Siemens

Siemens Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Found 155 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,947 reviews

Insights into Siemens

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good team in Edmonton

Very good team in Edmonton, very difficult industry to be in. This company is in a bit of a rebuild, trying to be more competitive in the current market.

Pros

Great office enviroment

Cons

Long Hours

You're Expendible

If you haven't been with the company for more than 10 years, you're the bottom rung of the ladder and they let you know it. Less senior employees are paid pennies on the dollar compared to their counterparts. They changed the pay raise system to essentially eliminate pay raises to newer employees, while the older ones will receive raises AND bonuses. I wouldn't recommend joining this company. If you do, get out before the 2 or 3 year mark. You won't be allowed to grow within your role, despite being required to perform tasks way above your pay grade.

Pros

Remote, Decent Benefits

Cons

Poor Work Life Balance, Stressful Environment, Nonexistent Compensation

It’s a job

Take a numbers, you’re about to become one. They do pay as promised and they always have bonus money laying around. Don’t expect help, you’re an island.

Pros

It’s Siemens

Cons

It’s Siemens

Frustration

The company is very territorial by department. As a new employee, it was almost impossible to know who to contact if you needed assistance from another department.The company has a very intelligent workforce.

Pros

Freedom to run your business

Cons

Poor leadership from immediate manager. Plausible deniability!

Leadership Nightmare

Leadership and Operations Management Nightmare!! Worked on the ops side for a year and half as a Project manager and constantly struggled day in and out. The place is such a mess. Never enough technicians to support the customer base and constant lip service from management how they are hiring but can never find anyone! Completely Pathetic!!! Management doesn't take any accountability for anything. All the issues are the employees problems not them!!! Topdown bullying! So many other companies with much more support and management that actually follows through and cares about the employees and customers.

Pros

Salary is Ok

Great place to learn

I worked for Siemens for more than 10 years in very different functions. The company has great training offerings and can help you get a well-rounded picture of business. It is up to you though to make this happen.

Pros

Almost endless options to work globally in different functions

Cons

You have to leave to then turn your training into money

The company is not loyal to your loyalty.

I was a loyal employee for 32 years. I worked holidays: Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving, arrived at work at 1:00am so that product was ready to fill at 7:00 when the Fill department arrived, worked numerous 80 hour weeks, I received excellent reviews. New Management arrived and my responsibilities were taken away, I was told at my first 1:1 meeting that I no longer fit the company profile. 6 months later I was laid off along with numerous other long term employees

Siemens Com Is a terrible place to work

Why, cheat and steal… While I worked there they marketed a product, (The 8000) Which we found was not actually ready for the market. Their clients griped, complained and sued. And it seems that most of the problems were blamed on the staff rather than the company that released a not ready for prime time product. Money was tight so the bonus structure was eliminated. And they cut the staff to the bone.

Pros

Cons

They broke every promise he made to the staff in to their clients.

High Stress

Unrealistic goals and expectations for project managers which adds more stress than normal from upper management demands. Lacks proper from sales teams and engineering. Co-workers are nice it’s the setup that pits co workers against each other trying to get ahead. Yearly raises and bonuses are disappointing with how they use a merit system. Good company to start with, gain the experience they offer a good path for education

Pros

Can fully work remotely, training program is a positive

Cons

In experience, engineering and sales department

Best Experience

In my career at Siemens, I faced never unfair behaviour or any action, Siemens management I found very supportive in all assignment, I found very good team work.

Productive and fun work place

Good environment, supporting management, enjoyable work location, As my position gains working knowledge in the area. Working in an international environment with different cultures

Demanding Position

Minimal training and guidance but has improved over the years. A lot of good coworkers that are friendly. PTO is hard to take and in a management position you are on the clock 24/7.

Exciting place to work.

It is an exciting place to work with new things to learn everyday. New technologies are being created everyday and that adds to the overall satisfaction of not being forced to work with the same products day in and day out.

Great company to work for!

Highly recommend it you want to feel like you have a purpose and voice at any level. One of the largest companies in the world and it's strength and structure are great for either gaining experience or planting roots.

Fun, transparent and work-life balance

Transparency, speak up culture, multiple stakeholder management, communication protocol. Hike is up to market standard. Adopting to changes. Always looking for improvement and open it express our ideas. Work is very well recognized.

The company has a lot benefits, it includes medical and home office, etc. most of us reach the projects in the scheduling previously set, the importance for the employee is good

Overall Decent Company

Overall a decent company to work for. They invest in the professional development of their employees and provide good benefits. Promotions from within is usually preferred and dependent on connections. a Work hours are flexible and completely discretionary of the employees so long as deadlines are met. Compensation could be improved and more competitive with market.

Project Management

Understand customer problems and provide good to have solution. Costing and budgetting on eavery activities on the projects. Time Management for every activities in order to complete the project on time.

Awful

Terrible management and no direction. Weekly meetings were a joke as management only wanted tp present the best possible face to upper management. On the other hand there was plenty of parking.

Start developing a new Medical Aid System on the Siemens mainframe

Start developing a new Medical Aid System on the Siemens mainframe using their Codasyl database Complete system including accounting system with Ledger and Balance sheet

Revenue Goals are only thing that matters

From the top down company is strictly focused on meeting unrealistic revenue goals and growing that each year. Some good people but many of the best leave. High stress environment, frequent reorganization, poor management practices, nepotism, inconsistent and unclear direction to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K