Siemens

Working at Siemens: Latest Siemens Reviews

Canada379 reviews

Found 379 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,347 reviews
canadabalancecultureprojectglobalsalaryplantlot

Excellent support with opportunity to grow

I entered this company at a lower level and after a few months they told me they liked my work ethic and offered me an apprenticeship. They treated me well while I was working there and really gave me a platform to grow and gain experience. They have a high standard of work and expect good results from you. So, expect to produce a high standard of work and you'll be fine. This was the golden era in my career as I've never worked for a giant like this before. If you can land a job here, consider yourself lucky.

Pros

More vacation earned the longer you work, higher class of work ethic, lunches and parties

Cons

I don't want to point out the negative things, because the pros outweigh the cons

Bon cadre de travail

Les gens sont bien gentils là bas. Je recommade cette entreprise

Insights into Siemens

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

productive and good working enviroment

working at siemens was a good opportunity to aquire experience on power and control wireing, installation, building of electrical panel and trouble shooting. The management are supportive the working enviroment is vory good.The haddest part of the job is when we have to work over night so as to deliever the project at hand then and the most enjoyable part of the job is when we back feed a 414 meggawatts power station.

Pros

subsidise lunch

Cons

eight hours of working

Productive and fun place with table tennis

A decent place to build your career with reliable management and good job security. Salary was below market average. Other than that its a good company.

Great company

Great company, very well structured company and mature management system used. And people are nice in general, normal paced. Only thing is that growth opportunities are not quite there.

Pros

Opportunity to grow, work life balance

Cons

Na

Un emploi d’usine sans plus

Il a un gros manque de communication. On se sent comme un numéro. Manque souvent de matériaux pour travailler. La gestion d’inventaire n’est pas adéquate. Les postes de travail sont pas ergonomiques, souvent mentionné pour améliorer l’espace de travail et jamais rien ne bouge. Il y a souvent des erreurs sur les paies. On n’a pas d’écoute avec la direction en avant.

Pros

Les pauses et repas payés

Cons

Compagnie mal gérée au niveau des priorités du travail à faire

Challenging, very high tech job.

Very rewarding to work at Siemens Healthineers due to the high importance of the imaging systems. Customers are demanding but they have to use the equipment for diagnosis and interventions. A lot of people leave due to the very demanding work. The secrecy of the salaries makes it difficult to know if you are fairly paid.

Pros

Training and colleagues

Cons

Work outside of business hours

Environement basé sur le développement personel

Culture d'entreprise basé sur le développement de talent il faut y etre patient et bien comprendre ce qu'est un plan de développement et de carrière. La direction est a l'écoute dans la mesure du possible. j'ai lu cetrtains commentaire mais ceci ne réflète pas mon passage chez Siemens. j'ai recu beaucoup de formation technique et de développement personnel. bon avantage sociaux et équilibre travail famille interessant avec un horaire d'été et flexible.

Looks good on a resume working here

The management even has good intensions is completly disconected from people.Atitude is more important then skills. Somehow undertandable but ...Overall good people

Stressful and draining

Service coordinator position is super stressful! Training was all over the computer and done from home offices - not very thorough. Half the training was useless and hardly used also unorganized and all over the place. Made it hard to follow along.Management was not very supportive and will say the role will take at least 6 months to even get used to.. yet they don’t give you the time to get comfortable. Managing 4 different email inboxes and taking calls on both your work cell and the regular work phone is overwhelming with such limited staff I believe it was 5 of us. SAP is an awful system to use (not user friendly at all). Met a few people that were very helpful and super nice.

Pros

Working from home, work life balance

Cons

Training is unorganized, Leaving drained and overwhelmed, not enough support

chill and fun but salary low

I was a new grad when I was interviewed in Siemens. They are friendly and respectful, especially know the boundaries and never ask too many personal questions. Working in siemens is a great memory for me and I will miss this great company.

Productive environment

I worked in the electrical substation construction projects. The work environment is fast paced and requires collaboration and coordination within the multiple disciplines working on the project

Nice

Worked there for several years running various equipment. Was there for 6.5 years. The work was ok, and the pay was good, shifts were good. No complaints.

Productive and Great team to work with

Have a good opportunity to grow inside the facility and achevie goals. Good team environment. Compentative pay.Good workculture Lot of overtime.company compensate for your effort and timer

Trash.

If you want to be treated like a piece of disposable waste, work here.No one is treated fairly, there’s always people leaving after they realize they deserve so much better. Trust me. Stay away.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

In Overall a good place to work

I've been working there for 3 months. Mainly people from India and the Philippines work there so if you are not a very outgoing person you might feel sometimes alone there. The job is not hard to learn, the most difficult part is the long hours of work since it's 1 12 hour shift mostly, and if you don't find someone to talk to is gonna be hard to let the time pass fast. The very worst part is the management since if they'll have a low production period they will just lay you off out of nowhere as they did with me. I left work one day and after an hour I received an email saying it was my last day there due to the low amount of work, so the management don't really care about the workers.

Pros

a good pay, free coffee tea, hot choccolate, good salary, you work 12 hour shift but only 3/4 days per week, evryone is very helpful

Cons

homogeneous environment: mostly Filipinos and Indians work there so it's a bit hard to make friends

A fairly decent place

Overall very good; you'll never get better holiday plans or flexible benefits. Management certainly could have been better, and it was too bad that they closed the place, otherwise many people would still be there.

I enjoyed my time, BUT frequent organizational and management changes.

I really enjoyed the team I worked with. Most of the time immediate management was supportive. Hours could be variable. Sometimes a toxic office culture.

Ample opportunities and great place to learn but stressful

Great place to learn and start off a career as there is ample opportunities globally and challenging work; profitability increase drive has made a bit of an understaffing problem.

Pros

Challenging work, global footprint and opportunities

Cons

Stressful, understaffed

Over all a good place to work.

People were great and helpful if you needed it. Pay/benefits were good. Company functions were a lot of fun, when they had them. They will also invest the time to get you trained if you need it.

Pros

Benefits/pay

Cons

Can't think of any

Easy going

Relaxed, easy job, good pay and benefits . Management at the time, wasn’t the greatest.More of a machinist job than a millwright job.All the co-workers were easy to get along with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement