Si Systems

Si Systems Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Good company to work for with good training. Recommended for anyone looking to get into the IT recruitment industry. Regular hours at 8:30am to 5pm EST
I have worked with SI Systems only for 3 months. However, during my contact with few members of their team I could say they are professional, helpful and courteous.
I only helped out, with a few things around the office occasionally. But everyone there is very nice. I really enjoyed my time helping out, and everyone was very nice.
I was treated very fairly at Si Systems and enjoyed the account executive I was associated with.
The areas of improvement would be to be more organized when coming to the end of a contract to have roles available to the consultant upon termination of a contract.
This place overworks you. You get some good bonuses every quarter, but for the amount of time and effort you put into this job, it's not worth it in the end. There's little worklife balance. Micro-management style. Good for beginners, but there's no career advancement.
It is a fast pace environment.
They provide excellent training and perks.

Excellent work environment

Very professional and process oriented

Friendly environment
It's a great environment to start your career and learn as you go. They have a great training program the teach you everything with sourcing and find IT related resources.
They do not give raises to employees, however CFO and other management (VP's) receive special perks. They really think their stuff does not stink. Some of the managers are quite good, however they do not stick around because of a bully culture. It is really too bad that upper management treats everyone poorly.
Awesome consulting firm. Have been through them for contract work for a few years and they are the best... The people there go above and beyond to help find you employment and contracts.
This company treats It's employees with respect and good pay wages. I would work with S.i Systems again any time. If you're looking for technical placement assistance the reps at S.i were very helpful in helping me to apply and interview with clients.
not enough growth opportunity, lots of favouritism, not a healthy work place. male dominated, good training for beginners, compensation not at par with competitors
Probably the worst company I've worked for. All the recent positive positive reviews were posted on the same day to bring the rating up. Fake company full of fake people. The management of the company is where all the problems begin. People start leaving when you have upper management (who have worked their way up by bringing down other employees) start terminating/firing employees based on favoritism. They have unreasonable metrics every month and you're not just supposed to work longer hours on weekdays but also work through the weekend to finish them. Being unemployed is probably better than being employed here.
Pros
Great IT Training
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, not so helpful upper management, no job security, low salary
After being with Si.Systems for over a year, I couldn’t be happier that I took this position. This role has taught me so many things and challenges me in the best of ways. The team is amazing and everyone truly wants to see you succeed.

An amazing part about this job is the room for advancement. There are tons of achieveable goals to hit to increase your salary and also move into different positions.
Si Systems has a great company culture that cares for its employees! Great benefits, perfect opportunity to grow within the company, amazing training program to ensure each employee can excel!
S.I Systems is a very fast passed environment and it really rewards those who are up for the challenge and can manage their time. The work involves meeting and creating relations with individuals seeking employment. It's a great feeling when you can empower someone's life by finding them a new job opportunity. The culture within is supportive and focused on individual growth and development.
Pros
Money, Culture, Opportunties for Growth
Cons
Occasional Long Days
To the contractor/consultants out there, do not waste your time with SI. The recruiters call all the time, get you to jump through non-stop hoops and with every single "posted" job, the client cancels the job posting, which means they never had a job posting to start with. They call your references for every pretend posting and waste everyone's time. Very unethical and disrespectful towards their contractors. Would give a zero if I could.
Never have I encountered a company that was not only dishonest, but makes use of tactics likes avoidance and non-transparent communication to sell a role. Contractors are humans, and should be treated as such. The lack of humanity and pure dollars over sense mentality give this recruitment company a very bad name. The reviews speak for themselves. In the future I will save my money, avoid the aggravation and find a representative that will work hard for me, and not just the client.
Cons
Dishonest Account Executives, Low Pay, No Humanity
SI systems was helpful to processions to find right job. Once you applied on their job portal they do contact you to understand your needs. They will work hard o find the best match job profiles.
They constantly ask you to email them every hour to tell them what you're doing. Stay away, unless you like working for low pay. I advise you not even to bother applying to this unprofessional company.
I've been with the company for 3+ years as an Account Executive. They have clearly defined systems, processes, and metrics. If you do the work, and are willing to continuously tweak your methods and improve, improve, improve - you will be successful.

I have a great amount of flexibility in how I structure my days.

I care a lot, and work hard, and have been rewarded with additional training and a pipeline for advancement.

The culture is my favourite part - I can walk into any office in the country and feel like I fit in. It's a culture of high performance, and it suits me just fine.

Hardest part - it's sales, and it can be a grind. Higher turnover than other industries.
Pros
High performance culture, tons of coaching, opportunity.
Cons
Turnover. Wish the health benefits were better. No mat leave top up.
They bother your references and waste their time for no serious offer. They make you think they have a lot of jobs for you but they have none. after wasting my references they never proposed single opportunity don't waste your time there are bunch of unprofessionals.