Showcase
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Showcase Employee Reviews

Canada128 reviews
Work was always changing with new products every week. Need for advanced Customer Service skills. Ability to change gears quickly a must.
Salary was low but good benefits package and bonus structure. I noticed in the past few years Showcase has drifted away from the root culture that made their stores a destination; inviting and exciting place to shop. Recent change of focus by Corporate has negatively affected stores.
Pros
Fun and challenging employment
Cons
Recent and Corporate restructuring made employment going forward in-tenable.
Like with most jobs, the people you work with make it worth it. Once management within the store changed, that's when everything went downhill. They claim that they care about their employees, but they really don't.
Store level management really needs to think about what they say before they say it, while communication across the whole company needs some fixing.
I chose to leave this company after constantly being undervalued as an employee and treated horribly by management and upper management.
From constant gossip and uncomfortable conversations, to working 9+ hours without breaks, schedule changes without consent or 24/hr notice, complete mess of money handling, constant infighting between employees, lack of proper training for employees, and xenophobia, sexism, and racism. Upper management does nothing to help any situation of conflict - perhaps the fact there is no HR helps them sleep at night knowing there is no recourse for their action and inaction.

My suggestion - find employment elsewhere. Even if you're desperate, Subway is a better option.
Long hrs, , customers yell at you every.single.day basically, very wishy washy DM & RMs, owner doesnt care about employees at all, just making money (which has been proven during covid19 outbreak, and all Showcase locations are still open). Overall a store full of neat stuff and some absolute garbage products, but not worth the stress and tears.
Pros
Cool product
Cons
Everything else
Used to be fun working at showcase. But with a new manager and lots changing the experienced high seniority staff got treated horribly and newer staff got all the hours and treated better. Can’t survive on 10 hours a week 🤷🏼‍♀️
Flexible working conditions
Good management and management board

Fast pace working experience

Interaction and team work

Expression of views

Listening ears by management
My first manager was exceptional as a sales person and store leader. Was an educational experience learning about new and innovative products and the job was instrumental in building my skills both in interpersonal and professional areas.
Showcase was a good job, casual sales and up selling warranty etc. I enjoyed my time working for them. My manager who I worked under was awesome and I hope they go far. They deserve it.
One of the best jobs I have ever had! Really fun and interactive. Always get to talk to customers and demonstrate the coolest new trends. It’s always fun going to work.
Company boasts that they are "fun and interactive" but that couldn't be further from the truth. High turnover, no company events, poor morale, poorly paid staff, departments against each other, horrible benefits, little to no training (into the fire you go!), growth only with significant (you know what!!) licking. Overall do not working here in any position...
Management was great and not micromanaging.
Pay was low.

Mall needs more visitors in order to make store more profitable and fast paced.

Location not convenient.

Needs more personnel on floor.

Scheduling issues and low budget.
One of the best companies I have ever worked for hands down. They are very family like in their interactions and the staff discount is awesome! Who doesn't like the newest stuff?!
This job was all about simply talking and helping customers. We were expected to know and understand what products we were selling and help those that need any explanation.
I enjoyed customer service at ShowCase. A lot of customers are very nice, the staff all got along 8well and pulled through for each other. The management kept on top of things and treated the staff good. Just do what you are supposed to and things will run smoothly. I especially loved the products.
Management was not there. New managers were not properly trained leading to unnecessary levels of stress and confusion. With new managers untrained, training new staff was a difficult process as well.
Showcase is a horrible environment to work in for tonnes of reasons.
1. there is absolutely ZERO room for a pay increase.

-from my time working there part time employees have NO chance in getting a raise whatsoever and managers get paid around 36-40k

2. you are always expendable to them

-once the boss decides he longer wants you he will for fire you "without cause or prejudice"

3. this company lives on scamming people and you will have to do so while working here.

-the return policy is a scam that you have to tell customers and the customers are forced into giving their information to receive the regular price on an item. if they do not provide their phone # and email they pay a higher price for most items. their extended warranty is also a scam as well as a variety of other things they do.

4. the manager will write you up (PEP) for literally anything you do just because he feels like writing you up.

-This includes not restocking an item or just breaking a silly rule.

5. the manager will round your hours DOWN.

The manager will round your hours in a fashion always beneficial for the company. for example he will deduct 20 mins if you come 20 mins late but not add 30 mins if you come 30 mins early.

Moral of the story is don't work here
Enjoyed the work just little opportunity for growth. I managed a few stores. Loved to demonstrating part of our job and all the new items weekly. Great place to work.
Pros
Always new products
Cons
Need better payscale
Worked there for over 2 years. The only part I liked were my coworkers and the products. The manager is AWFUL. She doesn’t care about her employees at all, she’s an ignorant bully who should never be responsible for anybody. The pay sucks, the hours suck, management sucks. She favourites employees and if you’re not her favourite you get next to no hours. There is an extremely high turnover rate, in my 2+ years I was there, I saw 35+ people come and go, most only lasting a few days/weeks.
There is so much more I could write, but it would be way too long.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
MANAGER! Pay, hours
If you have any respect for yourself you will not apply at this showcase. The manager is a complete bully and is terrible to work for. She tries to get her employees to quit if she doesn't like them and talks badly about them behind their back. The job itself isnt bad, other coworkers were amazing, but the boss runs it. I only worked there 1.5 months cause she was so awful.
was just a job to help me in college, very flexible with anything life going wise. manager was awesome to work with. laid back environment. would recommend for students
Pros
got to try items in store.
Cons
The only person that will matter to the company in you’re store will be the store manager, unless your liked by the district manager. If they don’t like you, don’t expect to move up what so ever. They look for high energy, in you’re face type of people but expect you to take minimum for wage. On top of that, many of the selling strategies in store and online make me not trust shopping there, but you’re still expected to do said things. The only good thing about working there was being able to meet so many people I now call my friends.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Showcase. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9