Showcase Employee Reviews

my grandmother's job
Catherine Murray -Ontario Region Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 March 2018
my grandmother use to work for showcase as a traveling manager so she would go to different stores and
either fix the issues of why that store isn't making their target
or if they needed a new manager and she would go and train them.
Pros
learning how to be a good worker at a young age
Fun inviting workplace
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
Other employees were fun to be around, there was no conflict. Managers are pretty flexible and kind. For the most part the customers were fairly reasonable and patient. I worked seasonal at Showcase around Christmas so it was always crazy busy leaving little to no time for a break or for training. Helping customers was difficult as I received little training but I quickly taught myself about the ways of the store.
Productive and interesting
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bayshore Mall Ottawa ON.12 March 2018
While I worked here I learned so much about how to up sell and add on. I also enjoyed the various products that came and went within our store. We were always getting new stock and it would range from being about hair products to safer wallets to arthritis socks. The team I had upon being hired were a great team. My manager was firm but fair and the rest of my colleges were friendly and helpful. we supported each other and always were willing to help each other succeed.
Pros
Decent pay and shared resposabilities
Cons
no secure hours.
Fun place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 February 2018
Hours were short and terrible, pay was mediocre. My manager was excellent but honestly the only reason I stayed. Products could be very low quality so lots of customer complaints. As well no cash returns made for unhappy customers.
Productive Environment
Keyholder, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
A typical work day includes restocking of shelves, cleaning the store and meeting sales goals. I have learned how to navigate the "iVend" computer system as well as learn different sales techniques.
Benefits are worth it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brant, ON6 December 2017
The only thing that makes it worth while to be a manager is that you get paid for benefits. You do not have to pay a cent. But the Company itself is not worth the headaches.
Fun workplace with awesome products
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2017
Having products you see on television at your fingertips, and getting the chance to try them was an awesome way to engage the customers. You learn a lot about how these convenience items can benefit someone's daily life. I personally worked there seasonally and the environment was very positive. It was great opportunity to use customer relations skills when selling these products.
All they want is you to sell their products
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 November 2017
Which is like most companies but they offer products that are often made cheaply and try to make you sell a warranty that doesn't really cover much but can be expensive. Unethical. The management isn't the best.
Fun interactive selling experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 November 2017
Working at Showcase is unlike any other retail job. Its a constant learning experience about sales, products and leadership skills. The most enjoyable moments are interacting with customers and staff while playing with fun products.
Pros
Exciting products and great staff
Cons
Working alone
vast product knowledge
Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 October 2017
i enjoyed working for showcase, we had vast product knowledge, our sales targets were easily obtained, we are definately a destination store,
i was able to use my previous management skills to my ability in a new situation, my previous job expiereince was in a slow paced environment, with working at showcase it came very fast paced.
in 2015 i worked in lethbridge for 6 months to rebuild a failing store, and i did very well at earning the store money again, my productivity was the highest that location has seen since opening it.

the hardest part of the job was selling extra warranties, and explaining price differences for foreign exchange rates. i got a niche for doing this and found it very comfortable to explain the differences.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
failing computers at inopportune moments
average
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 September 2017
The job depends on management. Very slow retail cashier job. First manager was very easy going and very accommodating to the schedule and needs of employees. New manager was power tripping and attitude and did not treat employees respectfully.
Christmas employee/ demonstrating products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 September 2017
It's a nice friendly environment to work in. Other co-workers are friendly, the manger is understanding and easy to get along with, customers are nice. I was tasked to demonstrate a product at the front of the store, it was pretty cool and fun. It was great to demonstrate a good product. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Working at a mall
Cons
Working at a mall
Upbeat. fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
Show case was a wonderful work environment, there is never a dull moment and constantly has you on your feet. With high foot traffic there is always a customer or two inside the store. The hardest part of the job is staying up to date with the sales and promos as there is constantly new and old stock coming and going.
Pros
Upbeat environment
Cons
Showcase is a great job.
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 August 2017
I loved working there. It was a great time working with customers helping them to find the right product which they are looking for. Also, working as a cashier was quite interesting. The atmosphere was extremely friendly. My co-workers were very helpful.
Enthusiastic environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2017
I love working at Showcase; managment is good, my coworkers inspire me to work hard and it is overall an enthusiastic environment. Working at Showcase, I discovered that I thoroughly enjoy testing most of the products and demonstrating them for customers. A typical day at work for me would be organizing shelves, working the cash register, doing product demonstrations for customers, cleaning up, and learning about the products on my free time. The hardest part of my job is telling customers that our store does not do refunds, only exchange and store credit.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No return policy
Showcase in North Bay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON17 August 2017
A fun and relaxed work environment with competitive bonuses for employees willing to go the extra mile. There is always a new product to learn about which keeps the workplace interesting.
A purely numbers driven position with no growth and no future.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
Working at Showcase:

Your monthly performance is based on three key metrics: Extended Service Plan sales (ESPs), Insider sign ups (their loyalty program) and Productivity Per Hour (the average of how much you convince customers to spend each hour). However beyond the promise of a SMALL monthly sales bonus and the threat of losing your job if your store doesn't exceed sales plan (by a minimum of 10% each month) there is no real motivation to hit these three key performance indicators.

As well there is no yearly performance review or annual pay increase with any of the companies positions. (something the hiring manager neglected to tell me until after I was hired and had worked there for almost six months)

The company DOES however offer a 1% cost of living adjustment to those employees who have been with them longer then 12 months (paid out at the beginning of each July)

Expect to spend most days blindly looking into nothingness, with the exception of weekends, most Showcase stores are devoid of customers during the average week. When you are fortunate enough to have a customer to talk to, it will usually involve them screaming at you because of the companies FINAL SALE policy on the majority of the products that they carry.

This is the ONLY retail management position I have EVER had were I was NOT empowered to satisfy my customers. Store Managers for Showcase are there to sell product, schedule staff, run inventory and enforce the companies return policies, nothing more. When a customer gets REALLY UPSET they are directed to e-mail Showcase customer support
  more... who themselves have been instructed by the companies owner (Showcase is privately owned) to enforce the return polices in all maters (except were facing legal ramification)

The only true advantage to working at Showcase is the work/life balance, with most stores being absent of shoppers during the week it is easy to leave on time at the end of each shift. This however also represents a major disadvantage because your productivity per hour is based on total hours you work, so store manages have the highest sales per hour expectations of any staff and are also the first ones to be dismissed when they are unable to meet those expectations.

In the end Showcase is a revolving door for Store Management.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Extremely sales driven, low paying job, High turnover, disorganized upper management.
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 June 2017
Only reason why I quit was because I was pregnant and there was only 3 of us at the store so even if i was really sick, he still made me come in.
Otherwise, super fun job. One of the best! If you love as seen on tv stuff, you will love to learn about all the fun products.
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
not enough people working
Great Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2017
Sales associates were very involved with customers all day everyday!
Great hours and great products! Management is awesome and the job is upbeat and fun!!
fun and interactive
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC31 May 2017
customer service emphazied as number 1 tool for sales and customer participation. customer can see and experience all products at showcase. This a company that offers a fun and interactive experience for customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Showcase. Our community is ready to answer.