Showcase Employee Reviews

Excellent work place and interactive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS15 May 2019
Loved working for showcase , I found showcase to be like family your not just a number . You get to play with all the latest gadgets that come in and demo them . Great bonuses when you hit target . It’s the home of the hottest tends . Daily operations was merchandising the store , demoing to get sales and get people into the store . Weekly bank runs . Hitting esps targets weekly . Upselling and getting insiders .
Pros
Excellent discounts
Cons
Sometimes it can be dead makes your shift longer
Alright!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 May 2019
I enjoyed working with the customers! Despite the occasional bad apple, working with people makes the job meaningful. My boss was nice and fair! There are a few reasons why I left the store. One is because I had to focus on school. And two is because I didn't enjoy working with certain people anymore. There was also a growing mundane attitude within me working there - I think that's more on my end.
Pros
Fair Amount of Work on Busy Days
Cons
Sometimes Slow
loved this job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB16 April 2019
my experience with this company was absolutely wonderful, I enjoyed the environment, the management, the training, the customers, the benefits, the support...everything was amazing
Staff is amazing, Head Office is not
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2019
I really enjoyed working at Showcase when I started out, but as the months have gone on it has become apparent that Management beyond a store level is absolutely horrible. District managers have the ability to change the 'policies" constantly, and any form of communication regarding merchandising is muddled and not direct. I'd say if you want a good day to day work environment, work at Showcase, but career wise, you'd be better somewhere else.
Pros
Great coworkers, decent product
Cons
Head Office, Hours
great place to see products you see on tv
Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB25 February 2019
typical day at work helping out guests when they need help. stock shelfs when they need to be filled. scheduling employees' most days are worked with 2 people as running off few hours. receiving stock and making sure all product came in. keeping the store neat and tidy.
Pros
gets to demo products
Cons
no advanements in compay and no one wants to teach new managers ther job on what needs to be done
Retail
Regional Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
Your average retail job. The CEO likes to gouge for profits anyway they can but they recognize hard work and give room for growth. Management always welcomes new ideas and attempt to create strong team environments
Pros
The hilarious products
Cons
Irate customers
Good Workplace, Even Better People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 October 2018
This job is excellent if you're big on customer service and love working in a retail environment.

Days can fly by sometimes and you're left wondering where the time went. It's a very fun job and interacting with all sorts of new faces everyday is a big positive.

Hours were great for me as I worked full-time mostly. The management is very caring about all their employees, and very understanding if you're dealing with some tough issues outside of work. This was a big plus for me as I had moved to Canada from Australia and was doing my best to settle into a new country.

A couple of cons about this job were sometimes there was pretty slow foot traffic which a lot of the time meant the day grew longer. Being on your feet almost everyday can take a toll but if you've worked in a retail environment before you should be used to it. Although it wasn't advertised for me in the Indeed description, this job is bi-weekly pay so be wary about that.
Pros
Extremely friendly staff, good management, interacting with customers is a lot of fun!
Cons
Bi-weekly pay (at least for me), slow foot-traffic at times
Not worth the headache, terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE1 October 2018
This company has zero benefits unless in management. It only cares about sales and not the general well being of the staff. There is no HR department in this company which allows managers and district reps to treat people extremely poorly with no person to report such things to. Products are cheap and they push the sale of unreliable service plans offering unlimited repair but very few products provide staff with education to fix them. Although it is educational and fun at times it is a company built on self benefit.
Pros
educational
Cons
terrible management, no HR, No hours
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 September 2018
Cleaning and arranging product. Assisting customers by trying the product. Staff were great. Hardest part was performing refunds.You get to test/play with the product and interact with customers is always fun.
Pros
get to play
Cons
not enough hours
slow paced,bad management,and no job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 September 2018
The job is really slow paced could be a couple hours of no customers which gets really boring pacing around the store and can't even sit or do other things... Management is poor for example manager doesn't respond back for a couple days (but only calls you if they need something but doesn't respond if you keep messaging for work-related stuff... ) scheduling is bad same with hours... furthermore, no job security and getting sometimes only 3 hours a week for work which is no point... In the time frame, many people have quit or former people that have worked said they hated it.
Pros
discount
Cons
mostly everything
A caring boss and staff make all the difference.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2018
I came into this job after leaving a brutal one and I was treated with care and respect, they worked around my schedule for my other job and personal life, it was a fun environment and they train you thoroughly and efficiently. It is a store that actually puts people first before money and is allows you to be yourself. I highly recommend this workplace.
Pros
The environment, the staff, the flexibility.
Cons
If I had to pick one, the store I worked at was smaller than what I was use to
Fun place to work
Co-Assistant Manager & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 September 2018
it was like Christmas every time I worked here always getting the hottest new trends and getting to be able to test most these products as well was a dream come true.
educational and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 September 2018
My hours would differ but i worked full time.

I learned a great deal about the products we sell and how to inform and help customers with products they wish to buy.

It was a fun and educational work place, small staff team of 4 but all incredibly helpful.

I really enjoyed this job overall, i liked the team i worked with, i believed in what the store was selling, my hours and wage were great overall a great experience.
Pros
discount
Cons
location
Fun job, not so fun work/home balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 August 2018
Long days, minimal hours alloted per store so the employees are often working alone for long hours and on busy days.

The company is very sales driven which is good you don't get commission for your sales. They also run contests which aren't fair to all employees. The contests mostly benefit the employees who work the most. The part timers with 1-2 four hour shifts per week lose out.

Salary/wages are decent. They don't generally promote from within which is sad.
Pros
Contests.
Cons
Long hours, sales driven with no commission
Fun place to work with great people.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 July 2018
This job has helped me grow as a person over the years I have been there. The people you work with are a lot of fun. The hours can be hard as it is a retail job so it is a 7 days a week on call.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
Long days
Great place, business and people/
Salesman/Helper (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON14 June 2018
While the time i was there, it was a blast. always a great feeling when you can inform the customer on the product and see their smile face to face and even try to help/sell them a product if you correctly inform the customer.
Meh
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Anonymous7 May 2018
Posts job ads looking for “store manager” because they want to hire skilled workers, but the positions they have available are part-time (min wage) Sales Associates.
Pros
Ok if you need extra income on the side
Cons
Too many to list.
Fun and new experiences every day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON7 May 2018
Courteously greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced retail environments. Help customers with products and what they are looking for.
Pros
Get to use products at store
Cons
small lunch breaks
Productive but Fun Environment!
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2018
Working at Showcase is quite fun and you get to meet and interact with a lot of people. Working at Showcase built my confidence because I was shy to talk to people before and because of all the Demos I had to do It made me a better/ stronger person. The environment is quite friendly and warm.
Pros
Fun Items to Demo
my grandmother's job
Catherine Murray -Ontario Region Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 March 2018
my grandmother use to work for showcase as a traveling manager so she would go to different stores and
either fix the issues of why that store isn't making their target
or if they needed a new manager and she would go and train them.
Pros
learning how to be a good worker at a young age

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Showcase. Our community is ready to answer.