Siemens
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Siemens Employee Reviews for Engineer

Found 162 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,947 reviews

Nice workplace but severely underpaid

People are great to work with. Salaries are low, good benefits, frequent understaffing, management could use improvement. Overall, if they paid appropriately and stayed on top of hiring this would be a really awesome place to work. Unfortunately, lots of turnover for ground level positions.

You are just a number

Siemens seemed like a good company 11 years ago (2010) when I started. Every year it seemed to get worse. Our branch used to have fun team building events but every year something was taken away (even before COVID). Team culture seems to be now is stay way the best you can from the office. I haven't seen the branch manager in office in months and I come into the office everyday. Three years ago we were congratulated on a awesome year... Management thanks was giving us a cookie. Yes, I said that right, literally we were given a individually wrapped cookie... Gee thanks Siemens.... To Siemens you're just a number and they could care less. They just recently cut a bunch of jobs across the US and Canada to send to India just to save a buck while claiming they had a exceptional year. Engineering coming from India?? Yeah that's going to turn out well.. I don't see Siemens going in the right direction.

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Underpaid, under recognized, poor management and layoffs

Very good work culture

Very good work culture and good learning environment. Salary on time and good intensive. Paid leave and management good with timely salary benifit what want more?

Pros

Good management

Cons

Long duty hours

Technologically interesting.

Global conglomerate with excellent reputation. Strategic vision for the future. Integrity, focus on continuous improvements. Poor management, business is successful in spite of poor managerial decision at intermediate level.

Pros

Good Benefits, fair compensation, good technology

Cons

Poor management

Very stressful from the first day going live

They ask you to do alot stuff on the van in your own time and is not for everyone. It's a real roller coaster and you have to be on the ball from day one.

Pros

Van and tools all given to you

Cons

Too much non stop work and managers have no empathy

Do not work for more than 2 years or until you get to learn new things when you are a contract employee in Siemens BT division.

First of all I want to inform all of you that I joined Siemens BT division as a contract employee ( service engineer). I thought there might be better chances of growth when I joined Siemens BT. My seniors and team lead used as per their requirements. I have no issues. But I want to develope my learnability. But there were not any training sessions for contract employees. It was only for on roll employees. I tried to develop my skills on my own. I have done lot of hard work in projects regardless time and salary. But unfortunately my team leads only appreciated and gifted. None of the seniors were having time to listen me. They were careful about their jobs only. I found no growth in terms of career and money. So I left the job upon better opportunity . I would recommend you not to stay for longer time as I spent if you work as contract employee. Just get experience. Learn things and leave the job in short period for better opportunity . Because it's my experience nobody count your experience as contract employee even though You had hard worked and ability to get next position.

Exciting place to work

Best place to work with . very nice work atmosphere. All the Co-employees are supportive and Very good place to Learn and upskill yourself . It gives you opportunity to grow

Pros

Free lunch Very good Work Atmosphere

German culture

German culture.Detail on documentation and process. Lot of training and learning opportunities. Good for fresh graduate.Excellence work and life balance. Easy to get approval for day off or run any personal errands.

Pros

Free lunches

Fast paced with a lot of learning

Good place to work, you learn a lot very quickly. Decisions are typically made to cut short term costs by people out of touch with the rest of the company. They rely on people taking pride in their work and will work you hard if you let them; everyone puts in long hours. But they'll support your decisions when you draw the line.

Pros

Friendly attitude

Cons

Pay is lackluster

Very good job security, very poor compensation

Siemens aurangabad made high voltage electrical products like Circuit beakers, CVT, PT and all. The company is big but there is saturation because of no innovation. Things are pretty well layed out by Germans and in India people only replicate that. So the growth is less and hence the compensation is poor. The company struggles to make high profit due to very high material cost.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Poor compensation

Show me the money!

