Siemens AG logo

Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Greater Sudbury, ON

3.5Job security & advancement

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,421 reviews

Review

I enjoy the flexibility of the family comes first dynamic. I have children, and they get sick, the play sports, and with proper notice, it usually is not a problem getting time off of work to be there for them. Also, the hours are flexible. I do notice however, as a temp worker for almost 3 years now, I find it discouraging to not know my jobs secure. Again, I have children and am raising them on my own, without knowing if my contract will ever become a permanent position.

Inexperience and lack of communication within management

Professional experience my time was during management change, the direction it was going was inexperienced, senior worker who was also lead hand controlled management and decisions were made hastly. it is a mom and pop shop with a big name on the door. The shop will do everything to make it appear profitable, but like any company if the shop doesnt make profits the big name just cuts it off. a constant threat while i was working there. Operations are small, but there rate per hour is Siemens rate without the same quality. With all the competition in motor shops in the surrounding area that charge a fraction of the rate that the Siemens shop does they were unwilling to adjust to the market and missed out on many shut down contracts.

Pros

Great opportunity to grow within a company

Cons

inexperienced management / hasty decision making without reason

A giant worldwide company

Co workers are great bunch of people.Management is great, easy to talk to ask question.

Jobs at Siemens AG