Siemens

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Found 134 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,946 reviews

room for growth

If you have a desire to work with a company that is world wide, and they promote hiring within the Siemens family, consider even an entry position. I have been with the organization over 10 years and have been able to move through different roles as my knowledge of the business grew. If you have a good attitude, and a willingness to learn - you can go far. There are offices around the globe in a variety of business.

Pros

Drive, professionalism and positivity is rewarded

Cons

not for the timid, you have to own your own career, there is no hand holding. Sometimes good people may get overlooked due to shyness

Had high hopes but cant wait forever for permanent status

Used as a temps for a VERY(YEARS)long time and then yrs on steady afternoons. Lots of hours at the beginning then called the day of for a shift that already started.

Pros

No job security for years

Cons

Clean, imtetesting work, management followed rules. Nice co workers. Very helpful. Close knit workers

Workplace that believes in investing in its employees

Siemens is a great work environment for someone looking to work for a company long term. They offer many opportunities for advancement and they pay very fairly.

Pros

Education and advancement

Cons

High stress for sales team

Great management team

Wonderful team members however no work life balance. Too much work not enough people to go around. Went through new systems implementation but resources available to support it were either too busy to help or worked non North America hours which made it a challenge.

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

It was fun and open culture to work and enjoy.

It was very responsible yet comfortable work culture at Siemens Canada Ltd. There was no bossing around. Easy flexible work schedule. Expected to take job with responsibility. Nice people and easy atmosphere. Liked working for Siemens.

Pros

Easy flexible hrs

Cons

No time to call it day. I could do it as I finish my job.

rien de particulier

Un emploi qui te permet de voir ta carrière avancer.

I enjoyed my time at Siemens AG. Ups and downs of course but overall a good experience and great co-workers. We didn't realize what we had until we left. Would recommend working for them and I would work for them again.

A calm organized workplace.

It was good for a starter job. Make sure to try new things, as they provide a good opportunity to branch out. They are good about break times and understand work and fun can be balanced.

Good company to work

I worked at rugged com division of Siemens now It was pretty innovative company at the time But I am hearing dominant Siemens culture sets in and innovative edge of the company at that location is loosing its steem

Fun to work, progressive.

Great place to work. One can progress by doing great work, good teams to work with. Work and Life is well balanced. Great benefit and bonus package for eligible employees.

Fast paced work inviornment

You had to be on point each day. Quality was crucial for Siemens to be successful. attendance was important as well. overall i enjoyed my job. swing shift was very difficult with children and a husband who also worked full time

Pro-active, relaxed yet focus environment

Amazing place to work, everyone is friendly and always willing and ready to lend a hand to assist you. Lots of great persons with effective reasoning skills.

Good place to work great management also easy going atmosphere They will train you right also lots of room for advancements for the right person awesome people as well

Enjoyed my time with Siemens

Excellent product breadth, and very high quality products. Good work/life balance and very good health care plan. Met some great people while working with Siemens.

One of the few best companies

This is one of the best companies I worked for. Everyone is ready to go an extra step in order to help others and support each others. One of the biggest advantages is working from home. Also, there is great work-life balance.

Never forget you're just a number.

Siemens Canada offers a lot of great benefits. Be aware when you apply / interview that there are multiple divisions in Canada (Healthineers, Smart Infrastructure, Digital Industries, Corporate, Real Estate, Software, etc etc) and that each division has it's own rules, benefits, and standards of employment. There are stock options, an excellent benefits program, good pay, and a bonus structure (if you qualify). There are lunches and breakfasts and holiday parties. The people are really, really great. Depending on the division, Siemens offers great work-life balance (working from home, flex hours etc) but that depends on your role. If you are in any type of Management function, you are expected to work overtime (12 hour days are not unusual) without complaining, and don't even think about going on vacation without your company phone. Opportunities for advancement depend on the division, and your manager can block you, if he chooses to. Collaboration between divisions is non-existent, and sometimes even in divisions, tech and sales don't get along. The inside joke is that "the Siemens way" means no training when you start a new job or get new responsibilities, you're just expected to figure it out. This isn't a start up. This is an established company where Management preaches a "speak up" culture, but it doesn't really exist. You may be able to wear jeans on Fridays, but this is still a really corporate environment with a lot of red tape and rules. At the end of the day, you're just a number.

Worked with an out of town rep for siemens

working with siemens was an overall enjoyable experience they have a lot of employees wow and lots of them are very kind we had lots of fun and got things done efficiently

A great workplace and amazing staff.

Siemens is a company that goes above and beyond to give employees challenging projects and also provides trust and support to help them meet those challenges successfully. While it offers benefits and perks like any modern creative company, Siemens is a culture that trusts that its employees will strive to do their very best work. Employees are also given stock options so that they know they have both a stake and reward in the company’s success.As for the benefits, Siemens staff are spoiled with flexible hours and vacation days, healthcare coverage, and extended parental leave – not to mention company outings and lunches.

fair work environment. startup like enviornment with lot of energy to finish the work. Easy to move within company and good management. Salary package was good. management is fair and friendly

The working enviroment was a bit sterile

The job was very demanding and for the amount of work involved, they easily needed 2-3 more people in order to keep up and get things done. it was so busy there was very little time to interact with other people.There were way too many meeting every week. The salary for the position was great.

Pros

Can work from home

Cons

Company is all on Wifi when it goes down you can't work

Overall good

Very rules focused culture that I found difficult. The company lacks a sense of humour and made it difficult to work in that environment. I left for a better opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K