Shred-It

Shred-It Employee Reviews

Lunch area is so good with different activities like Soccer board, Pool table and Vending machines, with so many electrical appliances like TV, Fridge, Microwave oven ec.
Pros
Free time to play
It would depend what your goals are, but Shred it can be what you want it to be for you, do lots of research as to what you want and make sure they are a right fit for you.
Pros
Very good wages
Cons
Always adding to your responsibilities.
Poorly managed. Co-workers are childish. No room to grow. The expectations are unrealistic and there is no concern for employee safety and welfare. They will have no problem sending you out in a snow storm with a faulty truck, and still ask you why you didn't complete your route (even if it was out of your control). Run, far away.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
High expectations, poor work culture, poorly managed, long hours, micromanaged
Treat their employees bad. No leadership at the branch I was at. Long hours and high stress work environment. Not a very team atmosphere and I worked / helped out at multiple branched
Ever changing corporate landscape and leadership makes things difficult. Salary is low but earning potential is very high. Would recommend working there but must be extremely motivated.
Good place to work for a young guy fresh out of high school or a new driver looking for work experience...not recommended for people that dont like a good physical workout each day .
very good team to work with just like a big family corporate is still struggling to get the safety culture at a maximum but with all the changes of personel in USA and Canada , things has to go baby steps Fortunately, employees are very cooperative
roulement de personnels trop élever et personnel de direction ne respecte pas ses employées
Fast paced marketing dept for both US and Canadian divisions. Great team atmosphere, brainstorming sessions and open-door policy to senior management.
One of the worst managed companies I ever worked for . The management was unfortunatelly completely clueless as to what the challenges of customer security representatives were and thus were consistently unable to assist the drivers to succeed . I am very happy not to be involved with them and if I had to doit allover again ?? I would never do so !!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shred-It?
Do you like not knowing what you will be doing everyday? Do you like not knowing what equipment( Truck) you will be tasked to use each day? On site or off site trucks. Do you like not knowing how to operate said trucks and power attachments because they are all different? Will it work? Will I get my route done? Do you like not knowing where anything is kept at each clients location 18 to 25 times per day? Then you will love this job. This is all learn as you go because there is 10000 clients the learning curve never ends. But the pay rate does, nor does it prepare you for a better career elsewhere.
They need to be more organized and they need to change the management group or to asked them to change their strategies also they need to be more loyal with their vice employees, for example, I worked with them for one year and my department moved to the USA and i tried to join with them in the others department but I can't Although I was very active employee.
Pros
full time job
Cons
loyality
This job is a good starting sales job if you want B2B experience. If you have any other aspirations or goals, this company is not going to fulfill it. No matter how well you achieve or sell. Company as a whole is in a huge mess. Limited number of spots to advance. Upper management is extremely comfortable in their spots and have lost their sense to uplift employees. Ethics is always questioned and always a battle between operations and sales. This job is great for flexibility, learning B2B sales but that’s about it. Compensation plan has been changed for the worse. There’s is a ceiling with this organization which can be demotivating for most. There are many other sales organizations that are healthier and more uplifting to work at. I would definitely recommend continuing your search elsewhere.
This company is not that great at all to much drama to deal with the guys are all for self and management is poor all they care is that the jobs get done and you finish your route I would never recommend anyone to work there the pay is not up to industry standards and level of pay is not worth the work load
Completely disappointed with the company, it is all about how much money, you can make for the company. The favouritism is ridiculous, terrible management. Very disappointed in my decision to work for them.
People who had been there 3 years recieved a raise of 25 cents. Work load was so tough people took there work home with them. I met alot of people crying telling me about there time there at Shred-it
Shred-It offers great potential for growth and a very capable management team that has a vested interest in your development and success. The culture of the workplace is laid back while still holding its sales apparatus accountable for its targets while not having these expectations exhausted upon its staff. Working here will open doors to an organization that continually seeks further growth.
I enjoyed my time working at shred it for the most part. I feel they could have done better training for the new worker instead of just throwing them into the mix.
Management works well with team members to ensure we have a positive work environment. It works to develop a positive work environment. The Team Members always work together and support each other no matter what area of the Country they work in.
Pros
Postive Incouragement
Cons
New Ownership
Unless you fall into an office groupie they will make this the most miserable time of your life... mississauga location ... lol you know who you guys are
wonderful people, great location I am only on contract
  1. Employee reviews