Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Great place to work, learn, and develop.
Clinical Sales Specialist, Angiography and IR (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 June 2018
After spending almost 10 years working in Siemens in two countries, I can comfortably say it is one of the best places to work, specially when I compare with what I hear from counterparts in other companies working in the same business field.

The typical day at work would usually be a new small interesting challenge, going through it with a fun team to work with, and nicely rewarding at the end.
Diversity is a big thing in Siemens AG, which makes it even more interesting of a company to work with, I learnt a lot from my management and from my diverse colleagues, on both sides, professional and personal.

However, in such a competitive business environment of today, one needs a lot of self motivation, ambition and determination to cope up with this fast pace of modern days.
Pros
Excellent on-job training programs, a lot of fun events.
Millwright
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 June 2018
Was a great place to work until it got slow. Like all industry it ebbs and flows. Supply and Demand, If the economy is suffering so does the workforce.
Overall
Blade Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON6 June 2018
Not the worst place to work, but not the best!

Amazing when it first started out but as temp's came in the place started to become less enjoyable.

Work was good, but the staff and leadership rolls needed serious development.
Pros
Wage, Type of work, Hours
Cons
Management, Job Secuirty
good company
safety officer (Former Employee) –  Cairo, ON4 June 2018
training for all staff and conducting toolbox
evaluate the hazard and risk
manage subcontractors
prepare all reports (monthly , weekly , daily )
Environnement de travail agréable et respectueux
Technicien en alarme incendie (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2018
Travail et rémunération garantis
Employeur respectueux
Productive, Innovative
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC18 May 2018
Introduced to Abaqus and SC03
High level Management were not approachable.
Very professional culture.
Enjoyed the opportunity to grow within the position.
Pros
Professional environment
Constant Change of Management
Commercial Controller (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal15 May 2018
During my five years there I had 5 different bosses, I had a new boss almost every year, that required me a lot of effort from my part and from my peers to adapt constantly to new management and new leadership styles.
Productive, Innovative
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2018
Very busy days.
Introduced to SAP became an expert user.
Reporting Managers had open door policy. High level Management were not approachable.
Very professional culture.
Enjoyed the opportunity to grow within the position.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Big Company so learning is slow
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 May 2018
Siemens is a brand name. However the company is so big that the work is limited to your responsibilities. If you want to learn something new then its difficult to get the right opportunities.
Pros
brand name
Cons
very less learning
Very good
Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON5 April 2018
very good company to work for with good performance reviews, flexible work hours, responsible training, flexible supervisory and project management characteristics
productive, learnful
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
8 hour day,
lots of stairs. conduit bending wire pulling, wiring devices
management was good, so0metimes hard to get ahold of
culture was average constriction
productive and fun, my supervisor and manager are very supportive in terms of job that is need to be done, and typical day at work is usually 12 hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 March 2018
productive and fun, co - workers are very supportive and the supervisor, and my manager thanks a lot. a typical day at work usually 12 hours a day, four days on and four days off, from 5 am to 5:30 pm, two shifts. I learned many things especially my job as maintenance mechanic, management is okay, it's a nice environment workplace, the hardest part of the job is when you don't know what is really going on and the most enjoyable is get the job well done.
relaxed and constructive
CFD Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 February 2018
as an intern i got to learn a lot. my supervisor was helpful, active and always smiling. I do feel that I could have learnt more while working there if my project had more responsibilities.
Good Place
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 February 2018
the over all culture was not the best... felt gloomy at best but there were good people that work there. good job securement as they always seemed to be busy
Awful place to work
Jr. Business Administrator CS LD (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2018
Management was a bully. No help from HR. The culture is complacent No advancement opportunity. The position I filled was filled by 7 people in 5 years and has not been filled presently. The work was manageable and easy to learn. Work load is a good mix of skills so you learn a lot.
Pros
Learn good skills
Cons
awful work culture. Poor HR
Siemens
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2018
Siemens was the best company I have ever worked for. Extreamly organized and very well managed. The company treated its employees good and there was really no need for a Union. When the plant closed Management was dissolved and German people were brought to Canada to close the plant.
It was a sad day and Germans do not understand our Unionized system of Millwrights and Electricians.. its much different over there.
place holder
Supervisor/Staff Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2018
This employer treats some teams really well. It is a big organization with many benefits and diverse work cultures. There is a lot of bureaucracy around anything related to HR.
Pros
Big company with many areas of expertise to advance
Cons
Jobs in North America are not stable
Seems to be lacking
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2017
Not a bad company but leadership is terrible with no direction from the top. Salary is comparable with other organizations but has very limited growth potential.
was a great team
Regional Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indonesia24 October 2017
it was a great pleasure to worked with the people from around the world where understand of us, no matter hardest work we we feel like a big family, there was no limit between Boss and staff. was great management
Great Work / Home Balance
Project Manager - Wind Power & Renewables (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 October 2017
Great work and home balance. Overall culture very good and management support good. Only issue is advancement opportunities are few and far between for Canadian positions in the organization. Must travel overseas for other opportunities within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K