Si Systems

Si Systems Employee Reviews

professional, collaborative, productive
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC14 February 2020
I have worked with SI Systems only for 3 months. However, during my contact with few members of their team I could say they are professional, helpful and courteous.
Occasional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2020
I only helped out, with a few things around the office occasionally. But everyone there is very nice. I really enjoyed my time helping out, and everyone was very nice.
Si Systems is a headhunter and I was treated failrly
C# Designer and Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2020
I was treated very fairly at Si Systems and enjoyed the account executive I was associated with.
The areas of improvement would be to be more organized when coming to the end of a contract to have roles available to the consultant upon termination of a contract.
Nice place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2019
It is a fast pace environment.
They provide excellent training and perks.
Excellent work environment
Very professional and process oriented
Friendly environment
Good workplace
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2019
It's a great environment to start your career and learn as you go. They have a great training program the teach you everything with sourcing and find IT related resources.
Cheap!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2019
They do not give raises to employees, however CFO and other management (VP's) receive special perks. They really think their stuff does not stink. Some of the managers are quite good, however they do not stick around because of a bully culture. It is really too bad that upper management treats everyone poorly.
Awesome consulting firm. Great people there.
Application Support Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2019
Awesome consulting firm. Have been through them for contract work for a few years and they are the best... The people there go above and beyond to help find you employment and contracts.
Very impressed with professional environment
Records/Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2019
This company treats It's employees with respect and good pay wages. I would work with S.i Systems again any time. If you're looking for technical placement assistance the reps at S.i were very helpful in helping me to apply and interview with clients.
good place for beginners
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 August 2019
not enough growth opportunity, lots of favouritism, not a healthy work place. male dominated, good training for beginners, compensation not at par with competitors
Worst company to work for
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2019
Probably the worst company I've worked for. All the recent positive positive reviews were posted on the same day to bring the rating up. Fake company full of fake people. The management of the company is where all the problems begin. People start leaving when you have upper management (who have worked their way up by bringing down other employees) start terminating/firing employees based on favoritism. They have unreasonable metrics every month and you're not just supposed to work longer hours on weekdays but also work through the weekend to finish them. Being unemployed is probably better than being employed here.
Pros
Great IT Training
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, not so helpful upper management, no job security, low salary
Amazing culture and opportunity for growth
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton8 April 2019
After being with Si.Systems for over a year, I couldn’t be happier that I took this position. This role has taught me so many things and challenges me in the best of ways. The team is amazing and everyone truly wants to see you succeed.

An amazing part about this job is the room for advancement. There are tons of achieveable goals to hit to increase your salary and also move into different positions.
Great job for New Grads!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2019
Si Systems has a great company culture that cares for its employees! Great benefits, perfect opportunity to grow within the company, amazing training program to ensure each employee can excel!
This is my dream job
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2019
S.I Systems is a very fast passed environment and it really rewards those who are up for the challenge and can manage their time. The work involves meeting and creating relations with individuals seeking employment. It's a great feeling when you can empower someone's life by finding them a new job opportunity. The culture within is supportive and focused on individual growth and development.
Pros
Money, Culture, Opportunties for Growth
Cons
Occasional Long Days
Non-existent job postings
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2019
To the contractor/consultants out there, do not waste your time with SI. The recruiters call all the time, get you to jump through non-stop hoops and with every single "posted" job, the client cancels the job posting, which means they never had a job posting to start with. They call your references for every pretend posting and waste everyone's time. Very unethical and disrespectful towards their contractors. Would give a zero if I could.
Not transparent, not accountable
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2019
Never have I encountered a company that was not only dishonest, but makes use of tactics likes avoidance and non-transparent communication to sell a role. Contractors are humans, and should be treated as such. The lack of humanity and pure dollars over sense mentality give this recruitment company a very bad name. The reviews speak for themselves. In the future I will save my money, avoid the aggravation and find a representative that will work hard for me, and not just the client.
Cons
Dishonest Account Executives, Low Pay, No Humanity
Senior Telecom Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2019
SI systems was helpful to processions to find right job. Once you applied on their job portal they do contact you to understand your needs. They will work hard o find the best match job profiles.
Terrible to their employees
Friend of employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON4 May 2018
They constantly ask you to email them every hour to tell them what you're doing. Stay away, unless you like working for low pay. I advise you not even to bother applying to this unprofessional company.
I am an S.i. Systems Success Story - and I love my job.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2018
I've been with the company for 3+ years as an Account Executive. They have clearly defined systems, processes, and metrics. If you do the work, and are willing to continuously tweak your methods and improve, improve, improve - you will be successful.

I have a great amount of flexibility in how I structure my days.

I care a lot, and work hard, and have been rewarded with additional training and a pipeline for advancement.

The culture is my favourite part - I can walk into any office in the country and feel like I fit in. It's a culture of high performance, and it suits me just fine.

Hardest part - it's sales, and it can be a grind. Higher turnover than other industries.
Pros
High performance culture, tons of coaching, opportunity.
Cons
Turnover. Wish the health benefits were better. No mat leave top up.
Very unprofessional Liars
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 April 2018
They bother your references and waste their time for no serious offer. They make you think they have a lot of jobs for you but they have none. after wasting my references they never proposed single opportunity don't waste your time there are bunch of unprofessionals.
Worst company Rude employees
ID (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2018
They treat you like a slave working and earnng money for them. They talk rudely and give no respect. Dont trust them. they cna hire and fire you anytime.
Pros
Cons
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Si Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8