Work wellbeing score is 66 out of 100

Canada281 reviews

Found 281 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,083 reviews
martdrugsdmpharmacycosmeticstoredrugmartpharmaprix

Work

You work, you get paid, if you believe in customer service that's what you do.Staff is friendly, you get overtime when needed, customers can be a little harsh.

Great staff to work with, bad management

The great staff is the only good part to this job. Understaffed most of the time, tasks not being given out correctly resulting in conflict, asking too much of employees without any compensation or barely any recognition for hard work. The “higher ups” are also hard to deal with. Most staff not wanting to go to them with issues as they will be not listened to, be ignored or be spoken with like they’re stupid & in a rude manner.

Jobs at Shoppers Drug Mart

Customer Service Associate / Cashier positions
See more jobs

Not at All good or productive.

What is the best part of working at the company?There is no best part, it was all bad.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Bosses who do not listen and get mixed up about things happening in your personal life, and they would use it against you and get the other bosses confused.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Quick paced . Which is the only good part of working for them.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy , sometimes quick , but mostly bad considering who and what we'd put up with from our bosses and their suck-up cronies.

Good environment

Great company, always helping people achieve their goals. Good for full time or part time jobs if you are still in school. Very flexible and an overall great experience

Just a body

Expected to do a lot of work in a short time. If its a busy day you wont be able to get things done and for me, customers come first. Unfortunately if I spend time helping customers I get berated for not getting my work done. Passive aggressive blaming and raging and ignored if you ask for clarification. A lot of favoritism, and hours, kindness goes to those people. Manager needs to learn how to communicate effectively with everyone, not just the ones they like. Zero advancement unless they like you, regardless if you are a good worker or not. Raises are unheard of. Otherwise, the staff is great to work with and the perks are good.

Pros

discount

Cons

Poor leadership

Insights into Shoppers Drug Mart

Based on 1,563 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great work place

Very busy days at work.I learned that the customer is always right.I learned how to do inventory.The hardest part of the job was starting at midnight until 8 am.I loved my colleges.

Pros

15 % discount on store items

terrible place to work

The company doesn't respect you at all. No matter what you do for the company it's all for not. Don't expect to be treated like a human being. Won't be going back.

Not great

It depends on your location. The location I was at I was covering several positions and kept just under fulltime hours to keep me at part time. Other cashiers were great and fun to be around but owner was a micromanager.

It's great, until it's not, but then it's great again.

This is a great place to work as long as you have actual great work ethic and stay in everyone's good books. It's certainly not perfect all the time but it's definitely one of the best places I've worked yet... When it's fully staffed and morale is up (because sometimes it's not). Don't expect to have a lot of your demands fulfilled (time off, shifts switched, etc.) if you call in sick all the time and slack off a lot while on shift. Just bring your great work ethic and things will be smooth for you.

Productive and fun place

Good place to work at, especially for a first time job. Great way to learn new skills in regards to customer service. Has its up and downs like any costumer service job.

Friendly and supportive coworker/managers/store owner

Fun and interactive workplace. Can be stressful during peak times and shift change but you would find that anywhere. Store owners and management show appreciation constantly and were always willing to help when you need it. Very rarely do they hire ft, I assume due to the benefits they'd have to start offering but being hired pt you get just as many hrs as Dr if you're wanting the hours. Very flexible.Not enough good things could be said at 2 out of 3 of the stores I worked at.

Pros

Appreciated, good ppl

Cons

Not much opportunity to be hired as full-time.e

Fun, sociable stressful

Management coordination can be difficult but otherwise the job is fun, sociable and teaches you a lot about patience and customer service if that’s what you are looking for. Otherwise I would say it’s a good place to work

Pros

Discount

Cons

Can be boring

Fun workplace

People with respect but pay is low . It is a good place to work when you just graduate from high school . Also it is a fast working place to stay at !

"Shoppers Drug Mart offers a positive work environment with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, and a supportive team culture."

Shoppers Drug Mart consistently receives high praise for its inclusive work environment, excellent growth prospects, attractive compensation packages, and a supportive team dynamic that fosters professional development

Horrible

Don’t even bother, look for something else. Toxic environment & not worth your time or mental health. Not enough training and customers are horrible people half the time

Pros

Days you aren’t scheduled

Cons

Working there

Difficult at 1st but manageable

positive environment, good coaching and patient management. the pay is not fair for the job requirements (they paid minimum wage). Good perks with the points card though.

Good benefits

Not a very flexible with the hours since I had a second job.Very good benefits and discounts for employees. Good environment overall....I wished management were more understanding with people who have second jobs .

Benefits

Cons

Hours

Regular retail job

Just your average retail experience. Some fast, busy days and some slow, boring days. Your enjoyment of shifts will probably largely depend on your co-workers and manager.

Management is terrible

I really enjoyed what I did daily at work. Unfortunately I had terrible unprofessional managers which made my job miserable and dreadful. The only pros were the benefits (if you’re full time employee)

Cons

Bad management

Normal job

Just like any job only thing is you need tough skin to deal with these customers. The crew is nice and supportive. If you need to change with someone they try to find someone for you and they defend you infront of unfair customers.

Same old retail environment

you know how it is, a few cool coworkers. full timers get the best day shifts. part time evenings great for students. store hours should close a lot earlier in the city. theres a lot of theft and sketchy people coming in at night, with little to no security. retail is a joke in 2023.

Customer Service Associate / Cashier at Shoppers Drug Mart

Estimated salary
$15.35 per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement