Siemens AG logo
Siemens AG

Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,417 reviews

Interesting work and good teamwork.

An enjoyable place to work, friendly atmosphere. Good teamwork. The management were enthusiastic. Having the manufacturing facility adjacent to the office was a great advantage, I learned a lot.

Millwright

Was a great place to work until it got slow. Like all industry it ebbs and flows. Supply and Demand, If the economy is suffering so does the workforce.

Productive and fun environment to work in

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to work with many different departments and making daily responsibilities run smooth. The workplace was fun and everyone was willing to assist me in ensuring I understood my role and the impact it would have on the overall company.

Pros

Fun work atmosphere

Cons

Great place to work until it was moved out of country

Lots of great people. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Safety was a high priority. A good variety of work. Plant was clean.

Pros

Competitive salary & benefits, great people.

Cons

Plant closed in 2011.

n/a

Manufacturing of gas & steam turbines for power plants. Hired as an administrative assistant in the Human Resources Department.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

great managment

The best part of this job was that the plant manager was a person that made sure that as a shop floor employee you were important part of the team.

Pros

bbqs

Cons

some times not enough hours in the day

Siemens Canada was a great place to work for

I enjoyed my 24 years with Siemens Canada and previously when it was Westinghouse Canada.

My work life at Siemens Westinghouse.

We were a three shift operation,working static shifts I worked 11 pm. to 7am. Typically I would arrive early to go over the shift prior to mine with the afternoon operator, then either carry on with what ever job was loaded or load another diaphram for laser welding.. Over the years at Siemens -Westinghouse power generation I learned many skills ..I worked as a gas and plasma shape cutter operator,Fitter welder (tig Welding), Paint shop, and finally,CNC Laser welding and cutting. Our management team worked hand in hand with our labour force,, with very good communications and cooperation .we produced high quality extremely efficient Gas turbine engines,the largest 60 hz. turbine in the world.. Working here was a pleasure,, We had many company activities. ie::golf tournaments, family outings , Christmas parties ,etc. I've never considered my job hard, but more mentally challenging,, but enjoyable.. Learning new skills was by far the most enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

excellent wages, good benefits, good work environment

Cons

Plant closure and moving to the US

Productive work enviorment

I had an extremely pleasant experience working with Siemens in Hamilton. I learned to set goals at work and achieve my tasks one at a time while maintaining a good balance and situational awareness of all other ongoing projects I was dealing with at the same time. It allowed me to multi task while keeping my CO up to date on all progress and trouble tickets. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and learned a great set of experience from them.

Pros

High work tempo

Cons

multipule project leaders, lack of coordination.

Excellent working environment with cutting edge process and quality

While with Siemens I had a great glimpse into a 6 sigma controlled process. Continuous improvement initiatives were a way of life at Siemens. Cross functional Kaizen events were conducted weekly and this access to a wide skill set in various disciplines is very enriching. My managers were fantastic, the engineers were beyond intelligent and the environment was suitable for anyone.

Pros

Constant feedback

Cons

Short term employment

Jobs at Siemens AG

in Hamilton, ON
See more jobs

great company to work for

8 to 12 hour afternnon shifts i was all around maintenance worker helper pipe fitters plumbers crane work climbing brick laying oil house coolents for machines 25 years fork truck driver maintain trucks batteries snow removel blows pick up or dump trucks shipping recieving loadind unloading of transports near time of closing i can work on or drive cranes of most kinds as well as sling not really hard part in my job i learn the job and i did it well the best part of my job was meeting new people every day from all over the country ours and the world very interesting place to work i loved it i was sorry to see them move to the usa but thats life ..change is good one door closes another one opens ..

Pros

free lunches bags hats shirts all good wore them with pride

Cons

they had a union .........

great place to work , lots of new equipment, steady employment until it closed in 2011,

Co workers very helpfull some team effort required but mostly on your own so need good troubleshooting skills.

Pros

flexable with time keeping

Cons

closed down and moved out of country to the ...u s a

mismanagement again close the doors

great place for work, great people, mismanagement I loved this job

Great company with a strong base and ability to climb the corporate ladder

My day to day activities include preventative maintenance of wind turbines, troubleshooting turbine issues, and fill in site lead when needed. Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with many different technicians with certain skills in this industry. In doing so, I have acquired many skill to be able to complete my work in a effective manner. I would say the hardest part of my job would be the 280 foot climb we must complete in the the mornings. The most enjoyable part of my responsibilities is when we find and repair the issue with the turbine after troubleshooting it. It is very rewarding to get the turbine up and running due to what we discovered.

Na

blue collar employees great to work with - some management was difficult

Pros

na

Cons

na

Interesting place to work, challenging work

Not a bad place to work, sometimes challenging and exciting opportunities, projects, tasks available for employees with some initiitive. Good wages and a nice office enviroment. I made a lot of friends and enjoyed my job most days. Unfortunately being a foreign owned company the work was pulled out of Hamilton and moved to the US. and the Hamilton plant shutdown. Somewhat top heavy with Management types who weren't always in tune with the rank and file employees.

Pros

good wages, good office enviroment, good employees

Cons

foreign owned, management not in tune with employees

good place to work

in 37 yrs. i was only laid off twice due to lack of work friendly and helpful co-workers,knowledgable and cooperative management

Pros

straight days weekends off except for overtime

Cons

too many bosses

good job, badly run

Easy place to work but poor job satisfaction.Bad management, including supervision back biting,and lack of discipline created disrespect and mistrust between worker and management.

Pros

clean and safe work conditions

Cons

not a team environment

Siemens power generation very good company to work for.

Production supervisor overseeing manufacturing, machining, welding, and quaility assurance.Working well with other and co-workers is very important.Management is an important role in any company.Overtime is good, however too many hours can get tiring.Meeting daily requirement and earning respect from co-workers.

Production supervisor or process inspection

Acomplish daily production requirements.Health and safety is very important.Management is an assest.Working well with co-workers is very important.Sometimes too many exteneded hours.Meeting daily requirements and earning respect of co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4K