Showa Canada

Showa Canada Employee Reviews with Jobs

Canada27 reviews

Repetitive work, steady job security, physically straining

Repetitive straining work, always pushing you to move faster off the start but once you get the hang of things its easier. Opportunities to put in your own thoughts about job production and ideas and are even rewarded for doing so. They also provide a good level of job security.

Pros

Simple work, repetitive movements(easy to remember), steadyjob security

Cons

Repetitive movements(physically straining)

Poor Human Resources.

Poor human resources, certain factions of heavily favored among the shop floor, which unfortunately leads to lack of oppurtunity for advancement for there more and deserving employees.

Pros

Lots of Overtime.

Cons

Lack of professionalism in human resources.

It is a terrible place to work because no one seems to really care about what they do there.

Every job function I was given while working at Showa Canada seemed to emphasize how much I was producing and not anything to do with HOW I was doing my job. Once in a while, someone, not management, would indicate that "it is easier if you perform the task THIS WAY, and show me". Otherwise, it is a completely underutilized company with many if not most managers, or team leads to be inexperienced and show complete lack of motivation or help in job skill areas.

line work at its finest

be it in assembly, paint or machining all postions are engaging. the ability to work and still hold coversations with the person next to you is an added bonus.

nice Facility

IT's fast paced environment Organized from the Japanese side Very friendly culture Lack of manpower within the department. Location issue to find skill trades

Toujours au chomage

Toujours au chomage. Contrats courts. Patron qui se prennent pour des dieux

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Dangeureux

repetitive work

I was there part time nd do not have a great comment to make other than it was close to Bradford and there was flexible hours available and lots of work to do.

Pros

money

Cons

night shift

not for everyone

Repetitive work, with heavy lifting. Can have mandatory weekends. Training can be difficult, it all depends if you're a fast learner or how busy they're.

Pros

hours

Cons

lack of training

Great place to work at

Great Engineering team. Engineering/Maintenance Manager is a great person and has a vast knowledge about the company and manufacturing in general. bb

A factory for car pipes

A typical day at Showa starts of with good energy. The supervisors are nice and, the work I had to do was hard but, also enjoyable. I spent all day on my feet lifting the car pipes onto the table for me or my co-workers to complete the painting, and unpacked many boxes. The car pipes would weight about 20 pounds but, some days it would be bigger and, heavier. About 30 pounds. I would be rotating from different stations where I would perform different tasks. I learned how to cut open a cardboard box efficiently. I gained the strength to stand on my feet for 8 hours and, sometimes I did overtime of 4 hours. I worked night shift and, many new workers quit after 1 or 2 weeks but, I stayed for my entire contract of 3 and a half months.

Pros

A total of 50 minutes break. First a 10 minute break, then lunch for 30 minutes and, a last 10 minute break.

Cons

The uniforms were always missing buttons or had broken zippers.

line worker

at showa I was part of a team that had to make numbers per shift in a fast-paced environment. operation hydraulic equipment. all in all, showa was a good place to work with a lot of emphasis on teamwork to make sure that your team got the numbers needed in the shift.

Pros

good working team atmosphere

Cons

non regular sleep hours

showa schomberg

Showa is a great place to work at so long as you don't get hurt, I worked there for a few years and then had a few issues, they kept trying to fire me and eventually I was laid off

Pros

raises

Cons

contract work

Good Pay. Shift Work. Horrible Bosses

Showa paid well, but it was shift work (days afternoons, midnights). Work life balance was awful. Maditory overtime on many weekends. Bosses were dictators and not supportive. I only stayed as the pay and benefit were good.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Horrible Bosses

Hard work but Great Company to work for

Factory work is a tough job but this company treats all associates fairly and the environment is safe, clean and well organized. Showa is the only company I have known to be totally transparent with the management and the financial status. Every month all associates are provided the business plan vs actual numbers. You feel like an important part of the company, not just a lowly worker. Of course a lot depends on your own attitude.

Pros

OT paid after 40 hrs, shift premiums, Great health benefits, opportunity for personal growth with Continuous Improvement projects, Many special events, family days, BBQ lunches

Cons

Standing for 8hrs, frequent 6-day weeks

Fun workplace

Learned a lot about how car parts were made and assembled. Learned a lot about the Japanese culture and mindset when they would visit the plant. Enjoyed the children's activities provided by them on various occasions.

Busy but fun

Factory work can be very repetitious and hard but when you work with amazing people it helps. Keeps you busy and active. I learned a lot working there, the hardest part about the job was doing the physical work but still a good place.

Avoid working here!!!

Worst work experience ever. Inflexible management, silly long hours, 6 days a week for at least 2 weeks per month, dress code, no advancement, penalized and disciplined for every and any small infraction, allow non-certified "millwrights" to work...They had went through 32 maintenance personnel in under 15 years, to show you how bad it is there...

Pros

barely acceptable wage

Cons

too many to list

very good

i lean Focus on quality assurance Operation of various types of assembly machines Operation of various types of stamping machines Punctuality and Willingness to learn Ability to work independently and as a team member Willing and able to upgrade my skills Completed WHMIS training

Heavy and long hours

Lack of motivation although some friendly co-workers. Work hard on the body as ercanomics lacking. Big layoff in September, 2015 and contracts go o n for 4 to 5 years.

Awesome experience

Everyday was a new day, you would be setting traps one day, and catching the next day....or so. Such a great experience, and I learned a lot regarding the environment.

Good engineering department

Good company to work for. Nice people and environment. Will love to work again. Lot to learn with engineers and technicians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Showa Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement