Flexible hours, understanding people, free coffee and juices

Cons

Staff shortage some times

Not worth it.

Honestly, don't do it. You overwork for a small amount of money. They don't pay staff what they should be making. You barely make over minimum wage. Management is a joke, they only care about themselves. Head office only cares about if they get their pay check at the end of the day. Residents get charged massive amounts of money for services but of course that never gets reflected back into employees pay checks. I put my blood sweat and tears into that place, and I get nothing to show for it. The residents are the only reason I stayed so long. I've seen so many employees come and go because the pay is low, they get treated badly, and they get fired for no reason. They can't keep staff for longer than like a month because the pay is so little. It was a good place at first but they went through like 5 general managers since I've been working. Gossip is ridiculous. Management is two faced. They make you pay for meals, and would rather throw out the food at the end of each meal service then give their employees a plate of food. I could literally go on for days. Wouldn't recommend working here.

Pros

The residents.

Cons

Overworked. Management. Little pay. EVERYTHING.

Great place to work! Highly recommend the kanata location

I currently work as a PSW and love working at my home as it gives me great experience for nursing school! My co workers and management team are great, and fully supportive of my school schedule, and always help out when needed. Although during this pandemic, its a stressful work place, our staff tries to make it as positive for the staff and residents! The only feedback i have would be to make the wages the same as the other competitors :) if you are thinking of apply at the Kanata location, I highly recommend.

Modern day slavery with a stipend

They require a lot from you but the pay is less than acceptable . And they charge their residents for EVERY SINGLE THING but no worker sees that reflected in their pay. Also, they have this dungeon tucked away in the basement they call a “lunch room” for staff -unbecoming!

New Family

Team spirit. No competition with any Managers. We are all in this together. GM helps everyone with anything. We all work together. Pandemic has added to our workload but we help everywhere.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

Short staff due to pandemic

Run away from the lake country lodge senior living. You will not be able to care for the seniors the way they deserve. their just isn't time.

It is a horrible place to be in never mind having to work there. I wouldn't even want to live there!!! the beds are hard. the pillows as well, Bring your own from home. You will not get the care you deserve because there are too many residents and not enough staff. Tell your premier NO to for profit senior centers. the owners are more concerned about the bottom line than your care or your comforts. they skimp on food quality, skimp of bedding, skimp on beds, skimp on staff so don't hold your breath waiting on call bells. At any given time I am answering 10 separate ones. Please don't go into this horrible facility unless it's independent living BUT not long term care!!! Your loved one will not be cared for the way they deserve. I'm sorry this wasn't true but it is.

Pros

Cons

No relief, not enough staff, all alone for 15 people, Impossible to care for all the way the care deserves to be given, depressing place with no music or sounds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sienna Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3