Sienna Senior Living
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Sienna Senior Living Employee Reviews

Canada174 reviews

Poor Management, No Job Security

I worked at a Sienna home for a few months. I did well but struggled to fit in with my co-workers. I found that to be a requirement of the position. It was impossible to keep your head down, to focus on caring for your resident's and to stay out of the drama. PSWS who were there the longest were typically very unkind but had total security with their positions. Overall toxic.

Pros

I loved my resident's and the general expectations of the job

Cons

Walking on eggshells around management, catty co-workers

Only good working there because of the residents and families

I worked there for almost 5 months , just got off of the probation period and they fired me for missing two days . The housekeeping management sucks and they play favourites . They the management is poor and unorganized. The staff are rude and treat other co-workers poorly. And the building overall needs work . Over the job was pretty simple but if I had to say if I would recommend to anyone I would say hard No. absolutely disgraceful they don’t need more staff they need better work environment and staff and management

Rewarding career with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development.

Compassionate and caring work environment. Frontline are top notch, many of whom are long standing team members. Caring for our residents is the best part of the job!

Housekeeping was fairly easy and enjoyable. Repetitive work, once you get the hang of it you’ll be fine. I didn’t mind working here, everyone in the housekeeping department was very friendly and helpful, this job is mostly independent work.

Profit over everything

If I could give 0 stars I would. Pay scale is pathetic Workload is horrendousManagement only care about themselves no support ever. Constantly denied time offManagement doesn’t respect employee confidentiality at all There is no recognition for hard work HR is a joke with absolutely no idea what they’re doingPays are constantly wrong and take filing grievances to fix . Management give themselves bonuses while staff are drowning in work THEY PUT PROFIT OVER EVERYTHING!!! Including the residents care and well being.

Nice place to work

The staff and residents are amazing. Management took concerns into consideration and was personable. The pay is not enough for the job at hand. Decent place to work

Stressful & Management isnt too concerned

I didnt have an enjoyable experience with this company at the location that I was at, much of the staff were ok but ill willed towards the company and management who didnt seem to care as long as jobs were done. I personally found it to be a very negative work environment and I am happy to not be there

Stressful and pressure, with nurses expected to take on the workload of 2 people with no support or compensation.

Good people, disconnected management. Offer the staple "supportive balanced workplace" jargon, but do nothing to actually support the statement. Sadly, they do only the bare minimum to keep up with other companies. COULD be great, CHOOSE to be mediocre.

unorganized

I found this facility very unorganized, they are more worried about getting your 3rd covid vaccine then having the place organized and disinfected properly. it seems like everyone i ran into worked there less then 2 months and don't know what was going on.

Not a good place to work

Horrible management. Give up your life as you won't get any time off even if you book in advance. Very high turn over, understaffed, over worked and management doesn't address your concerns.

Very good place to work at , good environment

Good place to work for new nurses , and psw . Staff are friendly. Pay is very decent as well as bonus especially during the pandemic. Can also get a raise

Lovely place of work. management kinda sucked towards the end. basically managed ourselves

the residents were amazing, made it all worth while. Although i definitely wasn’t paid enough for the tasks i was completing every day, and i didn’t always feel respected and heard by my superiors. Very fulfilling job though, would recommend the same position at a different home for more compensation

Too much demand for little pay

Working as a nurse and then promoted toManagement was a great learning experience but the company is totally blind as to how the senior sector works … money and numbers and how things “look” are more important to the senior management than the quality of staff and type of client they are bringing in .. they allow concerns to get swept under the rug , they allow residents to struggle to pay bills instead of helping them come up with a solution to better fit their lifestyle .. like perhaps moving onto another facility that accommodates, instead they upsell andPressure staff to keep up beyond their scope. They make minimum wage … the nurses are payed their lowest in the region … and the CEO is as arrogant as they come feeling quite confident in persuading, bullying and embarrassing staff into a culture that doesn’t suit their lifestyle

Excellent Opportunities

Sienna is by far the best company I have ever worked for. They are highly committed to the residents they serve and the team members they employ. It’s an amazing organization that offers growth within the company and many varied opportunities. Highly recommended!

Pros

Excellent Company

Cons

Low pay for amount of work

Pay is terribly for how much work they pile on the culinary department, expecting restaurant level service with minimum wage or barely above minimum wage with obviously no tips.

Staff and Residents are amazing !!! Everything else not so much!

Staff and Residents are amazing !! Everything else not so much !! Do you like to be over worked? Short staffed? 7 minutes to give a bath, then you will love this place!!!

Great Place to work

Enjoy working at Sienna. The pace can be busy but manageable most shifts. Great benefits. Shifts are eight hours. I feel supported working here and would recommend it to others.

Worst management ever

There 3 years and only had one good manager, they don’t care about the staff or the residents, it’s all about money. They raise the price to live there and take away services. Favouritism is a huge thing there, u could be the worst employee but if the manager likes you then no worries, if you stand up for yourself then they will make your life there horrible

Pros

The residents are amazing

Cons

Long term care with retirement wages

Amazing

Great clients, company and coworkers. It was fast pace, but manageable. Great work environment, felt supported by team whenever an issue arises,

Productive and fun place to work

Sienna is a wonderful company, however, management could be more involved in daily events around the home (ex. Being present on home floors, assisting dining room feedings, encouraging staff on floors…etc)

Pros

Best staff: friendly, efficient, caring

Management do not know how to manage.

This company only cares about meeting the minimum standards the government sets forth for resident care. There are a lot of people who chose a career in LTC and care about doing a good job. Most of the managers I have encountered over the years lacked problem solving skills that left employees extremely frustrated. They care about looking good rather than doing good. If they could match half the effort employees use it would go a long way in appreciating the work it takes to care of adults. No one is perfect but the lack of hands on experience is what is missing from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sienna Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement