Si Systems Employee Reviews

I am an S.i. Systems Success Story - and I love my job.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2018
I've been with the company for 3+ years as an Account Executive. They have clearly defined systems, processes, and metrics. If you do the work, and are willing to continuously tweak your methods and improve, improve, improve - you will be successful.

I have a great amount of flexibility in how I structure my days.

I care a lot, and work hard, and have been rewarded with additional training and a pipeline for advancement.

The culture is my favourite part - I can walk into any office in the country and feel like I fit in. It's a culture of high performance, and it suits me just fine.

Hardest part - it's sales, and it can be a grind. Higher turnover than other industries.
Pros
High performance culture, tons of coaching, opportunity.
Cons
Turnover. Wish the health benefits were better. No mat leave top up.
Very unprofessional Liars
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 April 2018
They bother your references and waste their time for no serious offer. They make you think they have a lot of jobs for you but they have none. after wasting my references they never proposed single opportunity don't waste your time there are bunch of unprofessionals.
Worst company Rude employees
ID (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2018
They treat you like a slave working and earnng money for them. They talk rudely and give no respect. Dont trust them. they cna hire and fire you anytime.
Pros
Cons
Many
Not good company for contractors.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
These guys used my work references without a serious proposal, their explanation was because is part of their process. The I have to bother my previous managers 2 times for references, one for this joke SI System database, and other for a serious offer from another recruiter company.
Bad company to use looking for work as a contractor
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2018
Contempt for the contractor is built into their process. You have to jump through a thousand hoops to even register. Rigidity in their system does not provide the opportunity to show your strengths. The system is built to make life easy on SI Systems in robotic choices. You are not a person but a thing that needs to fit in a limited number of limited boxes. They also fill the job sites with old ads (over 400 days old, and you are number 120 to apply). In 16 years as a contractor, SI has never delivered any benefit for me, and cost more work than any other "pimp". Don't waste your efforts on registering. Go with the good guys like TEEMA, EAGLE, ADECCO or other.
Pros
Cons
Lots, forget them
Not reliable at all for SAP consultants
SAP consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2018
As an SAP consultant, they would make you sign a contract and cancel it few days afterwards before you even start working with the explanation, the client had decided to postpone the project.
Pros
Cons
NOT reliable at all
Bunch of unprofessionals
Job Seeker (Former Employee) –  BC9 January 2018
They post jobs with horrific mistakes in job description. Often make very little to no sense in what they demand from the applicants. They contradict themselves by asking for low level certification and few words later demand the highest certifications and credits. IT recruiters that don't even understand the basics of IT certifications and its hierarchical nature. Their job post are so bad that if you don't know them, you would legitimately assume they are trolling people.
Prepare to have no life
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 October 2017
They bring you in by selling you on how much money you can make and how much opportunity you can have.
Realistically, you are working a minimum of 60 hour weeks and are micromanaged to the extreme.
Managers do not trust you and have you send them by the hour what you are actually working on and who your calling.
If you leave at 5pm you get dirty looks from the Account Managers and make you feel guilty.

No culture at all. Very dry and boring environment. Constant pointless meetings.

Only good think I can say about the company is if your looking for IT recruiting experience you will gain good knowledge of the industry. But don't plan on building a career there.
Pros
Gain knowledge of IT recruiting.
Cons
Culture, environment, micromanaging, no trust for employees, no work/life balance
Worst place
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary24 April 2017
They hire and fire you. Teach you partial and expect you to do everything.
No job security or help from management. They are nothing like they say. Will be great initially and later they let you struggle with zero assistance and fire you in the end without giving you a proper chance.
Struggling company
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2015
Management is currently struggling with branding and processes. Short staffed with high turn over. You will jump in head first with minimal training. Good place to cut your teeth on serious work even if you are undertrained or inexperienced (very few tenured recruiters)
Pros
Solid clientele and workload
Cons
Poor management, high turnover