Siemens Employee Reviews

productive, learnful
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
8 hour day,
lots of stairs. conduit bending wire pulling, wiring devices
management was good, so0metimes hard to get ahold of
culture was average constriction
Well known, international company with high level of good reputation.
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2016
Working with a small number of a team, multicultural and mutual understanding co-worker and employee. High qualified management team.
Everyone works in his position with full confident and cooperative with others.
Pros
Free cooffee
Structured business culture
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Ontario30 March 2016
Siemens is a highly respected organization, mainly from their structure processes which enables consistent results for both customers and the organization.
Pros
Facility to work in almost any part of the world
Cons
Process oriented organization
Combustion team
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 March 2016
Working in this environment is very exciting and challenging. Colleges are very friendly. ability to learn and grow fast
tooling assistant
Tooling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ON2 March 2016
Great job. Worked as a team with my tooling leader, iron workers, Siemens personnel and constructors personnel. To verify, obtain, request, inventory and return various parts for wind turbines.
good work culture
MCC Specialist (Former Employee) –  calgary24 January 2016
Salary is low as compared to engineering firms. Its very sales driven, not engineering drives. Its all about making sales with good margin.
Productive and busy work place
Electrical Engineer analysis (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2016
Always managing a new bid using Microsoft word/excel. I learned a lot of different skills at work such as time management is very important and always staying organized. I enjoyed working there for my 4 months coop and hopefully i find something with similar culture.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Traffic
Great company to work for
Mechanical Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Siemens is a well established company covering a large part of oil & gas industry in turbine repair as well as general repair and manufacturing. Well worth the time invested to grow ones career with.
Pros
Wonderful team environment
Cons
Lack of added training
Poor culture, poor management
business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2016
Management are often changed frequently. Minimum growth for individuals who have minimum experience. Work culture is very competitive and often determined by the employees political position within the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
A clean Inviroment, Friendly people and a fair Corporation.
Inventory Clerk Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 November 2015
Working for Siemens Canada give me great confidence in myself due to the trust and cooperation relationship the company have with employees.
A day of work mean, communication had to be the at the top of the list to make sure we meet dead lines to keep our customer happy.
Management always try to stay on top of the business and alternative solutions to any circumstantial issues that can arise on a day to day bases, for the prosperity of the company.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult or unhappy customers, and find applicable solutions.
But the must enjoyable part of the job, was to work with good people, who beside being friendly they have integrity, trust, pride on their job, and to do whats right.
I enjoyed working for Siemens Canada all those years.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
The termination of my Job.
Great work environment
Field Engineer (Civil) (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB19 November 2015
Very rewarding experience, professional development opportunities and a great work environment. Unique project with lots of experience to gain
friendly enviroment
electrical commissioning engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2015
Full of Challenge and new experience. I worked with high tech digital relay and high voltage test device. my colleagues were so nice and had warm approach. multi culture company with high performance.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
contract job
Process oriented business
Manager PMO, PM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 November 2015
For the most part, one is left to one's own to get the job done. There are lots of great people to work with at Siemens and the business works hard to cultivate a strong social conscience.
Great company
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2015
Great company with a knowledgeable staff. Always stayed busy with lots of work available year round. Lots of out of town work available in both commercial and industrial sectors
Work was good
Production (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON4 November 2015
Co workers were always fun, management was lacking. Very pushy environment with little understanding from management.
I did enjoy the job however
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Very little training
Work, work and only work.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2015
Its all about number crunching and head count. No recoganition for top performer.

Good work life balance and lot to learn from very expereinced people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Long Hours, No recoganition, Poor Management
Amazing Platform for newcomers to excel in their professional lives
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pakistan31 October 2015
I held this position during the pursuit of an undergraduate degree and it takes little time for students to understand how things work in practical world but I was very fortunate as I got The best environment and management which always made me feel home.
I polished my skills of accounting and finance by applying them in real life and all those Accounting Standards which were so difficult to understand when I was studying them now seems very easy to apply and one can get a lot of sense out of them.
The hardest Part of the job would be my presentation of the reports specially in front of managers and senior management and once you knew that it went good and everyone was happy with your work made it the most enjoyable part of the job as it boosted my confidence and determination to achieve more.
Financial Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON18 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
High Stress, Long hours but decent pay/benefits
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 October 2015
Management have very high expectations and dont count on 9-5 by any means. Good benefits though and ability to telecommute. Tons of layoffs but that's business i suppose.
Productive friendly enviroment
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2015
Great place to work a lot of the guys were really close, the work was repetative just a lot of conduit bending but the bosses were great and easy to talk to. Best part of the job was easily that it didnt feel like work half the time and the end of the day would come by quickly with a bunch of things compeleted. Only downside is its hard to advance seeing as youre on contract and i would want something more permenant.
Pros
Lunch near a food court, early start and off time so missed traffic.
Cons
hard to advance.