Shoppers Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly staff to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 March 2018
Friendly staff to work with but due to competition and economy each day is different. Each day is different to learn new things whether is be new products or respiratory field.
Pros
most weekends off plus hours are good
Cons
job security due to the economy
I raised my family working here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC8 March 2018
I was released because of financial reasons. I enjoyed working here but feel they let me go for the wrong reasons. I would not recommend them. They are closing all locations
Wonderful learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 February 2018
Due to the nature of the job, the learning curve was huge, I learned a lot in a short period of time. I wore many many different hats in my history of this job which was wonderful, the days were busy and full and flew by. I was never bored
Pros
Learned lots
Cons
lack of communication with upper management
Great places to work
Shipper/Receiver/clerk (Former Employee) –  McCowan and Lawrence6 December 2017
This was a great experience working at these places. I want something new and different now that I am older. I would also like a job that could have a pension to take care of my family.
Pros
Good benefits, fantastic coworkers
Cons
Gets very hot in backroom
Employer always open to employee input
Service Technician/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 November 2017
This department is now defunct as there has been a change of ownership. I know we provided a valuable service but I don't believe it was financially functional.
great future
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON25 November 2017
A company in flux, still searching for the right mix, but with a strong management team. Lots of opportunity in the marketplace, however I am not sure how SDM will develop the company.
Hit or miss
Store Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Very stressful place to work when head office provides zero support. Pay was competitive and benefits were exceptional. Unfortunately, I still cant recommend.
Relaxed and fun place to work friendly co workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON22 August 2017
Under paid for job being completed ,lack of organization, possible exposure to verity of infectious diseases by handling medical equipment without proper training
Pros
Great management to work with
Cons
Lack of job security
work eithics
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
the work environment at shoppers now lablows bought them is a fair company if you love working with people with special need then this is a place to work at. the benefit and salary is above average
Pros
you work on field meet different customers helping people
Cons
drive long hours and also no room to grow
Allowed me to learn new skills by being promoted to other duties.
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 May 2017
My time at Shoppers Home Health Care was very rewarding. I was promoted twice to other positions after being hired as a Customer Service Representative. I learned many new skills and enjoyed the work with C.C.A.C. Both in the orders for medical supplies as well as the rental equipment.
shoppers
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 May 2017
this job was one of my first full time job the expenicence was amazing the hours were great the people were amazing and it thought me a lot about the real world work
productive and great place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 March 2017
Dealing with the customers in an efficient and timely manner was the most satisfying part of the job.
Being thorough with follow up via telephone, email, or fax with Healthcare vendors and clients.
Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 March 2017
poor management, no advancement opportunity, no employee appreciation, I didn't learn anything, was happy when I heard they were going out of business
Was ok!
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Working at Shoppers was good most of the time. I do not believe management has your best interest in mind and they do not understand fully what it is that the little people do for them.
Mismanagement with the store. Bullied to do work with no training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
Not a good atmosphere everyone's worries they could get fired so they throw each other under the bus. No fun for long term employment. Stay clear until they have overhauled the entire establishment.
Pros
Free lunches, some weekends off
Cons
Bullied at work, threatening words towards your job security. Expected overtime without pay. No job security
Used to be a great place to work.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
The staff at the time of my employment were amazing. Once the Company sold off their assets and the new people took over it was a nightmare. The Clients suffered tremendously.
Mismanaged
Client Delivery Set-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
One of the most mismanaged workplaces I have ever been involved with. The money was decent but unless you sucked up REALLY hard you went nowhere in there and only if you knew how to pat someone on the back to know where to stick the knife were you going anywhere there. Unsafe working conditions and injuries not taken seriously nor addressed properly. They always tried to trip people up to do things that their doctor said they couldn't do to see if you were faking it and then fire you on the spot if they caught you. It was a joke really. They no longer exist and for that I am grateful
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
the rest of it
Helping People
Receptionist / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 November 2016
Shoppers Home Health Care in Thunder Bay has been in existence for many years and was largely Community influenced and based. It is now corporate and loosing it's personal community touch.
Pros
Helping people and Community
Good company to work for
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 September 2016
Well established company, pays not to bad, good people to work with can be a very fast paced environment at times.. benefits are good and supply proper tools for the job
Organization is critical.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 September 2016
Many systems have been put into place to make the job flow well. Great people to work with. Needs improvement on communication of new products and systems in place.
Pros
great staff
Cons
product understanding needs improvement