Play YouTube video button

Canada108 reviews
Featured review
Sienna Senior Living selected this as a representative review
Very fulfilling job experience
Working for Sienna Senior Living was an amazing experience, Taking care of elderly people will always be a great pleasure for me. Helping people is a very rewarding job.
Revolving Door
Management here is a revolving door. Someone new a couple times each year. Our most recent manager was awesome. Residents were no longer complaining to staff and he was good at bringing staff together even if the work sucks. Its been hard during this pandemic but our management was holding everyone together. Then I come into work I find out he has been let go. This place is awful. I have been here a long time hoping it will get better but every time its looking better more change happens and never for the betterment of the residence. HO doesnt have a clue what goes on here. No one ever talks to us or the residents when they come in for tours. We just keep the place running. Don’t worry about us. Pay us what we are worth.
This is a very nice home to work if they have a good DOC and a management. The DOC has no power she dress like a club dancer. No dress code.
3 registered staff are ruling this place . They been working there 20+ years. No support to new staff especially if you from agency.you will resign soon or they 3 will make it happen soon ir they 3 will make it happen. Terrible place to work. No support from any staff, they have groups and you get nothing but stress. A lot of it. Better you go and use your time for something good than working here.
Pros
No pros, if you crazy then go and work here
Cons
No enough words to write it.
Great
it was great working at this place. The management and staff from other departments were very helpful. We had a good camaraderie. I would recommend this place.
My work experience includes a number of years in the Executive Assistant, Administration, Payroll and Accounting field.
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing several payroll each day (processing different location) and ROE's. I check in with the facilities and help them with any issues they may be have with hours that the might not be captured in the hours file and provide a manual cheque etc.

I learned working together with the management teams at the facilities makes it less stressful.

Being micro managed

Working together as a team and independently, providing excellent customer service.
Not recommended
The worst place to work....alwsys short of staff... hard to get a vacation, even if its emergency.recieving residents that they dont assess properly, so we end up of being abuse by the family or even the residents....work load is too much...and the management the worst...they dont listen to the workets complain...
Went Downhill Fast
When I first started at Island View Retirement, I loved my job. It wasn't run by Sienna Senior Living at the time. The pay was fair and workload was fine. The residents had good quality meals and the morale was much better.

Seinna Living came i with a lot of promises, but absolutely did not deliver! The cut the food budvet, slashed wages and piled our work load. Would not recommend. Mangers were awful and everyone was always so stressed out.
Pros
Coworkers, residents
Cons
Bad management, heavy workload, food budget, stress
Unethical and worst company
Awful. Don't waste your time! Completely clueless and corporate management are robbers. VP of operational finance can do whatever he wants. Disgusting company
Pros
Cons
Cheap, favouritism and stress workplace
Good Place to work
Good Place to work. Helpful staff and ready to co-operate to colleagues who needed help. Union is not so strong. Union does not help at all, it's just like a formal.
Where dreams go to die
Almost everything about this company is upsetting and disappointing. Had the most wonderful coworkers, honestly the best people. Management mirco-manages everything, doesn't support floor supervisors in their decisions or actions (will contradict supervisors in front of staff members). The rules were always changing to best suit management, nothing was ever standard and no one ever had the same response (even in the management team). Overtime was never approved even if needed (a critical incident, etc), suspensions given with no real reasoning. Disorganization (accepting admissions without the proper equipment or knowledge). I could go on forever...

Very little care for the lively hood and quality care for the residents, cost cutting measures that often risked the health and comfort of the residents. Floor staff were always very good at keeping these stresses and complications as far away from the residents and family members knowledge as possible.
Bad management
Ridiculous management always changes the procedures but lack of communication.
Force us not only balance the envelopes and expect no variances, but even a few hundred also need to explain to them.
Toxic Negative Workplace
Corporate needs to do a clean sweep of management. Most are never available when needed. They are always outside on a smoke break which is at least 10x a day. The make fun of staff behind they're backs. Bad bad management.
Pros
Only pros about this job is love for the elderly residents.
Cons
Bullying treatment from managers and senior staff.
Poor management on all levels
I worked at the Midland Gardens location as part of the support staff and to be honest, working there was depressing. The working condition was unpleasant. I felt bad for the nurses, PSWs, kitchen staff, etc., since they were overworked and underpaid. The stress levels were too high, leading to staff calling in sick frequently. This leads to further stress due to being short-staffed and trying to find coverage.

If you're thinking of working at Midland Gardens, try to look for other work, if possible. Although the staff members were super nice, management takes advantage of them. You would not feel supported or appreciated at all, if you decide to wok there.

Let me also elaborate on the management. Bullying by the Office Manager was common and widely talked about. He made an associate cry in front of other people, and he also expects way too much of his staff (unrealistic). He was very inappropriate and to this day, I still wonder how he got his position.
The WORST employer
I worked at Sienna for 8 months. Poor management - by the time I resigned only half the management staff knew my name. Management did not take employees concerns seriously. I resigned due to the negative mental heath affects I was experiencing by working here. Patients were physically harming staff and management did NOTHING about it.
Wage was horrific and you cannot support a family on it. Nurses thought they had more ‘power’ than they did and requested Recreation Staff to bathe and toilet their patients - which is not okay!!
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Management, wage, working conditions
Not a pleasant place to work
Majority of the staff were stuck in their ways and close minded. They did not like to train new hires and would avoid helping co workers when asked for help.
Terrible place to work, Terrible Management
This is a terrible place to work, management is awful and needs to be walked out the door, they bully and harass staff, absolutely zero staff appreciation, will even send notices at Christmas for family members to NOT bring in anything for staff appreciation, it is to be donated to facility and then staff still get absolutely nothing. Always working short and many staff are burnt out, some staff can come in late and get paid for entire shift, when this is brought to management they say "we are working on it" and it still occurs, however when other staff are late they are docked pay, complete favoritism at this facility. Managers hide in their offices and will not come to the floor to actually see the staff struggling with short staffing, managers refuse to assist, refuse to deal with issues brought forth, but continually are adding extra duties to the job routines. Families are allowed to bully and harass staff and management still does nothing about it. Work culture sucks, too many gossipy people from management to PSW's/nurses. Absolutely zero team work, only complaints hurled at team members even when they go above and beyond to assist the next shift. Our facility is extremely filthy and when this is brought to managements attention, still nothing happens. Many staff remain as they have pensions and vacation time built up over the years, but not one happy employee to be found, only complaints. Constantly have to check your pay stubs and there has been too many times my pay has been shorted, and vacation pay reduced until noticed by myself.
Do yourself a favor and
 - more...
Pros
Some staff are awesome, and of course the residents.
Cons
Everything, but especially management team
Terrible place
Terrible place to work they use the staff work them to the bone then fire you on false allegations. CEO is a Spanish Columbia who think she is white and no class on how she dresses. older staff are abusive to residents and they do nothing to fix or fire the abusers. understaffed underpaid. Very unclear place hardly clean and if theh do it's a terrible job. would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Worst job I ever had
Expect the most and reward the least. Head office has not idea what goes on in the homes. It is all about making money. Residents are not important.
Terrible upper management
Upper management is disengaged and disgraceful. Their slogan of “warmth of human connection” couldn’t be further from the truth! They are a cold company of senior executive women who seem to be out to prove how tough they can be! They are completely unfeeling and absolutely treat this as a business that does not involve the lives of our precious elderly. The only thing that matters is the bottom line. They treat staff like they are deplorable individuals who’s comments and concerns fall on deaf ears when reported to upper management. They care NOTHING for the residents! It is a terrible company that I will never work for again and would strongly suggest NEVER moving a loved one into this company’s establishments....regardless of where it is found in Canada! They are being sued by hundreds of families for a reason! Please heed my warning!
Great company to work for!
I oved all the people that i worked with! I was volunteering as a student when I found out about the job opening. I feel this was very helpful for when I interviewed for the position because management already knew who I was.
Residents were a pleasure to work for
A pleasant environment for both workers and residents at this retirement home. Opportunities for growth were provided for all workers. Inquiries were properly addressed, regular team meetings in place to provide updates to staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sienna Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4