Siemens

Clear
3.5Job security & advancement

Found 139 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,946 reviews

room for growth

If you have a desire to work with a company that is world wide, and they promote hiring within the Siemens family, consider even an entry position. I have been with the organization over 10 years and have been able to move through different roles as my knowledge of the business grew. If you have a good attitude, and a willingness to learn - you can go far. There are offices around the globe in a variety of business.

Pros

Drive, professionalism and positivity is rewarded

Cons

not for the timid, you have to own your own career, there is no hand holding. Sometimes good people may get overlooked due to shyness

Hostile Work Environment

This was a satellite office so I’m taking that into consideration, but I have never worked at such a hostile place during my career of 20 years in finance/program management.The culture was to pass the buck and play the blame game. If you are new you better watch your back and learn quickly because those who are too new to defend themselves will take abuse.

Pros

Pay

Cons

hostility, non-supportive, leadership lacking

Had high hopes but cant wait forever for permanent status

Used as a temps for a VERY(YEARS)long time and then yrs on steady afternoons. Lots of hours at the beginning then called the day of for a shift that already started.

Pros

No job security for years

Cons

Clean, imtetesting work, management followed rules. Nice co workers. Very helpful. Close knit workers

Workplace that believes in investing in its employees

Siemens is a great work environment for someone looking to work for a company long term. They offer many opportunities for advancement and they pay very fairly.

Pros

Education and advancement

Cons

High stress for sales team

Workplace culture

Well managed and organized company Helping employees to get knowledge and experience, spend time and money to provide education also provides training.

very stressful workplace

. Not a good place for an entry level .never had a chance to have a feedback of my job from my supervisor .however learned a lot from daily team meeting .

rien de particulier

Un emploi qui te permet de voir ta carrière avancer.

I enjoyed my time at Siemens AG. Ups and downs of course but overall a good experience and great co-workers. We didn't realize what we had until we left. Would recommend working for them and I would work for them again.

A calm organized workplace.

It was good for a starter job. Make sure to try new things, as they provide a good opportunity to branch out. They are good about break times and understand work and fun can be balanced.

Fast paced, great learning experience

Temporary placement with a Agency, started in shipping but had a chance to work in many departments really enjoyed my time at Siemens and still have remained closed with some of the team after leaving.

Good company to work

I worked at rugged com division of Siemens now It was pretty innovative company at the time But I am hearing dominant Siemens culture sets in and innovative edge of the company at that location is loosing its steem

Fun to work, progressive.

Great place to work. One can progress by doing great work, good teams to work with. Work and Life is well balanced. Great benefit and bonus package for eligible employees.

Good company to work for

Massive global company whose presence in Canada has been reduced several years ago. They have moved a number of typical head office functions to other locations which limits career opportunities locally. Employees are well treated and the company does support costs associated with furthering education when job related.

Heavy work load, lots of opportunity lots of support lots of expectations

Solid management when I was there and in my unit. My hi score does not apply to all units and may no longer apply due to personnel changes. Excellent products, training and reputation. Talented people throughout.

Good place to work great management also easy going atmosphere They will train you right also lots of room for advancements for the right person awesome people as well

Enjoyed my time with Siemens

Excellent product breadth, and very high quality products. Good work/life balance and very good health care plan. Met some great people while working with Siemens.

One of the few best companies

This is one of the best companies I worked for. Everyone is ready to go an extra step in order to help others and support each others. One of the biggest advantages is working from home. Also, there is great work-life balance.

Never forget you're just a number.

Siemens Canada offers a lot of great benefits. Be aware when you apply / interview that there are multiple divisions in Canada (Healthineers, Smart Infrastructure, Digital Industries, Corporate, Real Estate, Software, etc etc) and that each division has it's own rules, benefits, and standards of employment. There are stock options, an excellent benefits program, good pay, and a bonus structure (if you qualify). There are lunches and breakfasts and holiday parties. The people are really, really great. Depending on the division, Siemens offers great work-life balance (working from home, flex hours etc) but that depends on your role. If you are in any type of Management function, you are expected to work overtime (12 hour days are not unusual) without complaining, and don't even think about going on vacation without your company phone. Opportunities for advancement depend on the division, and your manager can block you, if he chooses to. Collaboration between divisions is non-existent, and sometimes even in divisions, tech and sales don't get along. The inside joke is that "the Siemens way" means no training when you start a new job or get new responsibilities, you're just expected to figure it out. This isn't a start up. This is an established company where Management preaches a "speak up" culture, but it doesn't really exist. You may be able to wear jeans on Fridays, but this is still a really corporate environment with a lot of red tape and rules. At the end of the day, you're just a number.

I learned a lot from the people at this workplace. It has helped me grow professionally. I remember good training practices and great environment to learn

Consider the position you are applying for and how your current or past positions relate to it. Make a list of some of the key tasks you do in a typical work week. Review your list and check off the tasks that match the requirements of the position you're seeking. Focus on those tasks when answering this question.

Ejoyed working

Friendly environment Good co workers advanced equipment good culture learning opportunities Not very well organized excellent diversity fair pay and good salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K