SIENNA SENIOR LIVING Employee Reviews

Support is great
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON15 November 2018
No day is the same resulting in an exciting career choice, albeit with challenges. The job is what you make it. Work life balance is encouraged. Head office support is exemplary- sometimes support availability does not align with need.
Working with seniors is the most rewarding piece of the job and next working with the dedicated staff that serve this population.
As a manager there is freedom to manage within the policy framework and this is encouraged to meet the needs and desires of the client.
There are some challenges including attracting employees who are not familiar with this sector but who can take a break from their desk and join in a dance with a senior in the middle of the day!
Pros
Rewarding work
Fun, safe and rewarding
Recreation Aide Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2018
The staff, volunteers and resident are always great to work with. I had never had a problem working at sienna living. I would also recommend many others to work there.
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON7 November 2018
I work as a Dietary Aide at the Ingersoll location. My boss is amazing and so accommodating. We have a really good team I would say. The residence are so lovely. By far my favorite long term care home I've worked in. I'm always happy to come work for these lovely people. Just like any job, some days can be hard; but overall I would say I typically have really good days here. I get descent hours considering I am a casual. I really do enjoy working here more than I thought I would. Cannot wait to spend years working here.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short staffed
Great Corporate Culture and Very Supportive
Senior General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2018
There is great support across the company and high level of teamwork. There is also tremendous growth opportunities to grow and support for your advancement in your career. Very forward thinking company with passion and care where residents are always in the centre of everything.
Pros
corporate culture, career growth, passion and care
Management is horrible, worst I've ever seen
Nursing (Former Employee) –  owen hill, barrie2 November 2018
I worked at the Barrie Owen Hill location for years. It used to be ok until the current Executive Director/ Administrator came. She is awful, very unprofessional, gossips about staff loudly in the middle of the unit, bully's staff out the door. No one stays more than a year, staff turn over is very high and it's no wonder! If you're a Registered staff I would definitely stay far away from this place, I saw nurses being pressured into working double shifts all the time, and harassed if they ever said no. The office manager is the only decent manager.
Cons
No employee recognition, bullying, no support from management
Great Company - Winner 2017 Most Admired Corporate Culture
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 October 2018
I have been with the company for around 5 years and have seen lot of growth in the company. Lot of employees get promoted. I see some other reviews talk about a culture of "not caring", frankly I have experienced the opposite. Great company to grow your career with.

The company won the 2017 Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures™, check it out at https://waterstonehc.com/cma/awards/winners/

As with any company focused on growth and continuous improvement there is a quite a bit on the go, so if you are willing to roll up your sleeves, work hard and get rewarded, this might be the place for you!
Great People
Support Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 September 2018
The people at Sienna make all the difference. I come to work each day to be surrounded by people who care, who strive to do the right thing for residents, team members. It is a great culture
Great management, team, and culture!
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 September 2018
Management is always understanding of personal life. They put a lot of trust in their employees and always compliment a job well done.

The team is super friendly and always willing to help.

Flexible work hours.

Overall, a great place to work!
Great Place to Work
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON24 September 2018
Great company, cares about it's employees. Lots of growth. Most people are there for a great cause, and want to give back, whether they are in Support Services, or the Communities/Residences directly. There has been lots of internal promotion during my time here. The CEO really cares about Sienna's employees, and really values their opinions. It's a hard industry to be in, given staffing issues, but Sienna really tries as an organization to go above and beyond.

The growth here has been incredible.
Pros
Quality of work life, the employees, the CEO, Flexibility, Goodlife Membership, Lots of Perks...
Cons
The industry pitfalls, short staffed, police checks when the government has not updated their database in years, but all industry rather than company related
No value and never be respect with their employees
Finance (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 September 2018
They make their employees feel no valued and have never been satisfied with their work . Sienna management and board would focus on how to make money from their residents and push employees work over 24 hours,.. most directors set these as their goals.

We have education allowance but they never approve except you are their favorite or relatives. Anyway, we do easy to find these in Sienna -- fake benefit, work unfairly and stingy bosses..

Penny-pinching and worst management ! Extremely, you are working in Operational Finance! Run away..
Pros
Good location
Cons
Greedy management, miserly, inequitable...
Not impressed
Recreation Director (Former Employee) –  Bobcaygeon, ON5 September 2018
I worked for Sienna for 3yrs in LTC management. I quickly learned that if you didn't "keep up with the Jones" then your hard work and achievements went unnoticed for the most part. Management in the Home were cliquey and unprofessional. Most of the staff on the floor were/are wonderful and are there because they love the residents, but most of the management team is there for the title and status. Wouldn't recommend this place to work or admit a loved one to live.
RUN and RUN fast
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BC5 September 2018
overall not happy place to be in ,,, lots of changes by the management, pressure is to high, deadlines are to close ,,long hours, no time for lunch brakes and expectations are to high ,, run!
Not worth risking your license
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON30 August 2018
This company cares about nothing but profits even if it means sacrificing resident care. They believe that threatening people's licenses is the best way to get them to work, instead of creating an environment of support. Lack of orientation, refusing to pay staff for mandatory education, lack of appropriate staffing levels, etc.
Short, short, short
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC21 August 2018
It’s a newer facility so that is nice. But short more often than not. Staff always calling sick at last minute, with no one to cover. Usually on their Monday or Friday. More often than not being sent to other floors to fill in. Nursing supervisors are ok some are better than others. Supplies are always limited and maintenance is lackluster.
Pros
Lots of hours and positions available
Cons
Few supplies, short
Meh not happy
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 July 2018
Was offered the job and within an hour it was taken back without any real reason why... so feed back , but would explain... I feel they’re judgement

Not a great environment... I would recommend working with this company
Pros
Thought I I did great with the interview and shadowing process
Cons
But guess not
Lack of support and follow-up with issues and complaints
Registered Staff (current) (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 June 2018
Corporate values are not congruent with behaviors and decisions of both company and management team. Front-line staff are always short and the general feeling is that they feel unsupported as Executive Director focused on budget. DOC job is 24/7 and is required to be oncall in event of RN vacancy. Very poor work-life balance for Nursing management team, it would seem.
Pros
Kind and fair Nursing Management team, nice staff in general.
Cons
Unsupportive Executive Director, does not follow-up with concerns when brought forth, issues left unresolved, and not consistent in staff approach.
Slavery
PSW (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON27 May 2018
Always short staffed.. work yourself to death. Management horrible. Unreasonable demands made on staff, impossible to achieve. And yet, they still try to get staff to do even more!!! Never a Thank You for a job well done.. soul-destroying job..
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Slavery
Not worthed stress
Environmental services Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
Very cheap and unorganized company. Blood suckers in the upper management are not to be trusted. This company is run by people who get promoted on backstabbing others not by their quality. I would not recommend working here or having my relatives live in these homes. Very low pay, job culture is non existent, lots of backstabbing,
Pros
Working with seniors
Cons
Lots. low pay, no trust, harassment, incompetent leadership in homes and head office.
I am working as a RN. The job is very challenging and have to use a lot of skills to deal with issues on daily basis. The great place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON28 April 2018
I am very impressed with the company creed, mission, vision and values. I am so grateful with DOC, ADOC for professional support and personal growth. Everytime, I raised concerns, l always get response. Management treat me with respect comparing to my other workplaces. The communication has been very good to me personally.I can walk in to speak in person, email or call management anytime. I strongly recommend this company.
Pros
Healthcare shift work.
Cons
Not for me, may be travelling
Improvement needed
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 April 2018
A lot of improvement is needed in terms of communication between management and staff. Staff need more support in terms of floor help on an ongoing basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIENNA SENIOR LIVING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9