Shoppers Drug Mart

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Not worth the stress

Very stressful work environment and low pay. Good if you are just starting out in the pharmacy field because they hire anyone and you will gain good experience.

Pros

Store discount

Cons

Stressful, low pay

Coworkers are fun but corporate doesn’t care. The pay is not worthy of the work you do.

The people I work with are like my family. It can be fun and satisfying at times. But the pay is not at all satisfactory and corporate doesn’t value the employees. The system shuts down every Thursday and Saturday, the busiest days of the week.

Pros

Co workers Employee discount

Cons

Chance of repetitive strain injuries Pay No profit sharing Occasional Nepotism

Good job but low pay

For the amount of work that you do in the pharmacy, you are not paid adequately. It is a high stress job. Better off working in a small private pharmacy that is less busy.

Pros

We had a bonus during the pandemic Time goes by fast

Cons

Low pay

Two sets of rules depending on where you work an for whom. Much hypocrisy

Management never talk to each other. Play upon staff. Not much appreciationGet made to feel bad if calling off due to illness or anything else. Still no benefits after more than three years.

Pros

Really close to home

Cons

No benefits whatsoever after 3 years

Typical retail job

It is important to remember that each SDM location is different and experiences may differ. My location was a smaller store, owner was very hands on and approachable. Pay for what I done was ok but I know larger stores there is more pressure and the pay maybe doesn't reflect that.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere Not a stressful job Easy to learn

Cons

Pay is not amazing Paid time off was terrible at two weeks

Not bad, could be better

Straight forward daily tasks such as stocking shelves and customer service. Very easy going management and coworkers are always willing to help you. However, there tends to be a lot of heavy lifting and bending involved; a very active position going between the backroom, the floor and other departments in the store you also don't stand much during shifts.

Pros

Active position and straight forward tasks

Cons

Lack of proper security, poor delegating by management and toxic work environment

Fun place to work

Very busy, fast paced, customer service oriented. Fun place to work, everyone gets along well. Would recommend to a friend. Everyone stands behind each other

Productive easygoing and fun place to work at

The management was great bery caring about the enployees and super understanding. The hours are great and an easygoing and chill place to work. Staff was really nice and custome base was decent

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Sometimes some annoying customers

People I work with are great

Shoppers Drug Mart itself has a great workplace culture. However, what drags the ratings down is the corporate owner - Loblaws. Loblaws' financial policies are none like I've ever experienced after 35 years of accounting experience. They are very stingy with their work hours, so it is hard to perform your duties correctly. Very hard to get full-time work..most positions are part-time only.

Pros

Work days and hours are flexible for my position, Generous discount on purchases, Often freebies, Good group of people

Cons

Not enough corporate hours allowed to perform work correctly, Financial policies can be a bitter pill to swallow, Corporate procedures to fix or look into problems is a joke

Not the best work place

They aren’t the easiest people to work with .. very grumpy actually they are miserable all the time … no room for advancement.. management are bullies ..

Cons

It was for a co-op placement. I enjoyed my time there :)

The tasks given to us were fairly easy, I was a fast worker and I got the job done quickly and efficiently. If I hadn't moved then I would've gotten a job there 😞

Pros

Not much to say

Cons

Great! Can be really stressful depending on the location

Fair pay, great benefits, but can be extremely stressful depending on the location and customers. Associate-owner varies in every store and having a great one plays a big role.

Pros

Good employee discounts, fair hours

Cons

Being alone at cash can be very tiring and stressful

pay is not fair in comparison to the stress given but is a good starting point for one's career as a pharmacy technician.

The pay did not match with the stress you are burdened with. However, i would recommend this job if you are new graduate or looking for a job in pharmacy, they accept easily and is a good experience.

Favouritism

The job it self was quiet fun and enjoyable. Although the management is what made me decide to leave this company. it is purely based on commission which can get very competitive. Not my type of job, it may be for others.

Pros

Great workplace

Cons

Poor management. didn’t really care about you as a person, just cafes how well you worked for the company.

Shoppers Drug Mart corporate is very diff then the real day to day life.

Working in a store that is remote it seems like you are "FORCED" to do what your owner sees fit for their needs at the time even if it's against head office policy then you ear "Expected" to lie and act differently during audits etc. Trying saying no and you will find yourself with hours cut or be railroaded for the rest of your carrer.

Pros

Great customers, Great replenishment system 30 %discount on reg priced items. Free items from vendors ie, chips, bread etc.

Cons

Owners or mgrs can run their store as they see fit even if it's against laws.

Not bad

Good as a casual job if u r just starting with no experience, the more you stick around the more you will learn. No room for growth,no raises, low pay.

Pros

Gifts, optimum discount

Cons

Stressful, low pay

Feels like you’re in a prison. Management treats you like you’re a robot.

Stressed out going in to work every single day because manager treats us like we are worthless and picks on every little thing we do. I never know if I’m going to have a job or not. It’s the same at every Shopers Drug Mart. Worst job I’ve ever had.

Pros

Commission

fun workplace. They are friendly

I enjoyed working there . People are very friendly. In my branch the people there are welcoming and very kind. Helpful.Happy environment. dhdhsmskcndjdjdj

Stressful and competitive environment to work.

No good training, no standard work to follow, each pharmacist has own rules you have do follow fast. Most of them don’t treat you with respect and paciente. It’s a messing place to work, without cleaning concerns about the Covid polices. No one clean or take care about their spot. The coworkers screaming with patients everyday. They’re stressed all the time and don’t know how to work in team.

Pros

Maybe you can get some experience. A bad one!

Cons

Messing and stressful job, without standards to follow, training properly to develop all tasks.

Fun enviromentBut no advancemnt

Favoritism, no advancement even if you work hard and prove your ability At most of the stores management hires friends and families and they speak in their own language which is not professional at all !!!!

Pros

Freebies

Cons

No advancement even if you prove yourself

Good friendly coworkers

Started out as merchandising role but trained and stayed as cashier. Was pretty fun job at first but then have to pay attention to self checkout counts.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Soc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Shoppers Drug Mart