Siemens AG

Siemens AG

Siemens AG Employee Review

Stable but very bureaucratic

Stable but very bureaucratic. Very hard to make things work due to involvement of several personnel involved in all decisions. Cumbersome HR system doesn't help career advancement.

Pros

Stable company

Cons

Bureaucracy in all levels

3.0Job security/advancement

Toxic environment.

Toxic environment. Very cliquish. No room to advance unless you become a favorite of senior management. Some staff (peers) are good people but are unhappy. Poor management and unorganized. Senior management talks behind your back to not only other senior management but also your peers. Very unprofessional. Watch your back and learn to “kiss up” to the right people. Becoming friends with anyone senior management doesn’t like will make you a target. Was overall a very negative and disheartening experience.
Same location

Work, work and only work.

Its all about number crunching and head count. No recoganition for top performer. Good work life balance and lot to learn from very expereinced people.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Long Hours, No recoganition, Poor Management

A Great Start for Any Graphic Design Student

Trench Limited is primarily a manufacturing company, and as such, does not have a dedicated design team. My job was to fill that role when they decided that their long outdated marketing materials needed some sprucing up.As a Graphic Designer, and sole Design department for the duration of my contract, I handled all the stages and aspects of the design process. Each step of the process was filled with meetings and presentations with appropriate department managers, in order to verify and confirm the accuracy of the copy and data sets presented in the materials. Sometimes, it felt like trying to gather wandering cats for a photo shoot. Persistence pays off, however, as each project successfully brought to a close, and all the materials were published internationally.Overall, it was a valuable experience, and a humbling one, as I was essentially an individual designer working with a group of clients. I managed to design the materials without being limited by the various requirements by each department, which I realized is a valuable skill any designer should learn. The best part of the whole experience is realizing that my designs are being distributed in an international level, and that's a great feeling.

Pros

complete control of design process, independent management of timeframes, international recognition of final product

Cons

lack of creative collaboration, must bring your own equipment, no job advancement within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4K
3.7K
1.7K

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Siemens AG with

• Siemens AG
  • Stable but very bureaucratic
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?