Between shipping jobs over seas (cheaper labor rates and benefits) and people quitting because of terrible upper management decisions, the moral is very low. It use to be people liked working for this company but not any more. Siemens (corporate) only concern is money, to the detriment of their customers and their employees. A good place to get experience but don’t plan to stay, the pay is terrible, the benefits are ok, you get the same type of benefits in other companies.

Pros

Good experience in a range of different systems

Cons

Everyone looking over their shoulder waiting to see if their job will go overseas.

"MICRO" Managing his or her employees (direct reports)

During pandemic COVID-19, I personally experience that work and family life are out of balance due to some managers have been "MICRO" Managing his or her employees (direct reports) and their behavior is considered by senior management is perfectly fine.

Friendly culture. A great environment. In most difficulties and challenging time all team member are there to support. Apart from work culture so many activities to keep mind relaxed.

good company going through bad times

Overall they have a very talented group of people working there. However teamwork needs to improve. Also employees do not speak their mind - worried about consequences.

Pros

working with very talented group of people

Cons

bad benefits and low salary

Very good work/life balance

Siemens provides a very good work/life balance. Being brought onto the team takes time but the support is very good. Co-workers support each other, but communication can sometimes be an issue.

Siemens Power is not a good company for a career

I have worked for Siemens Power for many years. The company has progressively declined over the last years due to terrible management, at all levels. As in any job, there are good and bad people. There is ongoing uncertainty and lack of direction from US and Germany-top management- about the future of the company, which continues to divide departments and layoffs employees. Managers who only think about the advancement of their careers, licking the boots of their bosses -there is no need to describe how this affects employee morale. In short, I will soon leave the company, since Siemens is not what it was and I know that many more employees are feeling the same way. If you want to work in a place where you will not have opportunities to grow, unless you have friends in managment positions, Siemens is the right place for you.At all levels the company continually incur in bad practices (administrative and technical), to the detriment of the projects, schedules and the most important, the quality of the products (turbines and generators), which continue to erode the image of the company. This is critical and will possibly be the downfall of Siemens Power.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Read my review

Siemens

good company to work with and look after you also opps for progression, ever changing and growing environment and always a challenge each day. Contracts awarded due to reputation of work.

Good job if your immediate work colleagues are good

good solid company, very stressful as an engineer and you get a lot dumped on you, pay is good and the job security is good. good if your team are good, but you do get put on.

Pros

good pay, paid lunch

Cons

long hours and no work life balance

No career advancement, same old..

If you join Siemens Energy, be prepared to give up any career ambition and be ready to clap for German leaders who keep rotating and take plum posts. If you are a low level engineer - don’t expect advancement as boomers aren’t going any where. Siemens uses this stupid phrase called, “you own your career”, when in reality all forms of career development need management approval. When you continuously prove or exceed your job level performance, the management always finds an excuse for not promoting (Ex: you lack network and some one needs to pick you, lack of budget - donno how come some Germans keep getting promoted amidst tight budget situation). If you are not looking for career growth, then you can get by here with average work..

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Low salary, lack of promotions

Avoid

To be fair, I was told to avoid the place like the plague as it had a largely ineffectual HR, IT support and project management. It was actually far worse than they described. Projects were badly underestimated from the get-go so you were constantly on the back foot. The quality of the TPWs was patchy to say the least. Many were more interested in socialising and moaning about IR35 rather than doing any actual work. Many would struggle to hold a job elsewhere due to their abrupt manner and limited skill sets so you could see why they chose to be transient workers. On the plus side, the long timers were very friendly, patient and willing to share their knowledge and help out with issues. Apprentices and grads are treated very well and there is a very active EDI group. The work itself is interesting and varied but unfortunately, the many issues gradually drained my morale until I dreaded going in to work.

A lot of bad managers. Boring job

A lot of unexperienced and bad managers no experience at all and No respect for women from specially managers and coworker from India. Favoritism among managers from same country and give their country men lead position. No carrier development. Air of employee do nothing and survived by a few who works hard .

Pros

Most coworkers are nice

Cons

Worst HR u

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K