Siemens AG logo
Siemens AG

Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 46 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,422 reviews

It was fun and open culture to work and enjoy.

It was very responsible yet comfortable work culture at Siemens Canada Ltd. There was no bossing around. Easy flexible work schedule. Expected to take job with responsibility. Nice people and easy atmosphere. Liked working for Siemens.

Pros

Easy flexible hrs

Cons

No time to call it day. I could do it as I finish my job.

Left wanting in terms of cleanliness at driver facilities

As a class one driver, on the road for 10 days at a time, I found it disappointing the truck was not outfitted with a fridge. Driver facilities at all terminals from Winnipeg to Vancouver were old and had gotten to that point where they just don't look clean anymore I would call dispatch at 8:00am and not be dispatched until hours later far too many times. Not enough work maybe?

Ejoyed working

Friendly environment Good co workers advanced equipment good culture learning opportunities Not very well organized excellent diversity fair pay and good salary

The working enviroment was a bit sterile

The job was very demanding and for the amount of work involved, they easily needed 2-3 more people in order to keep up and get things done. it was so busy there was very little time to interact with other people.There were way too many meeting every week. The salary for the position was great.

Pros

Can work from home

Cons

Company is all on Wifi when it goes down you can't work

Good pay and nice people/european german culture

Great place to work at. Nice people with european corporate culture. Flexible hours, good pay, free lunches, good corporate parties. Nothing to complaint about

Productive workplace

Siemens offers great work life balance and opportunity for more and stages in your career path.

a typical day as a Safety Specialist

Most days were spent training employees, managing the HSE and QA and Security portfolios, meeting with the CEO and upper management to ensure they were up to speed with the HSE Management Systems, Managed OIS and RTW , and all WCB files and also was the contact for all contractor management internally and externally;

Pros

Management and Varied Day

Cons

job security

productive, learnful

8 hour day,lots of stairs. conduit bending wire pulling, wiring devicesmanagement was good, so0metimes hard to get ahold ofculture was average constriction

a small view to the office work

Typical day at work include :meeting ,layout and design fire alarm system ,customer internal and external answer to request, a lot of time behind the computer screen too .office work , witch is great when we have spend a long time on the field .it s allow now to share and use the knowledge you get before and apply it to your day to day operation . the workplace has change and we use an open space area , meaning you don t own our place,no more flower at the corner of your desk , no more family picture ,it does n t really matter that s always better than a 4 by 5 cubicle. , this change the way you work ,communication is a key and meeting on line or in person is a big part of your work Meeting on line is a must internally ,but it doesn t mean we don t interact with others ..You have more freedom in your work and more balance between you work and family life :We have freedom to work at home if necessary .Management is like any big company management ,they focus on work ethic ,work safety, ,day to day work operation . there is no hard part when you like what you're doing , i enjoy it any time of the day bad or good .

Great company to with if you enjoy learning by webinar

This is a company that has great benefits and work life balance. Training is always being conducted with much of it taking place via webinar. overall if you can have the opportunity to work here it can be very rewarding

Jobs at Siemens AG

in Calgary, AB
See more jobs

Good company

When I worked at RGH it was a great place to get started. However it has changed a lot since then. Cam is running the show now and I'm sure he is still a great guy to work with.

Pros

Great learning

Cons

Small company

Young management who don't respect you

I found the work culture to be perverse and centered around drinking activities. The management team was young and ill equip to provide support in the situations they put you in.

Pros

Corporate benefit's and RRSP plans were nice

Cons

Horrible leadership

run the other way

believe me you don't want to work here, and if you are desperate for a job, well better get a job a McDonalds at least your self steam and self respect wont be affected

Pros

great health benefits

Cons

management

Excellent place to work

The management of the company is very good, there is high regard for individuality. The multicultural environment gives you a very good exposure to work with people with different cultural backgrounds which also helps in the overall development of one's outrlook.

Pros

Good Training

Cons

A bit under staffed so there is excessive work load

Good and sustainable company

Good work/life balance, the company is constantly growing. Level of co-workers depend on each personality of the employee.

Pros

Work/Life balance, solid organization, relatively good benefits, opportunity for growth

Cons

Mid range salaries, heavy processes

Fantastic Company !

I love my job and i love my company. Siemens helped me develop lot of skills and balance work and personal life together. My manager is very supportive and helped me in growing myself along with the organization.

A very good work atmosphere.

I learned about H-VAC controls when I was working for Siemens. The project that I worked on was at the Alberta children's hospital. I also did work down town Calgary.

Employment summary

The day to day decisions were made in Germany or US. We had all the responsibility but none of the decision making capabilities.

Pros

Excellent products

Cons

Working culture

Big company problems, small company problems

Had good experiances with some people that worked there, however there was a massive disconnect between the very large office with alot of suit types, and the in the field blue collar guys. They will continue dumping responsibilty on you with no extra incentive or little to no chance of advancement.

Pros

Consistent Hours

Cons

Lots

Good Company

This is a good company to work for but it needs to be more managed by a Canadian Representative and not managed by out of country managers who are not familiar of Canada work ethics. The people are great!

Great place to learn

Fast paced environment with an emphasis on quality work. Apprentices and Journeyman alike are given ample opportunity to learn new skills in the controls environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4K