Siemens AG logo

Siemens AG Culture reviews

Clear

Found 99 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,421 reviews

Great management team

Wonderful team members however no work life balance. Too much work not enough people to go around. Went through new systems implementation but resources available to support it were either too busy to help or worked non North America hours which made it a challenge.

Pros

Amazing people

Hostile Work Environment

This was a satellite office so I’m taking that into consideration, but I have never worked at such a hostile place during my career of 20 years in finance/program management.The culture was to pass the buck and play the blame game. If you are new you better watch your back and learn quickly because those who are too new to defend themselves will take abuse.

Pros

Pay

Cons

hostility, non-supportive, leadership lacking

very stressful workplace

. Not a good place for an entry level .never had a chance to have a feedback of my job from my supervisor .however learned a lot from daily team meeting .

It was fun and open culture to work and enjoy.

It was very responsible yet comfortable work culture at Siemens Canada Ltd. There was no bossing around. Easy flexible work schedule. Expected to take job with responsibility. Nice people and easy atmosphere. Liked working for Siemens.

Pros

Easy flexible hrs

Cons

No time to call it day. I could do it as I finish my job.

Productive and Fun place to work

Great place to work. Excellent work culture. You are encouraged to be creative while being productive. Great support system in place. I enjoyed working there and recommend to others

Good company to work

I worked at rugged com division of Siemens now It was pretty innovative company at the time But I am hearing dominant Siemens culture sets in and innovative edge of the company at that location is loosing its steem

A good fun work environment that is directly related to building employees moral thus encouraging employees to work efficiently. Great supportive management team.

Pro-active, relaxed yet focus environment

Amazing place to work, everyone is friendly and always willing and ready to lend a hand to assist you. Lots of great persons with effective reasoning skills.

Never forget you're just a number.

Siemens Canada offers a lot of great benefits. Be aware when you apply / interview that there are multiple divisions in Canada (Healthineers, Smart Infrastructure, Digital Industries, Corporate, Real Estate, Software, etc etc) and that each division has it's own rules, benefits, and standards of employment. There are stock options, an excellent benefits program, good pay, and a bonus structure (if you qualify). There are lunches and breakfasts and holiday parties. The people are really, really great. Depending on the division, Siemens offers great work-life balance (working from home, flex hours etc) but that depends on your role. If you are in any type of Management function, you are expected to work overtime (12 hour days are not unusual) without complaining, and don't even think about going on vacation without your company phone. Opportunities for advancement depend on the division, and your manager can block you, if he chooses to. Collaboration between divisions is non-existent, and sometimes even in divisions, tech and sales don't get along. The inside joke is that "the Siemens way" means no training when you start a new job or get new responsibilities, you're just expected to figure it out. This isn't a start up. This is an established company where Management preaches a "speak up" culture, but it doesn't really exist. You may be able to wear jeans on Fridays, but this is still a really corporate environment with a lot of red tape and rules. At the end of the day, you're just a number.

Ejoyed working

Friendly environment Good co workers advanced equipment good culture learning opportunities Not very well organized excellent diversity fair pay and good salary

Jobs at Siemens AG

See more jobs

Great people

Positive environment and good place to work. Lots of great colleagues make working there a pleasure. Most difficult part of the job was the unrealistic quantity of work required, which meant often working after hours.

Pros

Positive environment, ownership culture

Cons

Unrealistic work demands

A great workplace and amazing staff.

Siemens is a company that goes above and beyond to give employees challenging projects and also provides trust and support to help them meet those challenges successfully. While it offers benefits and perks like any modern creative company, Siemens is a culture that trusts that its employees will strive to do their very best work. Employees are also given stock options so that they know they have both a stake and reward in the company’s success.As for the benefits, Siemens staff are spoiled with flexible hours and vacation days, healthcare coverage, and extended parental leave – not to mention company outings and lunches.

Overall good

Very rules focused culture that I found difficult. The company lacks a sense of humour and made it difficult to work in that environment. I left for a better opportunity

environnement de travail sous tension

les patrons délègue trop de tâche au personnel, ne remplace pas les départs

Pros

respect de la vie privée

Cons

pause inexistante

Good pay and nice people/european german culture

Great place to work at. Nice people with european corporate culture. Flexible hours, good pay, free lunches, good corporate parties. Nothing to complaint about

Great company, great team to work with

I enjoyed my time at Siemens. A good company with a good company culture. I would work there again if I get given the chance. There are definitely advantages to working for a global company.

Pros

flexible telecommute work life balance

Cons

a lot of red tape

life at siemans

great place to work nice people and management i liked the company lots of training and safety good vacation time lots of help and over time to bad the plant closed

Pros

good work great people

Cons

Good life and work balance

A good company with a great culture. Amazing work and life balance. There is no clear career advancement for technical people. Most of the technical jobs are outsourced.

Pros

Compensation, flexible working hours, working from home opportunity, Good Life and work balance

Cons

Outsourcing technical jobs

Great Place to work

I like work culture. I like the management team. I have learned new technologies and the most enjoyable part of the job was the team lunches.In my opinion

Productive and Easy to go work place, with good Management

As an intern, it was a great time working in the company. Management always available to help and encourage with new ideas, very supportive. Utilized most of my time there as an intern learning new things

Good team in Edmonton

Very good team in Edmonton, very difficult industry to be in. This company is in a bit of a rebuild, trying to be more competitive in the current market.

Pros

Great office enviroment

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4K