SIENNA SENIOR LIVING Employee Reviews

Not worthed stress
Environmental services Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
Very cheap and unorganized company. Blood suckers in the upper management are not to be trusted. This company is run by people who get promoted on backstabbing others not by their quality. I would not recommend working here or having my relatives live in these homes. Very low pay, job culture is non existent, lots of backstabbing,
Pros
Working with seniors
Cons
Lots. low pay, no trust, harassment, incompetent leadership in homes and head office.
I am working as a RN. The job is very challenging and have to use a lot of skills to deal with issues on daily basis. The great place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON28 April 2018
I am very impressed with the company creed, mission, vision and values. I am so grateful with DOC, ADOC for professional support and personal growth. Everytime, I raised concerns, l always get response. Management treat me with respect comparing to my other workplaces. The communication has been very good to me personally.I can walk in to speak in person, email or call management anytime. I strongly recommend this company.
Pros
Healthcare shift work.
Cons
Not for me, may be travelling
A strong company making good strides
Retirement Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Rideau Retirement Residence26 April 2018
I've worked for Sienna for a short period, studying the company prior to applying.

Company dynamics start with a caring staff ... and a strong mind set.
When you give 10 times your best you will achieve 100 times the results, guaranteed ! I learnt that through a head office seminar at Sienna in Toronto... it was awesome

I was very lucky to have an outstanding GM at our retirement residence. I can't say enough of how grateful I have been for this experience, and the residents' are awesome.

I think the attitude you present is the outcome you will achieve.
Pros
After reading a book about seniors my mind opened towards being more understanding and empathetic
innovative
Patient Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2018
long flexible hours , great and respectable patients. Staff are energetic, fun, and outgoing, very nice people to work with. very fast paced environment .
Brand new.
ADOC (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON15 March 2018
While management has turned over. The current management group is working towards a better future for Sienna Living in Ingersoll. Hoping to build equity and a team oriented group. Diverse culture, willing to work with you, with time management you can get your work done. Benefits could be a bit better, but other then that. Overall it’s a better place to work then it has been! I highly recommend starting out here and continuing too if possible. I’ve moved up quickly in the two years I’ve worked there!
Pros
Willing to work with you, great place.
Cons
Could have better benefits.
Horriable management treating
Operation Finance (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 March 2018
It was good before the senior director brought in his ladies, then it became discrimination in the office, no one cares or supports staffs, unless it is the senior director's ladies
Pros
flexible working hour
Cons
overtime without pay
Stressful Environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON15 February 2018
The general staff is very caring and conscientious. This includes all departments. There is a problematic shortness of staff. The staff is working overtime hours to try to make up for this, but they are getting tired. Staff is hired and then they leave because of the conditions. Top management ( Executive Director) is running the place by hurracing the staff and making the staff feel that there jobs are in jeopardy, even though they are needed. This is creating a stressful atmosphere.
Pros
A job
Cons
A stressful atmosphere
Horrible place to work
Slave (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2018
This is a horrible place to work.. always short staffed so your constantly over worked and very under valued by management it's a very stressful work environment. I would not recomend this a place to work.
Cons
Long hours no structure
Great place for experience but not worth staying more than a year
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland Gardens10 January 2018
Great place to start out, amazing experience but very high turn over rate. Managers are completing ADOC/DOC amount of work with zero respect and are underpaid.
horrible management
Slave (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON17 December 2017
Stay away and run away. This company is run by lies and harassment on all levels. Employees and mid-managers are overworked and shunned daily. Don't expect anything from this employer.
No compassion or sympathy
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON7 November 2017
Sienna Living took over our facility and it has taken a nose dive. We are always short staffed, since management doesn't prioritise in filling shifts in, even though there's plenty of staff to cover. A typical day is crossing your fingers that you will be fully staffed, odd if you are, rushing around getting cares done, no one wants to work as team, and the nurses are too busy to assist. I have learned that big corporations should not be in charge of running long term care homes, the food has gotten worse and worse over the years, there is no appreciation towards the staff and recreation never assist. They walk around bragging that they make the same amount as the PSW and yet they do not have to get their hands dirty, and try to threaten the staff that they have the power to discipline. No one stays any more that gets hired, and the pay is mediocre. too many ADOCs, and yet nothing changes, at the same time when something goes wrong, they blame one another.
Pros
Cons
everything
Extreme bullying and harassment in Environmental Services Department
Aide (Former Employee) –  Glenmore, BC3 November 2017
Managers rarely happy with anyone including their hardworking employees. They do not know what they really want themselves and they set unreasonable expectations they would never be able to reach themselves. Huge turnover and inability to keep new staff due to EXTREME harrassment and bullying by senior PSW'S, registered staff and Management IH and the Ministry of health are invited to investigate and get to the bottom of this mess.
Pros
Nice Director of Care
Cons
Extreme bullying and harassment from secondary managers
Managment with the stick, not the carrot
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 November 2017
Management rarely comments on a job well done but is quick to provide public criticism at any opportunity. The management team at support office is consumed with a sense of self-importance.

They are cheap and regularly miss salary payout on time. First place that I have ever worked where I have to ask for my rightfully earned pay.
Pros
Non
Cons
Egotistical management. Don't pay what they owe you.
Very productive and fun place to work.
Maple Grove Long Term Community Care (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 October 2017
The area is nice and the staff/management are amazing. The rooms are nice and clean and the food is good . The building is beautiful as well and I like how the celebrate holidays and decorate the place .
good overall work place
psw (Former Employee) –  owen hill29 September 2017
good staff and management, they try very hard to engage and keep team members happy and appreciated. There are lots of staff appreciation events and the residents are lovely to work with,
psw
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2017
i really do not have anything to say

it was ok

try it for yourself

try it for yourself everyone will have different experiences
not everyone the same
Not a good place to work
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ON10 September 2017
Management is very unprofessional and not confidential; you hear stuff that you shouldn't . The executive director is never there and is loud and obnoxious when she is. High turnover rate . Since first starting, a huge decline in resident care and respect to staff.
Pros
There to help residents
Cons
Take staff for granted, over worked
Nurse Manager
Nurse Manger (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
Good company to gain experience, but high turn over rate. Pay is below average in their attempt to save money- not realizing the long term effects of paying a low wage to employees. No where is perfect but the co workers and residents make the journey worth it.
Very professional and well established
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2017
Sienna is an excellent company that values their employees and residents. The Silverthorn location has a supportive team of managers, dietary aides, PSWs and nurses.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Isolated location
No one in sight except you get hired by management referral
Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 July 2017
Poor CFO and Senior Director ~demanding , mean and one way communication person. Low-level staff are over worked and underpaid.

Steep hierarchies, unfair management treatments and conditions in the workplace.
Pros
Good location and hard working staff
Cons
Treating people like replaceable cogs, no communication and selfish arrogance management...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIENNA SENIOR LIVING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9