Siemens
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Siemens Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Found 110 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,945 reviews

Pro-active, relaxed yet focus environment

Amazing place to work, everyone is friendly and always willing and ready to lend a hand to assist you. Lots of great persons with effective reasoning skills.

Productive and good place

Good place to work and grow if ready to put more efforts. Good work life balance and benefits. Overall good place to work and stay long. Sometimes pressure might be more but will be recognised.

Pleasant place to work

Enjoyed spending time with my coworkers. When I had a question, I could usually find someone with an answer. Pay was good, work was challenging but goals were clear.

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Can be stressful leading up to deadlines

One of the best big companies to work for

I have worked for Siemens for 15+ years. I left the company for better pay and now I regret it. Siemens has the best work culture. Very ethical and excellent teams

Productive and Fun

I have worked with them for a while now. Helped me understand the difference between good content and great content. On a side note they taught me what contextual marketing is and I use that term as in conversation as much as I can. Communication is great as well, which has seemed to be lost in today's time. Look forward to growing my business with them

Stressful and aggressive work space

Work is very stressful due to the poor management. They do not care about the quality of the product. Design flaw is carried to development and the developer takes the responsibility if he identifies a design flaw during development, even he is not on design review board. The Code quality is very bad: high level nested loops are everywhere and deeply nested hashmap are widely used. Benefit are good.

someone would expect more from Siemens

I worked in Siemens s.r.o. in Prague. The company is "Siemens" only on the name. The company is a bit mess. Some low level managers create a toxic environment, since they really do not have management skills. Most of the projects there have a duration of 1 to maximum 3 years and after that they fire you. They behave like a leasing company where they take short term contracts from other companies. They give you a permanent job position and when the project expires after e.g. 2 or 3 years they terminate your job. This is their business model...It is really a pity such a big company not to have the same quality of workplace in all the countries. For example I have friends that work in Siemens in Germany and there is really awesome.

Pros

good coffee

Cons

everything else

Good place to work .good work/life balance.good company culture.good learning curve.Many of projects are using latest technical stack.Open for new ideas

Productive, Challenging and Fun Workspace

All the employee are cooperative and supporting, they help you understand the things first and explain how to solve the problem. All employees are eager to learn new things and develop something using it. Many research projects are taken up, that help the employees to learn new things and test there knowledge.

Pros

Gifts on different occasions, Celebration of different festivals, Team dinner

Dysfunctional place to work.

A dysfunctional place to work. Goals change daily. Continually pressured to implement features quickly. Coworkers take a long time to answer questions. Each manager builds his/her own team silos.

Pros

always have more than enough work to do.

Cons

benefits are minimal

Good Company but Poor Vision

Good Company but Poor Vision of Management. Many initiatives have been taken but no conclusion. Technology wise not up to the mark. No onsite opportunities for Test Automation.

Great place to work, good and supportive management

Great place to work , good and supportive management , good work culture , food subsidy is good , Good work Life Balance

Good company

Good company but a lot of politics at all levels. Talent and hard work takes back seat in such scenarios and people doing politics and boot licking tend to go up.

Healthy environment

Healthy and friendly environment to work. Appreciation is given for small achievements also. Seniors are understanding. People are collaborative and supportive.

If your'e ambitious and yet looking for work life balance too, then this is the place to be. Quality of work depends on which project/department you get to work with.

Good Culture

Job Work/Life Balance is good Salary/Benefits are good Job Security/Advancement good Management good but not much interaction Job Culture is good learning wise less

fast paced but rewarding

since i was only there for work experience in year 10 i didnt do loads of difficult work since it was well above my level but what i did do was enjoyable and rewarding when completed

Professional and well organized work place

Learned very well in this reputed company and its fun being a part in agile teams. Management is very cooperative and the office timings are quite flexible

Great work environment, good people (Siemens BT)

Pros + Great salary package. + Very nice and humble people to work with. + Work life balance. + Plenty of training is provided. Cons - I worked for Siemens BT (Building Technology) and they were still working on a product they created two decades ago. Out dated and dying out fast. - Siemens BT head quarter (Zurich) treats low and look down upon Sydney team. - Siemens BT sold their hardware department and headquarter is not happy of Sydney team and thus constantly creates obstacles for them.

Wrong place for young talents

If you are young and ambitious, Siemens is the wrong place for you. If you are having a family and need good work life balance, it is the right place for you.

competative

Good company With supporting Staff. I have work exp in meanstack development in blockchain technolgy. Daily standups, and task were given .weekly presentation were happen about the task

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K