Because our attention and our working hours are mainly directed towards satisfying the whims and harassment of most of our managers, that are incompetent most of the time. So we don't really have enough time to satisfy our senior residents' needs, be it related to their care, or to their emotional status.
There’s good reason why nobody stays. Never experienced a place with such a high turnover. People come work a few shifts and leave almost immediately. Every time. It doesn’t take long to realize it’s a nightmare of a place to work.
Because nobody wants to stay, it’s a toxic workplace
Low wages and sub par working conditions.
Not treating their workers right and wages.
PSW’s are overworked and paid very low. It is supposed to be a retirement home but most residents must be in the long term care facility. They expect too much from PSW’s . 2 PSW’s per shift cannot handle 80 residents.
High staff turnover
In total they have 800 + job opening but in the last decade didn't build / open new homes. so this 800 available jobs are due to high turnover of staff.
Would you work for company that have so much turnover all the time?
Not sure where to begin. Wage gaps aren't a thing, people have worked for 10+ years and still make as much as some unqualified teenager that just started. Loads of double standards and playing favoritism with management and they constantly cut back on staff and resources while also raising the demands of the job then constantly nagging when things aren't up to their standards. Working here is like being on a hockey team that doesn't use skates or sticks then having your coach constantly yell at you for not winning.
Lots of double standards in this company. Nobody lasts long simply because it is one of the worst employers ever known.
- If you were to leave Sienna Senior Living, what would be the reason?31 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Sienna Senior Living?25 people answered
- What are the perks offered by SIENNA SENIOR LIVING?Answered by Sienna Senior Living
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Sienna Senior Living a better place to work?9 people answered
- Why would you want to work at SIENNA SENIOR LIVING?8 people answered
- What's the hourly rate for psw staffs?Are the hours great?8 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Sienna Senior Living?7 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at Sienna Senior Living?6 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Sienna Senior Living?4 people answered
- How often do raises occur at Sienna Senior Living?4 people answered