Showhome Furniture

Showhome Furniture Employee Reviews

I love working for Showhome Furniture

I have been working for Showhome Furniture for over eight years now. I have worked in the retail industry for over 15 years and they are the best company I have ever worked for. They offer a great, friendly working environment, they always pay me on time. Their family is wonderful and very inclusive. The fact that they are always giving back to the community and needy is inspiring. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a thriving working environment.

Stay away

Promises the world….broken promises….Underpaid, overworked staff…..Curious as to how they can be successful…..No benefits…..Always chaotic and disorganized……Undervalues their employee but impossible expectations…….Unprofessional communication from the owners…..Constant micromanagement……High turnover rates as the company is always hiring……Staff there are so nice which is the only perk…No staff discount for anything…..

Pros

Great staff

Cons

No overtime, no benefits, impossible work life balance

Generous companyt

"I worked with Showhome Furniture for a few years lived the family the owners and live that they sell Canadian made furniture. I was hired to oversee charity projects. And every month I am hired to find people in need and showhome pays to help them out. It’s the most rewarding job ever".

Pros

Fun, relax, great salary

Kind owners. Friendly co-workers. Fun workplace!

It's fun working at showhome furniture. The owners treat us all like part of their family. They are strict in terms of work but lovable and thoughtful. Their passion for helping other people in need is very contagious! Love their energy and positivity too.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Sometimes working on holidays

Productivity fun place to work

I work for this company for 4 years I was their warehouse manager and loved working with the owners and their Amazing family. They have the biggest hearts and are helping organize and pay $10,000 to go towards a charity in Guatemala! They are always giving away free furniture to those in need and really put their customers first. I left show Home because they couch me to start my own business

Pros

Team work

Amazing team! Not just part of a company but a part of a family!

I've worked with Showhome for almost 2 years now. The staff are welcoming and willing to help eachother out, really feel like a team! The owners are always helping with any situation and they are more than reasonable. We are treated like family and are rewarded all the time for our accomplishments/goals (I won a trip to Hawaii pre-covid earlier this year!!!!) Not afraid to ask for help or ask for anything, management/owners are always willing to work around vacations or day offs and make it happen, good work and life balance. Everyone cares for eachother workwise and personal life to ensure everyone's happy in each aspect!So grateful to be a part of Showhome! We also give back to the community which is so amazing not every business does this or even cares!The owners are honestly so great, we are treated fairly and they see when we shine and recognize us for our hard work! Hands down, an amazing professional work place, good environment, positive attitude, overall great atmosphere and energy everyday!!

Pros

Positive attitude, team work, hard work acknowledged, truly feel appreciated

Very nice family vibe

I loved working for the company on online marketing. The family is super cool and I love that they sell Canadian furniture. I made videos and did social media and was blown away by how much they cared about their employees and customers. Really genuine company and family.

Pros

Nice family

Unprofessional and disorganized

Poor management ethics from the owners. One day they are very happy with your job, the next day they are crazy mad, you hardly understand why. Kinda bi-polar. Associates operate out of fear, no one ever takes any ownership on their own mistakes, bashing other stores to get sales, throwing others under the bus just to be “favourite”... very weird place.

Pros

great hours

Cons

Very Toxic environment.

Fast Paced and rewarding work envioronment

The associate team, and also the management is very helpful for new workers. The behaviour of every person related is quite fantastic. The work is typically handled by multiple persons, that's why you will found that it's easy to overcome any obstacle while performing your duties

Super weird

Zero professionalism and everything they do online is contracted overseas. Their furniture is all from third world countries, they have no problem selling product from sweat shops. Singing family that pushes their kids to sell their overstock. Child labour, these kids aren’t in school? Just weird. It’s just furniture, but if you don’t buy in to the whole religious angle, you’re let go.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Showhome Furniture?

Part-time Work - great benefits and amazing management

I have been working part-time for Showhome furniture for more than 1 year now. I am blessed to work for this company virtually assisting inquiries, replying to comments in social media, posting in blogs, uploading photos, videos, etc. One of my dream job is to be able to work from home in a flexible schedule with higher salary than our regular rate here in my country. I learned a lot in working here. The management is great, the owners gives us detailed instructions on what they want to accomplish and give us follow-up if needed. The workplace culture is great too because they care about the overall well-being of their employees. The hardest part of the job is to think of other ways in order to increase social media presence especially when the conventional and most common ways do not apply. Nevertheles, the most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work in the comfort of our home in a flexible time.

Pros

Work remotely, easy instructions, good salary for part-timers

fun place to work..amazing staff

-typical day at work would be replying to emails about product or customer complaints -answering main phone lines -dealing with all customer complaints and inquiries -managing a staff of 10-15 on a daily basis -creating and sending customer Purchase orders to vendors -receiving shipments of product -assisting in sales when needed My co-workers are like family to me, we work together as a team, it is the first drama free job I have held. The hardest part of my job is keeping my work mind at work when I go home. It consumes me at times The most enjoyable part of my job is the atmosphere, everyone works together and rarely needs supervision.

Pros

Being able to work my own hours

Cons

no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Showhome Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement