Shoppers Drug Mart

Canada5,326 reviews

Found 5,326 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,429 reviews
martdrugsdmpharmacycosmeticstoredrugmartpharmaprix

fun place to work

Been here for about 6 months and i have enjoyed my work and getting more knowledge on my job. Only thing that we need to improved is hiring additional staffs to work in a shift especially during delivery days to work on the delivery.

Pros

good working environment

Cons

Short staffs during shift

Shoppers Drug Mart review Summary

Work so many years from assistant front store manager become store manager, but you will suddenly lost all job security after you become front store manager. Every year cut a big amount of labor hours per week to remain the basic store standard and the manager get salary paid. As a manager worked almost 70- 80 hours per week. Also people from head quarter are very unfriendly. They don't sure how much suffering in store level. Most of them never work in store level before. They have 0 consideration and appreciation. Extremely bad company

Pros

High Paid as manager

Cons

totally no job security

Insights into Shoppers Drug Mart

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Terrible management

The manager I had played favourites and when you’re not her favourite of the month you felt it and would give you the worst shifts and would micromanage on the side,

great job as a high school student

Great job to start with to pick up many useful skills in a customer service setting, easy and clean. Boring at times but all in all was a good steady part time job for a teenager.

Decent place but expect you to work a lot

Loved my staff but the management would over schedule me. I would be scheduled during my school time. Never got a break and would run around all shift exhausted.

Shoppers Drug Mart

The environment is very good. For the first couple months, I was unbothered by management. I'd come, get a cart and stock the shelves. They played music and I would vibe out and stock. It was actually a very fun job. The only bad thing about this job was MANAGEMENT. On my first day, I was lost and had no idea what I was doing. No one trained me and a floor worker helped me. Then, 3 months later, they decide to teach me how to do my job. They also never gave me a uniform. I had days booked off for sports and they disregarded it. They gave me low hours. Most weeks I would have only 3 hours. Sometimes, 0 hour weeks. Honestly, its a really nice place and a good job. The coworkers are nice, its just management that's bad.

Pros

30% discount

Cons

Bad management, Low hours

fun job

Was a fun spot to work, i got along with people that I worked with well. Customers are generally fairly nice and don't stir up too many troubles. Management was nice.

Productive and fun workplace

Worked here for quite a while, even though the pay is minimum I honestly enjoy working with people there. My manager, my coworkers, they're like family.

stable job

Great Place

Honestly one of the best places I've worked. I highly recommend shoppers. Especially to students, very easy going with availability. I worked at shoppers through high school and college, and I have to say I could not be more lucky to have such a great team. Ive made some life long friends.

Learnt so much

I really enjoyed working there, i had so much fun and i learned so many things to help in the real world. The management was really good and I was able to have flexible hours

Toxic Environment

No time to eat or go to the washroom, let alone a break. Assistants are mostly not trained enough, which create more problems than “assisting.” Customers are always angry. Overall, a bad environment to work in long term.

Stressful, understaffed and corporate doesn't care.

Decent first job opportunity. Builds resume and contacts. Very few advancement opportunities and pay is substantially low for what you do, ESPECIALLY if you have other abilities (additional language, certificates, etc) work environment will vary depending on management, but very stressful and everything must be done in a strict timeline.

The work place feels second home to me.

Thanks for providing good times at work. I have learnt good communication, motivation, customer dealing at work place. The management is supportive and dedicated towards the work. They always keen to creative to make the work efficient.

Fast-paced, stressful yet rewarding

My experience working with shoppers pharmacy is I was thrown right away into the den. But as months goes by you'll learn more about how the system works.

Pros

Free food, Memories you'll make and experiences in retail

Cons

Management will guilt trip you with schedule, pointing finger for faults

Bad

Was not a good place to work at, the team was very problematic, the people were demanding. Working part time but getting full time hours. Would not recommend

If you want to give your life away for minimum wage apply to shoppers

No opportunity for growth. High turnover of staff members (all departments). Extremely poor team interactions between different departments. Us-versus-them mentality within the store. Pety staff and cheap leadership.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Must be available 8am to 12am even though you won't be scheduled you have to be available, no possibility for growth or advancement regardless of exceeding performance from previous years.

Good Place to work

The place is clean, they have decent hours, and most of the time you work with good people. Management is usually pretty good about having time off when needed. The discount is good too.

Easy job

Job is good if you’re looking for something casual. Depending on the manager, scheduling can be tailored and adjusted. If you’re looking for higher advancement past supervisor, there isn’t too much room to grow unless you ask for it consistently and speak to other store management

Horrible place to work

Management is horrible. They expect you to work past your shift and not pay you the extra even after you did all your work. They will make you work for free when they first hire you. Terminates senior employees for no reason so they can pay new people less money. Told not to make friends with other employees. If you ask for holidays they will cut your hours when you come back. Horrible place to work!

fun

Find a minimum wage receptionist job or something. The job is a lot more physical than it was 6 years ago. The easiest position, cashiers, now have more merchandising because of hour cuts.Hours are spread thin because of minimum wage increases. The hours will never go back to normal. Hours have steadily declined with every minimum wage increase since the 1980s.The only good things are flexible schedules and keeping busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement