Siemens

Siemens Employee Reviews for Technician

Found 85 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,945 reviews

Bon companie

Bon companie good Great place to work Good advantages Nice wrok atmosphere

Management is unorganized. Too many chiefs

Coworkers are great for the most part. But management is a real issue. Very hard to get answers to questions like "where am I working today?" There have been Several mornings I'd call 3 different managers trying to find out which job site I was scheduled to work at. Sometimes I'd get an answer by 9am, Sometimes I would sit at home waiting for a phone call. Great benefits and pay but the culture is declining.

Pros

Company vehicle, great benefits

Cons

Terrible management/lack of communication

Contractors is all they want,

They only hire contractors with no perm positions in sight.If this doesn't bother you then go for it. Good place to launch your career and good place to learn.

Pros

flex hours

Cons

only contractor jobs available

Boring but people are real and don’t lie to your face

I liked it just not my lead lol but if you’re looking for something that pays the bills and is pretty simple once you learn then this might be the job for you. You don’t gain sales experience or really anything like that but you get to learn something and that’s better than nothing

Pros

Break room is awesome

Cons

Can’t get a hold of management and they suck at handling things

Good employer

Lots of training, competency checks and regular briefings to keep employees informed and involved. One of the cleanest depots i have seen, however electric trains are generally cleaner than diesel trains. Ckeaning goes on 24 hours a day.

Pros

Free lunches during Covid. Clean and tidy working environment

Cons

Planned maintenance can be repetitive

Pretty good job

Went there through a temp service and they immediately started reading me like family. The hours were long but i only worked 4 days. Since i went through a temp service i didn't get benefits but learned my pay wasn't the same as others.

If you're thinking about it...don't do it.

Siemens is honestly a fantastic company. But at New Kensington, you will spend every day wondering if you'll have a job tomorrow. Even if you're a great worker. Leadership is way out of touch and they hire & layoff REGULARLY. Zero job security. Site Managers want their yearly bonuses, so when times are slow they'll lay off 50+ people. Then 3 weeks later hire new people. Rinse...repeat. If you live in your mom's basement and need some extra cash, this is the job for you. But if you have a family to support and need a solid income, look elsewhere.

Siemens New Kensington is not a good place to work.

A typical day at work involved working with co-workers who sometimes wouldn't work at all and some making more money than myself. I learned that the company could care less about the employees though they preach that they do. Management is a joke. Most of which has no background in business management. Their only motivation is their bonus even if it means turning out a bad product. Hardest part of the job is dealing with management. They don't live by the policies that the company has established. Most enjoyable part of job was leaving after my shift.

Happy to work here

Well paid , good working conditions , good management. Relaxed attitude and great training , not much advancement. Everything is covered to do your job.

Long hours, good pay but hours varied too greatly.

Industrial repair shop essentially. Take in warped pieces from hydroelectric turbines and reshape them through induction heating to cook out imperfections. Recasting was far too expensive.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Weeks between jobs

Great Employer

I worked for Siemens for four years and found it to be a great company to work for. The upper management where in the main very supportive and encouraging. Like any job it had it had good and not so good days, but the good were definitely the the norm. Unfortunately a change in personal circumstances led to me having to leave, but I would definitely recommend Siemens to anybody.

productive and micromanaging place

i worked there for 15 years, about 4 years ago a new supervisor became a nightmare, he micromanage me and it made the place unbearable to work for. It was a pleasure at one point now it became a nightmare

Lack of ability to improve processes

Lack of ability to improve process Very low IQ local manager and management This would have made a big difference This is a local problem not global

very productive, keeps busy

a typical day was to come inside the plant, talk to previous shift and get filled in with what is going on per day. Management is fairly good. some ups and downs, but mostly straight forward. best part of the job is it is very relaxing. hardest part is communication between other shifts.

Pros

free lunches. and lots of paid time off. (18 days).

Cons

busy and communication

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

A good place to work depending on who the manager is. Benefits like health insurance vision, and dental are great. Overtime is available depending on customer demands. Safety is a must.

Productive Workplace

Productive workplace with supportive coworkers. Opportunities for individual contribution. Opportunities for collaboration. Opportunities for growth and development.

It has good times and bad times its what you make of it.

All of the mangers come from fast paced production lines so the take the same approach that there used which causes they to fail and take there anger out on workers bring the moral down in the long run nothing is ever prepared to start working we always have to find each job one by one needle in a hay search which causes everyhing to be late.

Pros

Good people

Cons

No tardies

Good working environment.

This relates to my time in Perth, Western Australia. Definitely need to be self motivated if on service as most of the sites are manned with on site engineers so all the mechanical was taken care of. Some migration project works used different working solutions than Siemens in Norway/Europe. No middle management and very little senior management input during my time in Perth but the office ran very smoothly, work schedules etc were on time, with the occasional work social events,. I would say that the work ethic is good, some days you are working alone paired with learning new products, routines and expectations being the most difficult part of the job. The satisfaction of completing projects probably attributed to making the job enjoyable but most of all was working with some very good and like minded Engineers, although the social events were good fun too!!

productive and well conditions of work place

met the set targets by the company within a given period of time. working with this company was a very big challenge for we worked in a very hot zone areas, and in security too although we tried and met the set targets by the company.

Pros

free launches

Siemens

Enjoyed working there, would still be there if company didn't relocate. Management very flexible with hours and family life. Terrific atmosphere and diverse workforce.

Pros

Great clean environment.

Cons

Production promotions lacking.

Greensleeves

Worked afternoon shifts was laid back lifestyle.Pulling letters from sorting machines.Changing belts for sorting machines.Restarting plant many times and rebooting network as there were so many power failures.Refurbishing electrical contactors,changing electronic boards.Had a few greivances so i esculated it and got greensleeves.Saw the company was top heavy and had un paid account so they retrentched the team.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

No xmas bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K