Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Typical minimum wage grocery store job
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 March 2018
The experience will depend on the particular store, my experience has ranged from great to sub-par in terms of management and workplace culture, and this will greatly affect your satisfaction.

The work is nothing special, stocking shelves and working with customers is 90% of the job.
The co-workers were nice and easy to get along with.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
The co-workers were nice and easy to get along with. There was no advancement opportunity however. The hours were long and the break given was only the one hour lunch break we had there was no in-between.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Nice Place to Work
Many other assisting tasks, as assigned to me (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB26 March 2018
I had a great time working here. I received real makeup training in cosmetics that could help me earn better commission on sales. I just didn't work the right hours or enough hours... which is typical in a retail environment. you jusr don't know what you're going to get. I prefer a salary job.
Tight knit team
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 March 2018
Typical work day would be sorting out product in the back to get ready to put on shelves. Was an on-call cashier whenever back was needed. Hardest part of the job was not being able to complete some of tasks as was not trained in all areas. Enjoyable part was I taught myself.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Punching in/out for ALL breaks
Friendly and fufilling place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
A typical day was busy and fast paced . I learned how to communicate directly with customers. and enjoyed the daily interaction with customers as well as interacting with fellow employees. Management was great and personable and always helped me when i needed it.
Pros
Ability to move up in the company
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
Productive and fun workplace and We give good customer service.
You learned a lot, like we are helping each other, time management, we have a good teamwork.
Friendly and welcoming environment
Cashier / Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 March 2018
Management is very warm and friendly
The most enjoyable part of the job is that my co-workers and supervisors are very warm, when I first started they all helped me learn the rules and regulations of the store. I started off as a cashier and then slowly, I got my training for Post Office as well. It is a very friendly environment and you get lost of opportunities to learn and grow as an employee.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good for customer service
SUPERVISOR & CASHIER (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 March 2018
As far as customer service jobs go, this one is pretty great. I am fortunate to have great managers and most of my staff are good. There is room to try different positions on the sales floor and flexibility with hours.
wonderful workplace
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 March 2018
id say the hardest part of the job was leaving the work environment each day, I genuinely enjoyed my job and all the caring customers I met, I would definitely recommend applying, I learned new skills that can be applied further on in my life.
friendly great atmosphere
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2018
typical work day would be serving customers ,helping customers locate products and answering questions , love the graditude and appreciation...most enjoyable part is serving repeat customers you gain a repoire
Pros
a discount
Cons
high turnovers
Goal oriented
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 March 2018
Professional place to work with. Completing goals on time. Effective communication with clients and proper service. Clean and tidy place with maintaining safety hazards.
good place
Pharmacist assistant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON21 March 2018
good place to work depending on who is your boss is. Very friendly and lovely place where people are always very happy to help you learn new things. loved working here
Productive, fit perfectly with school time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON21 March 2018
I was able to learn and cooperate with both co-workers as well as customers. I used this opportunity to improve on my communication with customers and able to understand their need. I was eventually promoted to supervising the store at night time, and was able to run the store. Unfortunately, I had to leave due to school, otherwise it is a great place to work at.
Good opportunity for advancement
CASHIER/MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
I liked working here because I was able to excel through different job positions and experience all the company had to offer. I was required to help customers purchase the right choice of makeup and skincare, as well as show them how to apply such products. I thoroughly took pride in knowing that I helped another woman find her confidence through cosmetics.
Pros
Fantastic management
Cons
Slow location
Cashier Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 March 2018
This company was nice to work at as they provided extra mile rewards. This means they would reward the employee's for going the extra mile, above and beyond, for the customers they served.
Fun Workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Loved working in cosmetics, great team I worked with. Got to do training for various cosmetic companies and learnt alot and got to try out the products.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
N/a
Fair place to work for. There was a balance in the work to life balance. Employees were treated fairly and with respect
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
At Shoppers Drug Mart, employees/colleagues were treated fairly and with respect. You felt a part of the team and your boss was fair and listened to you. A typical day at work was processing invoices via upload and data entry of invoices. The managers cared about your work ethic. The culture was relaxed (business casual but very busy). The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team and making the job fun. There was room to grow and learn.
Typical Retail Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON19 March 2018
Shoppers Drug Mart was a typical retail work place. Stocked and faced shelves daily, customer service, cashier, passport photos. Cross trained in all sections of store, everyone learned march, cash, photo, cosmetics, etc
Pros
Bonus Optimum Points, Free beauty products from Reps
Cons
Long Hours and Open everyday no holidays
Fun workplace
Merchandiser/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2018
Shoppers Drug Mart is an excellent place to go for both a first job, and a career. Depending on which location, the staff can be so welcoming and they truly do feel like a part of your family. If you are willing to take the time to learn the store standards, and show a willingness to learn and move throughout the company, then you will do well here. Again, depending on which location, shifts can be 14+ hours long, but usually are no more than 8.
All in all i don't regret my decision to join the shoppers team, and would recomend this job to just about anyone.
Productive workplace.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2018
A great place to start and continue working up. A lot to do and a day is never wasted. I learned how to be a cashier as well as a merchandiser, which has been very valuable to me as it was my first job. Customers and coworkers can sometimes be difficult, however, it's all part of the human experience and I enjoyed every single moment working at Shoppers.
Pros
Free food during celebrations
Cons
Often called in on my scheduled days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

41K