Siemens AG logo
Siemens AG

Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Tillsonburg, ON

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,422 reviews

Fast paced work inviornment

You had to be on point each day. Quality was crucial for Siemens to be successful. attendance was important as well. overall i enjoyed my job. swing shift was very difficult with children and a husband who also worked full time

Interesting work

The job was good, the people on the floor most were narcissistic. Everyone knew more than the next guy.The supervisor was more of a buddy to people than a supervisor, didn’t have the back bone to effectively do his job.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

People

Great Place to Work

I had a very good experience working here. The management was ran efficiently, and the work was easy for me to do. I made a lot of friends here and the pay was good.

I learned a lot from the people at this workplace. It has helped me grow professionally. I remember good training practices and great environment to learn

Overall

Not the worst place to work, but not the best! Amazing when it first started out but as temp's came in the place started to become less enjoyable. Work was good, but the staff and leadership rolls needed serious development.

Pros

Wage, Type of work, Hours

Cons

Management, Job Secuirty

Very sophisticated work place and great culture co-workers

Excellent employer. Good wages, benefits and bonuses. Safety and Quality are number one. Nice co-workers.World wide known company as a great technology and good decision making.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Plant closure

Good culture and good people.

Great place to work. Strait nights took some getting used to but the staff was super helpful with setup and procedure training. Help was offered and given to those who needed it.

It was a good place to work untill they shut down

I set up wind turbine blades to be Painted then painted them using the help of a man lift pushed them into a curing over when finished. Cleaned up and set up for the next Blade if we had nothing to paint we helped sanders sand the blades prier to painting.

Pros

Good salary, good benifits

Cons

Plant shut down

Best job I ever had

Was an amazing place to work for and was the best job I have ever had. I would still be there if they didn't shut down. I don't think I'll ever find a job that matchs it.

great place to work

always busy, never a dull moment, things always changing. management was very poor from managers to upper level and corporate. people you worked with made it so you wanted to go to work.

Pros

some good goodies, free lunches time to time, great benefits and salary, vacation was great/.

Cons

communication was horrid, couldn't move up in the company, supervisors had favorites.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Siemens AG?

Compensation is adequate

Compensation was adequate. Management was pieced together and disorganized. Asking for employee input, not intending to use it but to simply make it look like they want their opinions.

Positive Place while the Time lasted

The plant has closed May 18, 2017 While the time lasted it was a great job and you felt like you were making a difference in the green energy initiative

Pros

Great pay and great people

Cons

Fiberglass can be irritating

Engaging and challenging work experience

Great job that required a specific set of skills and engaged employees to work on teams of 6 people plus the lead. Big learning curve to start as working with fiberglass is not a job I had ever done before. Management had heavy floor presence to help them see what was actually happening. The culture was very casual as breaks and lunch times did not have a buzzer system in place. Siemens expected their employees to be self reliant on getting the job done. Hardest part of the job being a team leader was trying to get 6 people with different personalities to work together efficiently. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were part of the green energy movement to help our environment.

Pros

Casual and engaging

Cons

Fiberglass in all of my clothes and car

Very dynamic, constant change

A lot of variables in planning and work. Always changing how things are done, which is great and I love being busy. Would be nice to have better planning strategies in place

Pros

always busy

Cons

poor management planning

Ever changing environment

Everyday brings new and exciting challenges in the aftercare department at Siemens. From master plan changes and weekly output challenges to staff and weather. The work that is done here is very sensitive to time and weather, and depends very much on the entire plant for proper functionality. I have created and designed many different shift rotations and process plans to keep up with the changes in our customer market. Trialed and developed new tools and for improved performance and reduced time.

productive

great company to work for, a typical day at work wasn't just to do the same thing everyday, it required me to actually use all components of my brain like memory to complete a days work.

Pros

catered lunches

Cons

rotating shifts

Great group of guys

Love the people i work with. a very physical job and makes you think constantly. Place is going through a lot of changes some for the better and some for worse. A lot of changes are coming

interesting low volume production

A typical day at work consists of being asked to inspect either grinds or repairs of wind turbine blades. I've learned a lot about the composition and construction of turbine blades. Management has high expectations for productivity that sometimes can't be met. The workers are well trained and generally easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when I have to inform the GL of major rework required to make the blades meet the customers specifications. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am the one who determines whether a blade is good enough to proceed in the process or not, and knowing that the blades that I inspect are held to a high standard of quality.

Pros

great benefit package

Cons

future production orders declining

Work was good

Co workers were always fun, management was lacking. Very pushy environment with little understanding from management. I did enjoy the job however

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Very little training

Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.

A new plant finding its roots.

Since the wind power industry is relatively new, especially in Ontario, Siemens requires an adaptable work force to handle issues in a seemingly reactionary way. For now, change is the only constant thing at Tillsonburg, which can be exciting because there are often new projects developing but frustrating as well since the pace of change sometimes doesn't meet expectations since Siemens is such an enormous organization and some decisions need approval from X, Y, and Z in countries A, B, and C. I worked in the Logistics department as a co-op student, and I found the entire experience challenging and rewarding. I learned a lot about the internal processes at the plant, and how SAP is used to plan, support, and evaluate them. Learning how to use SAP properly took some time, sweat, and blood, but it's by far the most transferable skill I picked up during my work term. A normal day at work would consist of running cycle counts on inventory, manipulating SAP appropriately so that stock levels match physical inventory, checking accuracy of various SAP transactions, correcting mistakes, talking to those responsible about the mistakes in hopes they wouldn't do them again (they did). I may ship or receive some items, order parts from suppliers, review certain quality reports regarding non-conforming material from our warehouse then work with the quality engineer and suppliers to make the material good again and get it back into stock. Overall my co-workers were really pleasant, although there are some pretty clear morale issues among the production workers directed towards -

Pros

Salary employees have decent remuneration, good benefits, and extra perks. Supportive co-workers. Freedom to initiate new projects.

Cons

Although I felt I had the respect and support of the people I usually worked around, some managers and supervisors would look at me like a stray dog when I spoke up at meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4K